Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 1 week ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 6 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 11 months ago

Current Discussion

[Resolved] Explore temporarily down
Latest: 14 minutes ago
Admin Scripts
Latest: 43 minutes ago
Problem uploading to new second account
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Investigating] No groups appear!!!
Latest: 3 hours ago
[BUG]: Blocked person wrote to me using comment
Latest: 3 hours ago
Geotagging incorrect
Latest: 5 hours ago
Share Photo Broken?
Tags not indexing
Filter search by most recent in mobile app?
Latest: 6 hours ago
Are Collections readily visible to visitors?
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Investigating] Is Flickr Photo broken?
Latest: 8 hours ago
Selective blur
Latest: 24 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Resolved] Auto Upload Album Disappeared

Bruce Adler says:

Has this happened to anyone else?
It's (or was) a nice feature, that would back up your photos from your phone
Posted at 12:45PM, 10 January 2021 PDT ( permalink )
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Paul McClure DC says:

It's become completely unstable for me. Both on the web site and my iPhone app, the Auto Upload folder is disappearing and reappearing, seemingly randomly.

The URL for the folder always works, but during the period folder isn't displaying in the list on the web or the app, the items in the folder don't display that they're in the folder either.

When the folder comes back, these items display again that they're in it.

This has been happening on an off for about 2 days, for me.
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Looks like there was a caching issue here. I've made an adjustment which should have your albums appearing as intended.

If you continue to run into trouble, contact us directly directly so we can take another look.
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Bruce Adler says:

katie_ko:

Thank you!!

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Looks like we've been getting some additional reports of Auto Upload albums missing from album listes.

Although it had previously seemed like a caching issue preventing the album from appearing, it's now clear there's something deeper going on.

At this time I've looped in our engineers to take a closer look & will report back with updates as I receive them

Thanks for your patience!

view photos

az3 says:

I have noticed the same issue. You can add my account to the list of accounts affected. As stated by the original poster, this happened once before and then seemed to be fixed but it is happening again.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

RobReb says:

Just noticed it yesterday, February 8, 2021. Please add my account to the list for fixing

view photos

blueathena7 says:

I have had this issue too! All my photos are showing up in camera roll, which is fine, except I used the Auto Upload Album to regular go through and delete useless images and assign other images to existing albums then remove them from Auto Upload Album. Can’t do that with the Camera Roll because if you remove them there you completely delete them. I used Auto Upload Album to catch all until I could sort them.

It is missing and has been since sometime in January. I’ve not seen it appear and reappear. I use the Flickr app to upload the images to my account. I’d really like to see it return. I don’t want to have to figure out a way to organize these on my computer.

view photos

simon.turesson says:

katie_ko:

I have the same problem, and all my iphone photos are uploading again, but the autoupload folder is missing.

view photos

Remko van Dokkum says:

For no reason my Auto-Upload album is back :) Problem solved.

Posted this earlier (30 min ago) when the problem still existed:
Same for me. Auto-Upload album is not listed. Photo's are being auto uploaded from my phone using the flickr app. using all the latest versions of app and iOS.
app version 4.16.2 (21.204.1449)
iOS version 14.4 (18D52)

Is there a temporary fix to this problem?
Will uninstalling and re-installing the app help?

I did move to a new phone recently.
Remko van Dokkum edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

Traveloscopy says:

katie_ko:

Yep, this is happening for me too

view photos

Paul McClure DC says:

The problem continues, with Auto Upload disappearing and reappearing a few times almost every day, in my case.

view photos

D.Siva Kumar. says:

Hi, I have the same issue.

My Auto Upload album disappeared

view photos

stacy5z says:

Please add my account to the list for correction. This has been occurring for awhile now.

view photos

alemjusic says:

This is happening for me too! Thank you!

view photos

Kapone3000 says:

Bruce Adler:

Same here.
Really becoming a nuisance.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

urikleiman says:

Same happens to me

view photos

angelav. says:

me too

view photos

Lizet y Mauricio says:

I have the same issue. I love the auto upload album feature, and for some reason the album disappeared for me a couple of months ago... can you help me fix it?

view photos

Paul McClure DC says:

The problem persists. It's been over 2 months for me, maybe longer for others.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with Auto Uploadr on my iPhone app. After that runs and uploads new photos from my phone, the Auto Upload album usually reappears, on the iPhone app and the web site. Till it disappears again.

I can't say that that's the sole explanation, but there seems to be a correlation.

Getting it fixed would be nice, given how long this problem has gone on.

view photos

Jack Ledgerwood says:

This problem has just appeared on my android based phone for the first time. The auto-uploader worked just fine but I then went to the web to reference the auto-uploaded items and I can not find the album in either the android app or through the web. The auto-uploaded files do exist in the Photostream or Camera Roll, but this isn't really an acceptable solution for the long term.

So after taking another pic on my phone, it was auto-uploaded to Flickr and the album reappeared on both the Web and the App.
Jack Ledgerwood edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Thanks for the additional reports as our engineers continue to identity the underlying issue here.

As some have already confirmed, it seems the the Auto-Upload album tends to re-appear once new content is uploaded to it.

It would be helpful to know if this is the same experience for everyone reporting here.

We'll keep an eye in here for additional details & will report back with updates from our end.

view photos

Cayendi says:

katie_ko:

Not for me... I upload photos almost every day as part of a project, but some days the album is there, and others (like now) the album has disappeared.

view photos

lynchiepoo says:

Add me to the list of users for whom the auto upload album has disappeared. I hope the engineers at Flickr can fix this soon!

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Cayendi:

lynchiepoo:

Thanks for flagging. I have added your case to the bug report we have with our engineers.

view photos

Mork Clare says:

it's disappeared for me aswell
was there a few days ago

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Mork Clare:

Thanks for letting us know! I have added you to the existing bug report we have with our engineers.

view photos

RobReb says:

Mine disappeared too. This is the second time. Is there anything I can do on my side not to have this happen again?

view photos

FotoFling Scotland says:

My Auto Upload Album has also disappeared too.

view photos

shotglass500 says:

Mine has been gone for awhile, wish I could get it back.

view photos

RobReb says:

When will I get my auto upload album back? This is very frustrating.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

I have added you to the existing bug report as well. We will follow-up with any updates.

view photos

dishfunctional says:

I just went looking for my Auto Upload album and it is not there. The photos are in my stream. The folder is also not showing up in the organizer.

I don't know if it reappears or not.

view photos

dishfunctional says:

dishfunctional:

It just showed up when I started deleting items in the organizer.

view photos

JohnnyClarkee says:

Hi, my Auto Upload album disappeared a couple of days ago. Images are still appearing in the Camera Roll.

20 minutes later: Auto Upload album reappeared after deleting a recently uploaded photograph via the Camera Roll...
JohnnyClarkee edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Just wanted to drop in with an update here.

We've implemented a fix moving forward that should prevent your AutoUploads from not appearing in your album lists!

That being said, there are likely AutoUpload albums "stuck" in this previous state from before the fix.

While in time, thee albums will self-fix as new uploads are initiated -- if your AutoUpload album does not appear as new items are uploaded, please send us a message directly so we can relay the details to our engineers.

help.flickr.com/contact

We'll keep this thread open for a bit to monitor for additional reports.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Nice to see the fix here seems to have been successful!

Closing this thread as resolved, but if anyone continues to experience a disappearing AutoUploadr album, feel free to start a new thread or let staff know directly:

help.flickr.com/contact

Thanks!
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads