Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 5 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 2 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 10 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 16 months ago

Current Discussion

Limitations of new Notifications page
Latest: 89 minutes ago
[Investigating] No pictures photostrip or else!
Latest: 2 hours ago
what is the point of collections?
Latest: 4 hours ago
CHANGE of COVER PHOTO
Latest: 8 hours ago
Group admins passed away
Latest: 8 hours ago
new activity thread
Latest: 9 hours ago
Uploading Photos
Latest: 10 hours ago
Latest: 15 hours ago
Flickr uploader hangs
Latest: 21 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff][Old Bug] FlickRiver Badges not visible in Pool About pages [(BETA or No Beta view)]
Latest: 25 hours ago
Flickr marked as spam.
Latest: 26 hours ago
[Resolved] Slow, Bad Pandas, Uploading time out
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Updated August 19 with Archiving Old Content] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

================

9/16/21: Summary of latest reply. If you have further questions or feedback about using the Notifications Center, please write to our Support team. The Recent Activity page will be sunset on December 15, 2021. Our latest reply also lists upcoming improvements that we'll be implementing based on your feedback and additional community feedback that we're taking into consideration.

================

This thread is a continuation of our original post here.

================

Today we’ve begun rolling out the new Flickr Notifications Center and Notifications Settings pages, which will simplify how you engage with other members of the community. We have included an FAQ in our Help Center, but we also wanted to share information and get your feedback here.

We’re expanding the current notifications from the bell icon at the top of Flickr and introducing a new tab for groups you admin. We’re also introducing a new Notifications Center page so you can see your notifications with more screen real estate.

The Notifications Center
The Notifications Center represents the first step to rebuilding the Recent Activity page to function more like modern notification centers. As such, there are a couple of significant changes in the way we’re presenting data in the new design that you’ll experience. To access the Notifications Center, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr, and at the bottom of the dropdown, you’ll see the link that used to read “View Recent Activity” now reads “View all notifications.” When you click that, you’ll be taken to the new Notifications Center.

Notifications Settings Page
The new Notifications Settings page, allows you to turn on or mute notifications by type.This page gives you complete control over your in-site notifications as well as email notifications to decide what you’re notified about, how you’re notified, and even how often. To access the Notifications Settings page, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr and you’ll notice a new gear icon that will take you to the Notifications Settings page.

You can now control the following web and email notifications:

Web Notifications
- Comments on your photos
- Comments on photos you’ve commented on
- Faves
- Followers
- Galleries
- Groups (you can manage notifications for each of your groups from here)
- Group invitations
- Messages (FlickrMail)
- Notes
- Tags
- Testimonials

Emails we send you
- Activity on you or your photos (Off/Immediately/Once per day/Once per week)
- Group Invitations
- Messages (FlickrMail)
- New followers
- Recent uploads from people you follow (Off/Immediately/Once per day/Once per week)

Group Admins
For groups, we’ve added new notification types to let you know when admins update the group admin blast, as well as group description and rules. Additionally, group admins will now see notifications for the groups they admin as a separate tab so they can easily sort out the priority updates for their groups from personal notifications and from groups they don’t admin.

Please explore these new features and share your thoughts with us here.

* How are you planning on using the new features and how will they be beneficial to you and your activity on Flickr?
* Are you finding everything easy to use or do you have suggestions for improvements?
* As you start using the new Notifications Center, we'd love to hear how it keeps you in the loop with the people you follow and the groups that you're part of. Or, is there activity you feel like you're still missing?

We'll be slowly rolling out the feature to a small percentage of the community, then ramping up throughout the week as we monitor and feel good about the progress.

We really appreciate your time and feedback!

Thanks,

===============

Edits:

March 2, 2021: Staff response to feedback about the option to turn on or off notifications for all groups at once and additional follow-ups.

===============
March 3, 2021:

New ‘Options’ in your Groups page
As we are rolling out the new Notifications, you’ll also see updates to your Groups list page, where all of your groups are displayed. We’ve changed the name of “Faved Groups” to “Pinned Groups” to avoid conflating with the action of faveing photos/videos. Pinning a group will keep that group at the top of your list. There’s also a new column called Options, which lets you manage group notifications, show or hide groups from your activity feed, and more. If you desire, you can use the Options column on the Groups list page to mute/unmute each of your groups.

Group Discussion Notifications
Now, all group members will receive notifications for new group discussions. These notifications were previously only available to group admins and moderators. We hope this keeps you in the loop on more group discussions!

===============
March 11, 2021: Staff response to feedback about group notifications, mention notifications, pinned groups, and new ways to mute all notifications from a group.

===============
March 31, 2021: Staff update on managing comments and persististing notification filters in Notifications.

===============
April 15, 2021: Staff update on the increased size of the Notifications Center page.

===============
August 19, 2021: Notifications updates with archiving old content + changes to the Recent Activity page.
Posted at 2:49PM, 26 February 2021 PDT ( permalink )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 8 days ago.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(1 to 100 of 624 replies in [Updated August 19 with Archiving Old Content] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings)
view photos

*Millie says:

Thanks so much for this magnificent update to the notifications. Well done!
Posted 7 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

lynnespo181 says:

Right now I get notifications about any activity on my photostream, any responses to my comment on someone else's stream and any flickr messages.
With this new system, I'll get notices on every comment to every photo I've commented on.
Some people get literally a hundred comments, many of which could be group stickies.
But the option only allows you turn off all notices of all comments.
Would that include responses to my comment on other people's photos.They're the only ones I'm interested in.

view photos

William Yipp says:

I like the new look and added functions. Nice improvements. Thank you.

view photos

Lyutik966 says:

I like everything! Thank you very much!

view photos

available partner says:

I too really like the new notification changes, well done!

view photos

Flickr Staff

adstads says:

lynnespo181:

With this new system, I'll get notices on every comment to every photo I've commented on.
Some people get literally a hundred comments, many of which could be group stickies.
But the option only allows you turn off all notices of all comments.
Would that include responses to my comment on other people's photos.They're the only ones I'm interested in.

Based on member feedback, the team made some updates today that should address exactly what you're describing.

The setting to receive notifications when others comment on a photo you commented on is now off by default, but you'll still receive a notification if someone replies to your comment or mentions you directly.

You can control all the settings for individual notifications here: www.flickr.com/account/email

view photos

kenz1e & prinseska says:

Could you have manged to make things any more annoying with this ? If you could have, please do not show us. You added new notifications to groups and made them all default to ON, without offering an option to turn them ALL off, so instead, I have to sit here and manually go through 700+ groups to turn off notifications that I do not want nor need to get, all while doing it on a microscopic popup window that is smaller than a flip phone screen while sitting at my PC with a huge amount of screen space squinting to see the tiny off button. Highly do not recommend.

view photos

lynnespo181 says:

adstads:

Ok, thank you.

view photos

ᗩnne♡j ♥ ~poetic photography says:

Oh dear...
Only hope this works out for the better.
Seems okay so far :)
ᗩnne♡j ♥ ~poetic photography edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

Juan (LANSA301) says:

Works for me. I like it.
Update:
After some hours using the new feature, I have find very useful the new notifications for groups admins.
Other members ask if it is possible to get a notification when their image is approved from the waiting queue.
Thanks,
Juan (LANSA301) edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

Cicay says:

No, the new notification is not good!
This is to much information, that's not necessary!
The list ist to long!
Please turn to older version!

view photos

Slaaaaa Tenk - ST Poses says:

Terrible. I prefer the old version. I don't need to see the titles of my work that were fav'd. I also don't need to see admin blasts.

Any way to turn those off?

How about a choice to flip between the new and old version.
Slaaaaa Tenk - ST Poses edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

nlpnt says:

I like the old Recent Activity setup much better. Easier to tell what you said and what you said it on - especially when looking back years (to see if people you used to contact are still on Flickr!)

Especially so since it's among those parts of Flickr that still has paged browsing rather than infinite scrolling which is categorically worse to begin with, and Flickr still hasn't fixed the jumping-back issue in the "People" page.

view photos

IFHP97 says:

nlpnt:

good points.

view photos

seemein says:

Too much for me , my eyes are tired from reading . Thanks for the effort ,but doesn"t work for me

view photos

Curtis Joe Walker says:

I love it! It is great to see which groups are rejecting my photos and I am excited to finally see the group invitation filter addd to the notifications page. Awesome work!

view photos

Bo Dudas says:

Very good, I like it.
Gives options readily and easy to use.
non-obtrusive and crisp.!!!

view photos

Mel Mel (VeganButterfly) says:

I LOVE the new notifications! It's REALLY helpful to me, so thank you! ❤

view photos

epvazquez2006 says:

Very good !!!!!!!!!

view photos

Zenn Rocket says:

I dont really like that I am now getting notifications for every pic I comment on. Not sure how to adjust this but I will read up on it.

view photos

TheArtOfPhotographyByLouisRuth says:

Leticia Roncero:

OUTSTANDING UPDATE !!!

view photos

albertgunet says:

je trouve ça bien plus convivial , bonne journée à vous

view photos

Kin Flagon says:

Also prefer the old version--I can't even look up older notifactions anymore, which is what I used to keep up with some stuff!

view photos

Rouge_Lucifer says:

Good for people who have never seen a screen bigger than 10 "in their life. It looks terrible on my large monitors. It doesn't offer filtering like before. Poor. And you spoiled the old "recent activity". "Custom view" is no longer custom.
Rouge_Lucifer edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

georock2007 says:

This is terrible. When anyone updates some junk on a group I'm getting a notification. I belong to 300 groups. You make us manually turn off notifications for each group all 300! This is nuts. Do you even use the product that you're updating. not an improvement

view photos

Vertus O'Mory says:

Мне пока всё понравилось... Будем дальше смотреть, может что и вылезет ...

view photos

Bruce Allardice says:

Leticia Roncero:

Good job, team. May I suggest an addition to the Invite/History? ADD a Delete ALL box.

view photos

dbrothier says:

Hello Leticia Roncero:

I'm rather happy with this new system. However I noticed that the "unread" bell doesn't get resetted when I seen all new notifications. a bug ?

Cheers
Denis

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Zenn Rocket:

Can I kindly ask you to take a look at this post here.

Thanks!
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

johnstewartnz says:

Sorry, I much prefer the old style notifications. I raelly aren't interested in notifications in the many groups I am in, only interested in comments on my photos or replies to comments I have made on other images.

view photos

DJBuses says:

It seems okay, but I much preferred the older style. Furthermore, it takes too long to load notifications now. I often have to open the notifications panel, close it, and open it again to get them to load. I feel that this update wasn't properly tested, which is a shame.

view photos

Albert T. Harmsel says:

I would like to receive notifications when a photo is uploaded to a group that I joined. Please make that possible!

view photos

KvikneFoto says:

Too much information for me, but looks like other members like it..........::))

view photos

PURÊN MICHEL 49 says:

Francais svp

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

DJBuses:

Sorry to hear that your notifications are taking some time to load.

Shooting over an email now, as you shouldn't be experiencing this.

Thanks!

view photos

Chris_1951 says:

That notifications get a little more space is nice, but it is not a substitute for the recent activity page. There messages, comments are sorted by photo which I find very useful. I do hope that this page is there to stay.

view photos

The delicate sound of thunder. says:

It's nice to know you've been rejected...It certainly starts the day off with a bang...l don't like it.

view photos

Wendy: says:

It is not an improvement--I dont like it! The two settings as they were gave different information --please revert!

view photos

LennyWorthington says:

here we go again fixing something not broken. can I opt out ? I DONT WANT IT. THIS WIILL BE Reviewed WHEN YOU AGAIN BEG FOR MY RENEWAL

view photos

Coralile says:

its great i like it!

view photos

JAT-2018 says:

Why complicate things that are simple? Why fix things that are not broken?

view photos

jacklowry47 says:

The Manage link that comes after Groups leads to a pop-up box allowing you to turn on or turn off any notifications for each Groups you are member of.

Could the listing be put into A-to-Z order? It can be annoying when trying to find this one Group you're looking for, but you have to scroll through the whole mixed up list of thousand of Groups and you have no idea where it is.

For anyone who don't want individual settings, but wants all Groups to have the same settings, could there be a separate Main sliding switch that allows you to turn on or off ALL Groups?

If someone choose to turn on or off ALL Groups, could the system be designed to allow individual settings to override the main setting. For example: You turn OFF all the Groups, but go through your list and turn ON only a few Groups. Those few individual Groups will notify you, even if the main switch is set to OFF. (Same with few Groups won't notify you because their settings is turned off, even if main switch is set to on.)

And a Reset button. The idea is that you could switch the main button to on or off, but change few individual Groups, then if you changed your mind, press the RESET button, so all Groups will match the MAIN switch.

view photos

Parapan says:

Hi, not sure this was necessary. I do not wish to have notifications from all groups about admin blasts/changes to rules etc. But would like to know when a 'pending' status is changed and an image accepted or rejected. IF I cannot select which notifications from groups to receive, I will reluctantly have to turn them off. Unfortunately at the moment I would have to do that for each group individually. Can you have an option to turn them all off with one on/off slider.

view photos

Oni UwU says:

EPIC

view photos

victoria.dior says:

Мне не нравится это. Как я могу перейди к старой версии показа уведомлений?

view photos

BrunoD_ says:

Nice idea, thank you :)
Do you will improve the particular displays mosaics system in the binders?

view photos

Kostas Nt says:

Prefer the old one. I think it's unnecessary consumption of space and time.

view photos

nae2409 says:

The old style is okay for me, but don't mind for the change.

view photos

jeanpaulneveu says:

je trouve cela très bien c'est une excellente initiative !!!!!!!!!

view photos

fudinchin says:

Please add a select/deselect all button on the notification for Groups.

view photos

rc_muwahaha says:

If Notifications is to replace Recent Activity:
Is there a plan to be able to expand to show the new comments directly as Recent Activity does?
Rather than just the notification of a new comment as 'So-and-so commented on “Photo” which requires clicking on each photo to review new comments.

Recent activity was a very nice way to peruse new activity without having to click through individual photos.

view photos

rc_muwahaha says:

Is there a way to link directly to one of the filters of the Notifications page?
E.g. link directly to "Comments on your photos" or "Groups".

This would be helpful in bookmarking directly to such.
I also notice that on refresh of the page, it clears the filter.

view photos

salvador256 says:

Es una buena iniciativa este cambio me agrada aunque aun no lo
observe en profudidad ,si me gustaria que fuese mas facil para
los no dominantes en el idioma ingles , poder tener contacto en mi idioma
el español..tengo varias cosas en mi blog que no me satifacen . ofresco
mi correo por si algun miembro del grupo se quiera poner en contacto
conmigo .es salvador.delarubia@gmail.com
Gracias
Salvador de la Rubia Pedraza o salvador256

view photos

DeeBeeWriter says:

Leticia Roncero:

I agree with lynnespo181. Who on earth has got time for all this?!? If someone has commented on something that I happened to comment on weeks ago, why would I want a notification on that ?!? You can't switch off notifications selectively, you can only switch them all off. I'm not active at the moment but when I am I can get 100+ notifications a day (like many people), most of them relevant. I can handle that becuase I won't post a picture or comment on others unless I have some time. But several hundred a day? Come on. If the only options are notifications 'on' or 'off', it'll have to be 'off', just as a piece of pure pragmatism.

view photos

Ken Meegan says:

Leticia Roncero:

Sorry, I much prefer the old style notifications. I am not interested in notifications to the many groups to which I am a member, I am only interested in comments on my photos or replies to comments I have made on other images.I liked the way the old version brought me straight to the picture and I could reply to the comment.

view photos

Maggggie says:

Thanks for your efforts to improve. I really do not need to see comments on photos I've commented on. To me, this is unneeded. I am interested in comments on my photos and replies to my own comments, but not additional comments on others' photos. I am really pretty happy with how things were. In my opinion, things are not improved.

view photos

Ken Meegan says:

Leticia Roncero:

As I delve into it more I am finding there is way too much unnecessary information making the page too cluttered.
I don't need to see that "An admin approved 58 photos to a Group" I only need the info relating to my own pictures & comments.

view photos

Bas1953 says:

Too bad, even more nonsensical information .....

view photos

Polyrus says:

I hope we will be able to still access the old version which was far better and worked perfectly. Now so annoying.

view photos

Joey Harrison says:

I don't see any qualitative difference between the new Notifications Center and the old Recent Activity. Am I missing something?

view photos

ucumari photography says:

This is information overload. Of all the things to fix/change and this what you chose? Particularly don't like the ADVERTISEMENTS in what is called "Pro Perks". I pay for Pro to NOT have ads.

view photos

photo & life says:

Leticia Roncero:

Great !

view photos

MonFolio (chr. Bernard) says:

Et en FRANCAIS, çà donne quoi ?

view photos

tralala.loordes says:

Leticia Roncero:

Love the additional info but oddly when I look at notifications my faves number / comment number reverts to log in numbers and only reshows briefly when I refresh. Reverts every time I look at notifications.

view photos

Melanie Horizon says:

This update is horrible in pushing into peoples Faces if their submissions is rejected to a group or approved. There is no need for that when people submit to many groups to make them feel like they are not wanted!!!

view photos

Uncle Monkey UK says:

It's a bit on the large size. Any way of shrinking it down for those of us who need it to be smaller?

view photos

PaulO Classic. © says:

Melanie Horizon:

I agree with you - I have been blissfully unaware of my pictures being rejected until now!! If it is rejected I now want to know why!!

I have also discovered an admin who argued with me because I don't like Second Life pictures - he is now kicking out every picture I submit to the groups in which he is an administrator - very petty and highlighted by this new system!

(Apologies, I see that you only submit SL pictures!! I was not taking a dig at you, just making a point!😉)

view photos

tedesco57 says:

Leticia Roncero:

Like the new format of presenting feedback. Is it possible to have larger icons of the pictures?

view photos

carrettamarco89 says:

Good evening Leticia, thanks for this post.
Can I ask why there is no part in Italian? Now I am writing this post with a translator despite knowing a little English. Hopefully this change will not remain only in beta version. the notification center and web notifications. Until next time, and good luck.

view photos

Wiltshire Naturist says:

It's good to know when pics are approved or rejected for a group.

view photos

Paddu Rao says:

Leticia Roncero:

I like the old notification style. Please leave it as it is. I am enjoying Flickr activity. Thanks !

view photos

Alain COSTE says:

Leticia Roncero:

Bonjour,
Je ne comprends pas, ne parle pas, ne lis pas l'anglais. Pouvez-vous m'apporter une traduction pour que je puisse répondre à votre demande.
Je vous remercie par avance,

view photos

Bert CR says:

It's a great update with one exception - I can't seem to differentiate between seeing replies to comments I've made and other people's comments on an image. I'm certainly interested in being notified of the photographers response to any comment I make as it can lead to a more interactive dialogue but I simply can't keep up with all the notifications of comments other people make on a particular image. Getting a bit overwhelmed with notifications and the important ones are getting lost. Can you separate the two? Many thanks!
Bert CR edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

Haydn Blackey says:

I like to be able to go through every comment people have made on a photograph in order. In the past if one person commented on three different photos, I could click on each in turn open them in new tabs and deal with each when I have a time.

Now if someone comments on more than one photo, they get collected into one notification not individual making it harder to select each individual comment - is there a way to revert to the individual notifications not the grouped one.

view photos

ripcurl99 says:

Nice new features, is there any way of removing anything from the list?

view photos

neo_indra says:

All of my current notifications are old. I had several people comment to pictures yesterday and follow me yesterday, but all my notifications are like from days if not weeks ago.

view photos

anuwintschalek says:

In my Recent Activity, I can actually read the comments, and they're all there, one below another, with my photo.
In the Notification Center I only see a row of notices. Blank! And already, I'm away, lost for the new page and back to my beloved Recent Activity that has been my lifeline on Flickr through all these years, 12 and counting.

As I see it on my screen, it's practically a white, empty page - such a waste of space!
anuwintschalek edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

trevor.patt says:

kenz1e & prinseska:

offering

This is quite annoying.

view photos

J Wells S says:

The change is fine as long as you don't do away with "Recent Activity"

view photos

katlamsib says:

I think this new design has some weaknesses.

E.g.:

1. If i turn "Comments on photos you’ve commented on" notifications on i get a lot of unnecessary notification on the bell icon. If i turn these notifications off i don't see them on "View all notifications" page.
The previous design allowed me to view comments on commented photos on the "View Recent Activity" page but not on the bell icon.

2. The previous "View Recent Activity" page showed every single activity on the specific photo grouped by photos. The new design shows only the last person's reaction like "john doe and 123 others..." without any means to see who else had reacted. I must go back to that photo and check it manually.

view photos

digiflier2 says:

I like the new layout.

view photos

yeahbouyee says:

Thanks for the new feature, but, I think it's a little annoying - not to be a downer. I'd rather not see a notification on all the activities in the groups I belong to. Is there anyway I can filter the notifications so that I can onty see the ones I am interested in?

view photos

dbrothier says:

Leticia Roncero:

Hi Leticia

As mentioned by PURÊN MICHEL 49:

MonFolio (chr. Bernard):

Alain COSTE:

it would be fine if you could send a french version of this topic in the french help forum.

Thanks a lot,
Denis

view photos

Tarq Photography says:

No I like the old version as the new version does not give me detail information per photo like the old version did. You just get to see the last action on the photo. Am i missing a setting that would give me the detail per photo.

view photos

dex.photo says:

We need to be able to change the settings for all groups in one click. I had to disable notifications for each and every group separately...

view photos

Grégory Dolivet says:

Bonjour, cela parait être une bonne maj, surtout pour les adm de groupes !
enfin pour les mails "Flickr" c'est plutôt une bonne idée ! voilà mon bref ressenti… Bonne continuation

view photos

ljucsu says:

I like the new layout 😚

view photos

Blair O says:

So you gave me a "modern notification system." Those systems are a major reason I mostly do not install social media on my phone. (The exceptions being shutdown most of the time to not harass me with notifications.) I prefer notification systems that sit quietly until I have motivation to look for updates. Nothing on Flickr is important enough to me to rate interruptions for attention.

Reasonable options to shut notifications off. Could use more granularity in some areas like group messaging. Especially could use more control in groups since by default every one is on and you have to manually shut them down one at a time. Still the model is one that is poorly suited to my needs. It is at best workable.

view photos

"Cisco Kid" says:

Why fix something that wasnt broke in the first place. The new layout is awful and just creates more work for me. Not cool.

view photos

nebulous 1 says:

How can I turn off the group notifications and blasts. I don't need this information. Thanks!!

view photos

nebulous 1 says:

Never mind. I went into settings and then notifications. Then went to Groups and clicked on Manage. That took me to a list of all my groups and an on off toggle for each group. Toggled them all off. Took quite a while as I am in a very large number of groups. Would be nice if you had a MASTER ON/OFF TOGGLE FOR ALL GROUP NOTIFICATIONS. BIG TIME SAVER. And if i want notification from a particular group, I could always turn that on.
Best
nebulous 1

view photos

Doddy * says:

Sorry, but this was a horrible update, way too many notifications. And now people who posts in groups get notices when their photos have been rejected (ouch) It makes me want to close my group so I don't have to hurt anyone's feelings. I hope you change it back to the old way, it was much easier to deal with.

view photos

Karsten Gieselmann says:

Doddy ♥:

It makes me want to close my group so I don't have to hurt anyone's feelings

If you post to a group where admin selects incoming stuff then I think you must be prepared that your post might be rejected. I like these new notifications. An information that an image I posted to a group has been rejected helps me to understand which kind of images are not wanted for this group, so I won't post something similar next time.

view photos

Paul_Larson says:

Please get rid of it. Its to much information not needed.

view photos

Fenfotos says:

TBH, as a Flickr user since forever, I notice no difference at all.

The only thing I would really value is that the alert bell work rather than hang and/or spin... I already get mail notifications of recent actions on my posts, plus summaries of contacts' new posts, I think weekly.

All good for me. I want no new glut of notices about others' comments upon comments, etc. E.g., in groups/communities. All I want is to be able to reliably and quickly see notices when the bell is lit, which is mostly not happening now as I get more hangs than response to my clicking on it.

view photos

Karol Zahm - Owner NewsSL says:

Leticia Roncero:

I like that they update, but where do I find my old photos? I had more than 800 and now I only have 104 visible

view photos

productive waves says:

love it like it all the time

view photos

Pedro1742 says:

I like that now almost immediately I know if any of my posts have been rejected by the group administrators. I think your efforts and laudable and I am very grateful. Keep the good job!

view photos

harpazo_hope says:

Sounds like a good improvement. I hope to see custom contact lists in the future. :) There's something in between friends and family and contacts.

view photos

Orland Park Birdie Girl says:

It would have been nice to have a choice between the old and new Notifications. I do not like the updated Notifications. It's simply overwhelming!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

← prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(1 to 100 of 624 replies in [Updated August 19 with Archiving Old Content] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads