Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 35 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

Photo count incorrect
Latest: 84 minutes ago
Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload
Latest: 2 hours ago
Description link?
[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load
[Resolved] Frozen Views Count
Latest: 4 hours ago
Password works on iOS but not on PC?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Android App: Random Logouts
Latest: 12 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 12 hours ago
No photos in my account
Latest: 14 hours ago
Uploading to Albums
Latest: 20 hours ago
Flickr not allowing me to continue to use Paypal (which is linked to a credit card).
Latest: 25 hours ago
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

If you have an idea that can help us improve how Flickr works, share it with us here. If you can, please provide details about how this idea would improve the experience for you and other Flickr members.

I’ll be monitoring this thread and sharing your feedback with the rest of the team. Please be respectful of everyone’s ideas and keep our forum guidelines in mind when posting.

Thank you!
Posted at 8:21AM, 15 June 2020 PDT ( permalink | reply )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 10 months ago.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next →
(801 to 830 of 830 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
view photos

mcnod says:

Ger Bosma:

The thing I take from the thread is that flickr thought that a 3rd party would develop api routine or program that would collect and present the data. This never happened AFAIK. Perhaps flickr will someday revisit what long term stats they can provide. I doubt the data will go back beyond the move to the present day servers.
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Ian Press Photography says:

I tend to go back to auto-uploaded pictures a bit behind times. An easy way to change the taken or uploaded date would be good.
Either a way to change the uploaded date on each picture in a batch in a controlled manner, or a tick box to change the date and time to the now on each picture. I know there is (was?) a way to change the taken date like that

view photos

mag3737 says:

Ian Press Photography:

I tend to go back to auto-uploaded pictures a bit behind times. An easy way to change the taken or uploaded date would be good.
Either a way to change the uploaded date on each picture in a batch in a controlled manner, or a tick box to change the date and time to the now on each picture. I know there is (was?) a way to change the taken date like that

You can change dates in batches using the Organizr (You > Organize from the main menu on any page). Note: not on mobile.

view photos

spelio says:

cabb88:

My ISP has offered me a free "super boost" until august. not sure if it is worth it sometimes as the Amazon servers seem very slow at delivering my Flickr search results. I get 250Mbps on my NBN to the PC...

The scrolling of my images is very good at times, ESPECIALLY if I am near my router or connected by Ethernet cable.

Is there a way to actually just test the speed of Flickr, rather than Ookla just giving results from my street, which slow when the neighbours come home from work.

there used to be this... www.flickr.com/help/test/

which looks inactive now.

could you provide speed tests to these for Pro Members?

There was no blue Reply button on my iPad, using Safari or Chrome, at the top of this Discussion, and I had to go to and fro from another Hot topic using Chrome on my PC to get the Reply button to APPEAR.. here now.. 11:55am EST 27/03/21

Also, the get Feed link www.flickr.com/services/feeds/forums.gne?format=rss_200&a...
is all unformatted Garbage...
spelio edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Wil C. Fry:

Hey, Wil. Sorry for the false flag. The bot can make mistakes and we do welcome you to correct it in those cases. More details here in case you have not seen this post yet.

view photos

spelio says:

Now the Blue Reply button has gone again from the Head of this thread all the way to here!

I only see the permalink....

Edit.........
Now it has returned after I posted this!

view photos

spelio says:

I had wanted to reply and add a Tick to this...

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157714720744427/7215771...

Where there is NO Reply button NOW!!!!

As someone else said here, It would be great to add a Like or Unlike, as Youtube does, to Comments on any photo, and any Comment here on the Forum!

They should be counted too, as on YT !!

view photos

Kaometet says:

Remove the amount of followers/following.
Less healthy and uncorrupt but still much better than it is now: give people the choice if they want to show the amounts, of both followers/following and favorites.

view photos

Richard D. Price says:

Fix multi-word tags. Sometimes double-quotes works, sometimes it doesn't.
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

spelio says:

Richard D. Price:

Fix multi-word tags

I would Tick this Comment If I could.. Like they do on Youtube!

view photos

EdFhvn says:

I know Flickr has been around for awhile (so have I for that matter) but I just recently got into it as a way to share images of an ongoing documented EPA remediation project with several different agencies. Two of the companies involved are civilian, but others like the EPA and the Corps of Engineers are using government laptops that restrict access to private web pages, so posting on Google Drive or my own website made them inaccessible. After working my way through the process and I began uploading images (I do so at the end of every day), I noticed the newer photos were being added to the bottom the album, as opposed to going to the top of the queue. I changed the sort order so the newest came to the top and assumed, incorrectly, I discovered, that would get saved as the new default. It did not, and I can't find anywhere in the system to make that change permanent. As the number of images grows, it becomes more tedious to scroll to the bottom to see the new ones. There will be (literally) thousands of images before this project ends and I'd really like to find a way to automatically add new photos to the top rather than having to go into organize every time and change the order manually. OFF TOPIC to a degree.... I'm also shooting video of this project using drones and a RED digital Komono 6K camera, but Flickr restricts my uploads to 1GB. Essentially, that's 30 seconds worth of video from the RED an 45 seconds from the drones. I have to post the videos on my web site or YouTube, neither of which the guys on fed laptops can access. Any suggestions? Thanks.

view photos

Viejito says:

Richard D. Price:

Sometimes double-quotes works, sometimes it doesn't.
Make sure you do not use an editor which helpfully changes " " into “ ” because it looks better. Those rounded quotation marks do not work for keeping tags together. Only the straight ones work.

EdFhvn:
To summarize: you want chosen album order to stick and videos of more than 1GB to be allowed.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Sometimes I wish I could see more than 20 of someone's "most faved" or "most interesting" or whatever. It happens on those times when I go to their About page and the top 20 and maybe their Showcase (if they've made one) are SO GOOD I want more, but then I go to their Photostream and it turns out they are ... well ... let's just say too active. Who has time for that? (Says the guy with 49000 photos in his stream.) So I want more, but I don't want THAT many more. So maybe I want the top 50 instead of the top 20. Or even the top 100. Or whatever.

view photos

POsrUs says:

I would like to be able to search for a particular word or phrase in a set from Organize.

I've been seeing this same, tired message below for years!

"Darn! Flickr isn't smart enough to search within a set (yet!)."

The ("yet!) might lead one to believe that the smart folks at Flickr would actually provide this. DARN!

view photos

Tranquiligold says:

I'd like to see the search using facial recognition algorithms to return photos with certain person, at least for my own phots. I found myself often want to find photos with one of my kids from my vast family albums. User should be able to train the AI search with few photos of the same person and the AI search should do the rest. Google Photo has this feature and I use it a lot.

view photos

Traveller_40 says:

I am on another local social network , with many similar problems with dead groups. Groups used to be displayed sorted by number of members as default.

A recent most welcome change, groups are displayed by activity b default. Groups with no admin for long time, for what ever reason, group members were invited to to take over Administration. If none come forward within approx 2 weeks, groups were closed. This solved many problems to find more active groups.

If possible implement a similar solution.

Also as mentioned already many times, pictures in album, default should be newest on top

view photos

davidben33 says:

As per me, the most consuming photographer's time on Flickr is sending albums onto multiple groups. So if a list of groups could be comprised feature to select needed of them, then Flickr can be made this multiple operations when it will be convenient say for a period of less traffic.

На мой взгляд, больше всего времени фотографа на Flickr тратит на отправку альбомов в несколько групп. Таким образом, если список групп может содержать функцию выбора необходимых из них, то Flickr может выполнять эти несколько операций, когда это будет удобно, скажем, для периода меньшего трафика.
Posted 1 week ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Kris Davies (megara_rp) says:

I'd like a camera breakdown in Stats, it would be interesting to see how many photos I've done in total using various cameras over the years.
Posted 9 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Phil Cardamone says:

cabb88:

The problem with the Pixsy perk is that Pixsy is monitoring all the images on a Flickr Pro account including those that do not need to be monitored. These are private, often family images. Consequently, these images that are not commercially available stock photo images eat up the limited number of images monitored on Flickr.

Pixsy wants us to individually mark the images we don't want monitored one by one ("Ignore" setting). In my case, that's thousands of personal images.

Please note these issues to address in the Pixsy/Flickr collaboration:

1. Privacy. Flickr claims that members can determine who can see their photos. Pixsy customers don't want to have their family photos and other private, unpublished images monitored needlessly. The reason to use a service like Pixsy is to monitor infringements. We should not have our privacy violated. That's what happens when images are available to a third party.

2. Inconvenience. In my case, there are approximately 2,500 images that I want to exclude and growing. I started to mark the images one by one and then realized the extent of the task.

3. Flickr perk ruined. Since the number monitored is limited, this perk for Flickr is considerably cheapened. These excess images on Pixsy only clog up the works and override the images that we actually want to monitor. Pixsy can't identify the the images a Flickr Pro member wants to be monitored under the quota.

My commercial images are in an Album, but Pixsy says it can't focus on just one album.

Flickr and Pixsy need to fix this problem. I'm sure there is a fix. I think a specific album would work.
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

_ghosty_ says:

It is strange there seem to be no way to subscribe to a gallery. Is it possible to add such feature?
Posted 8 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

_ghosty_:

It is strange there seem to be no way to subscribe to a gallery. Is it possible to add such feature?

It might not be an RSS/Atom kind of news feed you are seeking, but surprisingly that ain't available either for galleries as far as I can see. Pretty much everything on Flickr can be followed via an RSS/Atom news feed, except a gallery.
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Phil Cardamone:

Hey, Phil. Thanks for this feedback. Pixsy does have the option to limit the monitoring to only public photos that you've uploaded to Flickr. I know that this isn't as granular as selecting a specific album, but we wanted to make sure that you are aware of that option.
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Kaometet says:

I would like the option of not showing numbers.
To put the emphasis where it should be : the image.

Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

OzGFK says:

Hi there, this has been mentioned before, but can you please advise if you will be allowing us to permanently set the sorting option on albums, such that I don't have to manually arrange the album after each time I upload a photo.

Can you please advise if this is going to be addressed?
Posted 4 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Tomas Olander says:

I'd love to be able to mark albums as "hidden".

My use case is an album which I upload chiefly for me and my friends (e.g. "Road trip to so and so 2015") with lots of photos and so they all have non-public visibility, but a few of the photos from the album are ones I'd like to share with the wider community. It looks more than a little fugly to have that one public photo suddenly "expose" the album.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Jeffrey Balfus (thx for 8 Million views) says:

Issue related to iPad:
It's difficult to post a group because there is no sorting. Each post has to go thru every group. It would be great to sort alphabetically to limit the number of groups to sort thru.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

atomic.infinity says:

Issue related to older groups where the admin is no longer taking part :

There are some very useful groups that have a large following and regularly used for great pics, but they are also spammed on a massive scale by psuedo-bloggers with unrelated images, for the sole reason that the group has open posting setup. They just want clicks and likes and follows to massage their ego. This ruins what used to be great groups.

Please Flickr if the admin has not been online for 10 years can a new admin be appointed?? the levels of spam makes it a farce.
Posted 2 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mcnod says:

atomic.infinity:

Please Flickr if the admin has not been online for 10 years can a new admin be appointed?? the levels of spam makes it a farce.

This has been discussed often here in the help forum. Yes there is already a path for you to follow if you wish to assume the leadership of a group. flickr does not get involved in any group over this until someone voices their willingness to take charge of an abandoned group, if you want to get involved, you can do so by contacting the help heroes here:
help.flickr.com/contact

If you do not want to get involved, best to just quit the group in question.

view photos

simonov says:

spelio:

It would be great to add a Like or Unlike, as Youtube does, to Comments on any photo,

The purpose of those like buttons for YouTube, Twatter and Failbook is to assist algorithms in elevating popular or trending content in searches and other presentation formats. There's really nothing like that in Flickr (thank God), and so no need for like buttons.

view photos

edgar.photography says:

Comes to mind 3 things at the moment

[Android]
1. auto-upload option to be possible to select which Folder(s) we want to upload and not ALL media files from phone
2. From Flickr APP to be possible to share someone account. I can't send someone's account to a friend via app, there is no option. Only sharing photo is possible, if the owner did not block it

[Chromecast]
Since google removed Flickr from option on their ambient screens, this would be a good moment for Flickr create an app for chromecast where Flickr could be the ambient for the users, as it was working for google before.
choosing which albuns or accounts to show, with some info on the screen (name of photo/album/photographer + maybe outside weather).
Posted 35 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next →
(801 to 830 of 830 replies in [Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads