Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 10 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 16 months ago

Current Discussion

Error: "Couldn't invite to group"
Latest: 42 minutes ago
Adding to Groups
Latest: 71 minutes ago
Contact form not working
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Monitoring fix] Group Pool Posting Limit not working
Is it Flickr? Users? or Is it Me? - Views & Comments vastly reduced.
New Notification Center
Latest: 4 hours ago
Videos disappeared from camera roll
Latest: 7 hours ago
You have no photo or tag and photos with missing tags
Latest: 7 hours ago
My photo count is wrong.
Latest: 9 hours ago
[BUG?] For a same Photograph, Numbers of shots dispalyed different between Pool Justifed and Square view (Admin view)
Latest: 17 hours ago
User links in notifications bug?
Latest: 26 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Thumbnail problem
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

If you have an idea that can help us improve how Flickr works, share it with us here. If you can, please provide details about how this idea would improve the experience for you and other Flickr members.

I’ll be monitoring this thread and sharing your feedback with the rest of the team. Please be respectful of everyone’s ideas and keep our forum guidelines in mind when posting.

Thank you!
Posted at 8:21AM, 15 June 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 15 months ago.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 next →
(1001 to 1057 of 1057 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
view photos

shishir.desai says:

You should give option to edit photo related information after uploading it, Title, Description and Tag !
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ernstkers says:

shishir.desai:

You should give option to edit photo related information after uploading it, Title, Description and Tag !

All those features exist.

view photos

johngilchrist.com says:

C-Aida:

Thank you, I'll monitor as I go. thx for taking the time out to help.

view photos

Francis Mansell says:

Two things:

1. It's far from obvious how to open your flickrmail inbox unless you receive a notification that someone's PM'd you. I've now been shown that it's accessible from the buddy icon at top right - but this isn't even mentioned under the heading of flickrmail in the Help pages! Adding it to the You menu wouldn't hurt. Otherwise it all seems a bit random.

2. I had a group invitation the other day - for me to join a group, rather than to add one of my images to it. I didn't want to join it but the only place I could decline to join - as opposed to ignoring the invitation - was, a helpful person eventually told me, in a message sent to my flickrmail inbox. But the notification I received - both on the website and the phone app - included neither a No Thanks button, nor a link to the message that appeared in my flickrmail inbox, nor even a hint that there was a message in my flickrmail inbox. Why not? Please make it less complicated to decline such invitations.

view photos

janetfo747 ~ back but slow says:

Please make a admin senior, the one whom created the group .

We really need this, i have a couple of groups, that people have passed on, moved and no longer on flickr......Need to clean that up

thanks JanO
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

janetfo747 ~ back but slow says:

When we look at items in the Help Forum, it comes up with the oldest
information on the topic. should not the system up with the newest information?

thanks JanO

view photos

ugrandolini says:

I would like to be able to chat with other users :)

view photos

Dima Muzhetsky says:

ugrandolini:

Hey,didn't you know you CAN correspond with us other users?When seeing what I wrote,just right from it there is such "arrow to the left" sign.Click it and you can respond to me so that I myself get informed about your text!Have your mouse search the space directly up and right from my text and you will find it!

view photos

Marina Garrison says:

People search. Should have some filters. E.g. Pro, location, length of membership, number of photos.

I search on my town as I'd like to find some local photographers to befriend online and perhaps in real life. But this brings up tons of local businesses who are using Flickr as a photo server for marketing materials.

I'd like to be able to filter on "Pro" to find the people who were willing to actually pay for the service and see value in it - they are likely to be the photographers.

view photos

my.travels says:

I have an idea for improvement of the Flickr. Here is the idea:

You can create a page in table format where photos of the user is listed on first column in thumbnail format; second column will have the number of views for the photo; third column will have the number of faves for the photo; fourth column will have the number of comments for the photo. The table list will be sorted in a way that last faved or commented photo will be in the first row. When the user right clicks on the thumbnail then a window pops-up and lists the last ten users who had faved or commented the photo. This will be very user friendly when it is used together with your fantastic new notifications centre.

Regards

view photos

Charlie Wambeke Photography says:

I miss the translation feature. Nice for us who are not multilingual.

view photos

clìqueur says:

It's about the block function and possibly a forthcoming "mute" function.

"blocking" means that the blocked account cannot fave or comment or follow, which is ok.

I would be interested in a "mute" function, which would mean that the posts by the muted account are not shown in my main page. Would that be a possibility? It would enable me to control the flow of images I am exposed to.
clìqueur edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

arthuralex:
I'mDKB:
Donkey Hot Tea:
Clement Tang *:
SplashH2O:
Gomur.,:
Kostas Nt:
martinpettinger:
(Badgerrat1):
Antonio Vaccarini:
johnb/Derbys/UK:

Hey, folks. We've removed a few comments from this thread pertaining to notifications and the Recent Activity page. If you have feedback that you want to share about the new notifications center, we ask that you share it in the relevant discussion.

We built the new notifications center with the intention of making sure that the same activity being surfaced on the Recent Activity page is being surfaced in notifications or somewhere else on Flickr. If you have feedback to share on activities that seem to be missing or that you can't customize to your preference, let us know in this thread so that our team can be aware of it. We've been responding to questions there and incorporating community feedback since the initial launch, and we'll continue doing so.

If you're experiencing Pandas anywhere on Flickr, please report that to our Support Heroes team and we'll look into it.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Mary Warren 17.4+ Million Views says:

I am VERY unhappy with the changes I see when I go into "Recent Activity" and "Latest Day." I used to see the activity numbers from most recent and then older (like 1, 2, 3, 4).

Now it's "Start" and an arrow for next. The order makes no sense. Some screens have three entries, others have more. They are ALL way too short.

Before, I liked to go to the biggest number and then work backward to contact people who commented/faved -- at least some of them.

Now it a mess! Please fix. Thanks, Mary

view photos

happyrobot says:

I guess I'm chime in with the usual "How is HEIC still not supported on FLICKR?"

This is crazy.

view photos

Bill Rosmus says:

I would really like to have a feature in order to display a series as a single image in a photo stream. It makes a person's photostream less 'spammy' when others view it, and less spammy on other people's main page who may follow you. It would also be good for people who like to do documentary photography to put a project in one place, with a single entry point so that one can curate it a bit better.

For example I have a series on Instagram.

www.instagram.com/p/CTaRzUNP1rv/

I think it works great as a series with the single image to display as a 'cover' in the photostream (although it would be nice to be able to select an alternate to the first photo as a 'cover').

I'm wondering if it could be done by making a kind of special 'album', where the photos are hidden unless accessed by the album. And for display purposes that type of album could be have its cover photo displayed in the photostream. That is, a 'series album' could be a subtype of photo. There would be a better pattern to use, but I think you get the drift.

view photos

Kaometet says:

Idea : something (...) that prevents people from faving everything the 78.966 people they follow post

view photos

grahamH says:

I took my pro account to Ipernity because changes appear without notice. The changes always seem to diminish the usefulness and flexibility which flikr used to have. Useless ...

view photos

conall.. says:

Kaometet:

different people use faves different ways - why let it bother you that some use them a lot? You can use as few faves as you like.

view photos

conall.. says:

Charlie Wambeke Photography:

i cant remember a translate utility in Flickr but I cant see it being necessary
- your browser will translate - e.g. in Chrome just right click and pick translate to English & you get a translation without having to paste text into google translate otr anything cumbersome like that

view photos

Jeffrey Balfus (thx for 9 Million views) says:

Recent Activity Page
I agree with Mary Warren(17M views) above. The page should have the numbers of pages just like this page. It's now very difficult to go back a few days and catch up on past activity. The start thing makes go every page to get back to were left off.

A second point it is almost impossible to post to groups on the mobile app because you can't find a group by typing in a few letters.

I have close to 10M views and about 1000 groups I post to, you should try to make life easier not more difficult.

view photos

GAPHIKER says:

The new notification system is clunky and not very user friendly. For example I would love to see peoples comments to me after I comment on their pic. This seems simple but when I tried, it took me to that persons pic and told me that 50 people had commented since my comment. Nice to know but not helpful in the least. One thing I wish would happen and perhaps included in the tool set is the ability to monitor peoples comments and/or favs on my pics. Like, I click on that person and find out if they have commented and or faved any of my pics. Some people I comment and fave all their work only to get the occasional fav. It gets a bit frustrating when people take advantage of a flickr friendship.

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Mary Warren 17.4+ Million Views:
Jeffrey Balfus (thx for 9 Million views):

Hi Mary and Jeffrey - In making improvements for the new notifications center, we were no longer able to support the page numbers at the bottom of the Recent Activity page and eventually, this page will be removed.

We invite you to try out the notifications center and settings and if you have feedback to help us improve it, please share it with us here.

view photos

rixpix6 says:

cabb88:

I tried the new notifications and it isn't working right. I'm missing lots of activity (faves, comments and even an Explored photo). My last four photos show no activity even though they have 200 faves. One showed up a little while ago. it was posted several days ago. An hour ago was the first time it showed up with any activity. I have to open the photo on the photostream and click on who faved it to see who they are. It isn't in notifications or the recent activity feed. In notifications why do you keep them for all time. I'm not going to go back months or even weeks to look at who sent messages or comments. Maybe a week or so at the most. The comments under the photos is a different story. I'd keep those. I don't know how many people commented and faved photos I posted months ago. I've found many that I didn't respond to. You need more pay for Pro options. Many people don't need tax receipts or make money off their photos. You need more options for them. Thanks.

view photos

Kris Davies (megara_rp) says:

Can you bring back the number of photos a member has added to a group, this seems to be missing from the new groups interface. I always like to know how many i've added.

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

rixpix6:

Thanks for flagging this missing activity. We've shared this information with our engineering team so that they can take a closer look. We'll reach out to you once we have more information.

view photos

ProfMarkRoberts says:

It would be great if we could make entire albums public or private (instead of just individual photos). Password protecting an individual album (so we could give the password to just a specific person or persons who need to see it) would also be nice.
Posted 1 week ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Bill Amidon says:

I'd love to see a page where photo thumbnails are displayed with the latest ten interactions listed below in chronological order. The entire page should be in chronological order allowing for a quick overview of all comments, faves, and group invitations with a link to a separate page where we can check responses to our comments, which would enable quick and easy communication between myself and other photographers. Oh, wait... You already have that!!
Bill Amidon edited this topic 1 week ago.

view photos

conall.. says:

ProfMarkRoberts:

you can do that. if all the photos in an album are private then the album is private and you can share it with others via a single guest pass URL for the whole album. I do this frequently for family photos

view photos

rockwolf says:

Bill Amidon:

Just what I was going to suggest!!!
Posted 10 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

rixpix6 says:

cabb88:

If I get a fave from someone that has 10,000 photos and no albums I can't navigate to the middle of the photostream. I have to keep loading a new page every four pages. I've already seen and faved them. I don't want to go thru the same pages again especially if it's 20 pages deep. I gave up. It takes too long and I don't fave any of his photos anymore. It'd take 30 minutes on his photostream seeing the same pics again.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

rixpix6 says:

cabb88:

Thanks. I like the way the notification dropdown "should work" with a timeline of activity instead of photo by photo. This way if for example Joe faved five photos I could respond to his five faves, then move on to the next person. It'd help if I could mute this person's activity including faves once I've completed the task. Now I can only mute comments. It'd also help if it stayed muted. I think when I leave the activity page the notifications are being unmuted. I'd rather delete muted activity after a certain time (two weeks -one month). I'd rather delete them after a week. It could be optional I suppose. Once I return the fave there's no reason to go back to it. Good luck fixing it. It's still a mess.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Oculus Dei says:

Two ideas:

1. Add a privacy setting so that one of them is "Flickr members" only.
2. With #1 in place, then create a way to share a particular Album -- and ONLY that Album -- with non-Flicker members.

I recently had family visit and I took some photos I want to share with them. They are NOT Flickr members. As a "photo-sharing" site, I naturally thought of Flickr. Well, it seems that I can't do what I want to do -- I can't share ONLY those photos with them without them having access to all my other photos.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

ernstkers says:

Oculus Dei:

create a way to share a particular Album -- and ONLY that Album -- with non-Flicker members.

That feature exists. It's called guest pass.
help.flickr.com/en_us/create-or-delete-temporary-guest-pa...

Oculus Dei:
I can't share ONLY those photos with them without them having access to all my other photos.

You have 191 public photos that can be seen by everybody with an internet connection. People not a member of Flickr cannot see any other photos as your public photos and photos they are allowed to see with a guest pass you sent them.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

FotoFling Scotland says:

Improve Group Submission Efficiency

Where the settings of a Group are set so as to require the Administrator to approve submissions it would be useful to have a facility allowing certain members of the Group to be pro-approved and allow their submissions to be capable of immediate posting. Facebook has this facility which is useful when dealing with a few members who you know to be quality posters
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Jackie & Dennis says:

One of my contacts has posted photos I would rather not see in my feed of contacts photos. Please make a way of hiding selected photos from the feed so you don't see them again. I don't want to remove the person as a contact.
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

MagyarSteve says:

cabb88:

Hi.

I have an idea for Groups, that I think would improve user's experience. When you go to the home page of each Group, it will tell you who the top 10 contributors are, but what it won't tell you is how many photos you personally have in the Group.

Having this functionality will help users to understand how their contribution compares to others, which is particularly useful in Groups that are heavily curated, or have a large pool / number of members.

Please drop me a line if you wish to discuss further.

Many Thanks

Steve
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

SeanTrek says:

Make it possible to view photos shared via a guest pass on the map. Right now when I share photos that are not public via a guest pass, the recipient does not see the map, even with geo-privacy set to 'everyone'. They can see the location in the exif tags but the map does not appear on the page along with the photo.
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Rasande Tyskar says:

Please employ photographers!
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Hey, folks. If you left a comment here recently about the Recent Activity page, please check your email. You should have correspondence from our Support team acknowledging your feedback and you can continue sharing feedback directly with our team through that correspondence. Thank you.
Posted 2 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

conall.. says:

cabb88:

thanks for making that clear- i was slightly shocked to see those comments disappear but do understand.

i do think we reall need a communal forum for this that is [official thread] so we know staff are seeing where comment/discussion on the notification changes/improvements can happen as they come along over next 12 weeks.

this is a big change and it is important to bring the Flickr community along with it. Make it clear than non-constructive posts will be deleted.

view photos

my.travels says:

Rasande Tyskar:

I agree

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

conall..:

Thanks for your understanding. We know that this is a big change and will take some time to adjust to. We will definitely keep everyone updated as we make more improvements.

The best place to share feedback directly with staff and to ensure that we see and respond to everyone, is by contacting our Support Heroes team: help.flickr.com/contact

view photos

RandyKingTut says:

New notifications sez someone commented on multiple photos. You have to go to each photo separately to see the comments. Old notifications was better. You could see all the comments as a list and scroll down through them without the multiple steps of viewing each photo then scrolling down to the bottom of the comments to see the latest comment.

Keep up the good work!

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

RandyKingTut:

This is something we are aware of and looking into. In the future, you can always flag these issues to our support team directly at help.flickr.com/contact.

view photos

BCasArtist says:

Be able to share your personal gallery with others, be able to search/explore them as well

view photos

conall.. says:

BCasArtist:

you need to be more specific. i feel that is exactly what i am doing on Flickr! in what way can you not do that?

view photos

Walt Polley says:

ignore - no longer an issue
Walt Polley edited this topic 2 days ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Walt Polley:

Hey, Walt. Are you attempting to replace the photo from your photo page? The option should still work as outlined in the help article you referenced. If it's not working, please contact our Support Heroes team and we'll help out: help.flickr.com/contact

Edit: Glad to hear it's working now! :)

view photos

Elisa1880 says:

In the new notifications center you can not see separate comments if one person commented on several pictures. In the old recent activity center, you could read all comments immediately, now you have to click on every single picture before seeing the comments. Can you change this? And can you give us the old recent activity page back??? This is incredible. I cannot use that page anymore, because the mute-fuction is disabled. So, I have to use the new activity center, but at least add there the functions of the old one!

view photos

TrojanHorseNY2 says:

cabb88:

With "Recent Activity" it was easy to save an image directly to a folder on my Android phone.

As of today, that does not seem possible.

When I attempt to "share," a photo on my Android phone, a long list of potential destinations is presented. Neither Google Photos nor any folder on my phone is among the possible destinations.

Is this an intentional plan to make image-saving difficult?
Posted 31 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

TrojanHorseNY2 says:

By "today," I am referring to the new Notification Center.
Posted 31 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

MONUDET says:

Ad Flickr Map
Mám hodně fotek z hlavního města České republiky. Snažím se je lokalizovat v mapě. Nechápu, proč musím do vyhledávání psát "Prague". Když správně je "Praha".
Posted 27 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

MONUDET says:

Zřejmě akceptujete jen anglicky psané komentáře od PRO platících uživatelů. Jsem za Vaši stabilitu velmi vděčný!
Posted 27 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

MONUDET says:

Rád bych podpořil rozumné komentáře i v jiných větvích diskusí. Podle mého není dobré tak činit opakováním toho, co již bylo řečeno. Vede to nepřehlednosti. Prosím, abych mohl přidávat dřívějším komentářům "+" = plus, a tím je podpořit, nebo "-" = minus, a tím případně vyjádřit názor, že nejde o tak důležitou námitku apod.
Posted 26 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Nata Luna says:

shishir.desai:

these have always been an option and still are
Posted 4 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Nata Luna says:

find a way to prioritize real people over spammer companies. most companies can afford a $50 pro membership but a lot of real people can't or don't want to.

figure out how to get back all the doll hobby people that you lost in the past few years. we are real photographers too... and so are all our friends who left for instagram.
Posted 4 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 next →
(1001 to 1057 of 1057 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads