Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 3 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 10 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 16 months ago

Current Discussion

Adding to Groups
Latest: 13 minutes ago
Contact form not working
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Monitoring fix] Group Pool Posting Limit not working
Is it Flickr? Users? or Is it Me? - Views & Comments vastly reduced.
New Notification Center
Latest: 3 hours ago
Videos disappeared from camera roll
Latest: 6 hours ago
You have no photo or tag and photos with missing tags
Latest: 6 hours ago
My photo count is wrong.
Latest: 8 hours ago
[BUG?] For a same Photograph, Numbers of shots dispalyed different between Pool Justifed and Square view (Admin view)
Latest: 16 hours ago
User links in notifications bug?
Latest: 25 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Thumbnail problem
Latest: 27 hours ago
How do you upload a Flickr Video to Instagram
Latest: 27 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Updated August 19 with Archiving Old Content] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

================

We’ve created a new thread so that we can continue the conversation, help folks onboard to the new notifications experience, and to address any questions that may arise.

For those that mentioned issues impacting the Recent Activity page, please read this update.

================

This thread is a continuation of our original post here.

================

Today we’ve begun rolling out the new Flickr Notifications Center and Notifications Settings pages, which will simplify how you engage with other members of the community. We have included an FAQ in our Help Center, but we also wanted to share information and get your feedback here.

We’re expanding the current notifications from the bell icon at the top of Flickr and introducing a new tab for groups you admin. We’re also introducing a new Notifications Center page so you can see your notifications with more screen real estate.

The Notifications Center
The Notifications Center represents the first step to rebuilding the Recent Activity page to function more like modern notification centers. As such, there are a couple of significant changes in the way we’re presenting data in the new design that you’ll experience. To access the Notifications Center, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr, and at the bottom of the dropdown, you’ll see the link that used to read “View Recent Activity” now reads “View all notifications.” When you click that, you’ll be taken to the new Notifications Center.

Notifications Settings Page
The new Notifications Settings page, allows you to turn on or mute notifications by type.This page gives you complete control over your in-site notifications as well as email notifications to decide what you’re notified about, how you’re notified, and even how often. To access the Notifications Settings page, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr and you’ll notice a new gear icon that will take you to the Notifications Settings page.

You can now control the following web and email notifications:

Web Notifications
- Comments on your photos
- Comments on photos you’ve commented on
- Faves
- Followers
- Galleries
- Groups (you can manage notifications for each of your groups from here)
- Group invitations
- Messages (FlickrMail)
- Notes
- Tags
- Testimonials

Emails we send you
- Activity on you or your photos (Off/Immediately/Once per day/Once per week)
- Group Invitations
- Messages (FlickrMail)
- New followers
- Recent uploads from people you follow (Off/Immediately/Once per day/Once per week)

Group Admins
For groups, we’ve added new notification types to let you know when admins update the group admin blast, as well as group description and rules. Additionally, group admins will now see notifications for the groups they admin as a separate tab so they can easily sort out the priority updates for their groups from personal notifications and from groups they don’t admin.

Please explore these new features and share your thoughts with us here.

* How are you planning on using the new features and how will they be beneficial to you and your activity on Flickr?
* Are you finding everything easy to use or do you have suggestions for improvements?
* As you start using the new Notifications Center, we'd love to hear how it keeps you in the loop with the people you follow and the groups that you're part of. Or, is there activity you feel like you're still missing?

We'll be slowly rolling out the feature to a small percentage of the community, then ramping up throughout the week as we monitor and feel good about the progress.

We really appreciate your time and feedback!

Thanks,

===============

Edits:

March 2, 2021: Staff response to feedback about the option to turn on or off notifications for all groups at once and additional follow-ups.

===============
March 3, 2021:

New ‘Options’ in your Groups page
As we are rolling out the new Notifications, you’ll also see updates to your Groups list page, where all of your groups are displayed. We’ve changed the name of “Faved Groups” to “Pinned Groups” to avoid conflating with the action of faveing photos/videos. Pinning a group will keep that group at the top of your list. There’s also a new column called Options, which lets you manage group notifications, show or hide groups from your activity feed, and more. If you desire, you can use the Options column on the Groups list page to mute/unmute each of your groups.

Group Discussion Notifications
Now, all group members will receive notifications for new group discussions. These notifications were previously only available to group admins and moderators. We hope this keeps you in the loop on more group discussions!

===============
March 11, 2021: Staff response to feedback about group notifications, mention notifications, pinned groups, and new ways to mute all notifications from a group.

===============
March 31, 2021: Staff update on managing comments and persististing notification filters in Notifications.

===============
April 15, 2021: Staff update on the increased size of the Notifications Center page.

===============
August 19, 2021: Notifications updates with archiving old content + changes to the Recent Activity page.
Posted at 2:49PM, 26 February 2021 PDT ( permalink )
Leticia Roncero (staff) edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

(201 to 300 of 624 replies in [Updated August 19 with Archiving Old Content] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings)
view photos

Natalie Nix ⚧ says:

The new notifications system is a true pain.
It took me a long time to turn it off for all my groups.
Please take away all this spam
Posted 7 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Ethan.Winning says:

I think I don't really care. I don't mean to be cavalier, but I get email notifications, and the bell is lit when anything happens. I also get notifications on my android Flickr app. If you'd like to do something that would absolutely thrill me, give us the opportunity to change fonts in email and comments! I have been asking for bold and italics - that's all - for four years, and have heard nothing.

I'd like to see that in the same way that gmail and comcast and outlook and pretty much all other email and text programs provide. The menu should be at the bottom of the comments and email boxes.

view photos

beverleyplaya says:

Ethan.Winning:

bold can be achieved by typing ( I will put speces inbetween otherwise it will just do it bold and in italics and you won't know what I'm on about _

italics . . . . < then i then >

bold . . . < then b then >

hope this helps :)

view photos

ernstkers says:

Ethan.Winning:

I have been asking for bold and italics - that's all - for four years, and have heard nothing.

That exists already for much longer as four years: www.flickr.com/html.gne?tighten=0&type=reply

view photos

Foto John says:

A mixed update, mostly positive but I just don't have time to go through and change all the notification for groups to off. I literally have hundreds of groups and don't want to know that they have just changed their blurb, or someone has started a thread that I have no interest in. Great work on the rest of the updates though! Thanks!
Foto John edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

AJestersMagic says:

This is a nice upgrade, and if this has been mentioned or has been addressed, please forgive my redundancy. But for me it would be helpful if I could single out "rejections" above all else. Or give them a different color or marked differently in some way. I am a member of hundreds of groups, and I have thousands of photos here on Flickr. I'm very thankful for any positive feedback, such as someone favoriting one of my photos, or approving when I try to add to their group, but I'd love to know when a photo is rejected. That's what I want to see the most, since I know better what the group admin is NOT looking for, and I'll try to not re-submit that photo or photo's like it. Other than that I like this innovation. Nice job.

view photos

John Farnan says:

its really poor actually.
I am not that interested in all the happenings in groups I might be a member of. I just want to see if there are any comments on my images so I can reply. It doesn't do that so not use to me....

view photos

Infernal elf says:

Please for the love of god make it possible to disable all group notifications on one button!! Old timers like myself been on flickr since 2009 are members of hundreds of groups. Getting a notification everytime an admin posts an udate can get annoying quickly.

view photos

Fenfotos says:

As many others have said: terrible downgrade, a stream of data which just obscures the simple, clear, and graphically clean and useful "Recent activity". I've always loved (and took for granted) this page (recent activity) as it told me exactly what I want to know, with an easy reference thumbnail and not just a long cluttered list.

It was not broke, so why join in the Facebook/Google game of "improving" good features by ruining the good in favor of the "new"? Sorry...

I too will be very upset if that page is no longer available as-is, because honestly, other than looking at streams and posts of contacts, it's my most-visited Flickr page, as I'm not planted 24/7 at flickr, and have counted on it over many years to give me useful info, as the "recent activity" page does, beautifully and concisely.

Please leave the page and don't "fix" other great features so they become terrible to many, useless to most, and cool for maybe some. Yuk.

view photos

littletinperson says:

group discussion notifications is not a high priority for me, but there is no way to turn them off without turning off all notifications from a group. is there a plan to provide more control over group-related notifications?

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

littletinperson:

This is something we are considering.

Feel free to share any group related notifications you would like more control over.

Thanks!

view photos

Marja Geesink says:

i prefer the old one ,too much info now ,i see for example a thank you from someone i do not know who say thanks to a group admin ,i do know the group ,i do not wanna see those comments ,i got messages enough on my own flickr to get through!!

i just noticed that i do not see a reaction on a comment i had, in my notafications ^^i would like to see those ;-)
Marja Geesink edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

~gio~ says:

Another downgrade. The inability to mute all of these ridiculous group notifications at click is maddening. This is another huge waste of time having to clear up the huge waste of time that this change has created. Incredible that this is seen as an improvement.

view photos

spitzerua says:

I think this mass group notification is stupid features, I must uncheck every group for :( Previous notification system is enough.

view photos

AdamUK12 says:

I'm not enjoying having notifications about posts or updates to groups. I'm not sure how to turn it off for all groups? I prefer the old style.

view photos

jHc__johart says:

Too much unwanted information about changes that groups are making. was happy with the original simplicity.

view photos

A B Art says:

It took me a very long time to go through and turn off notifications of group activity one at a time. All this did was show me that I'm in too many groups. Now, I'm spending a great deal of time leaving a ton of groups, meaning less engagement and probably less time on the site. Great job.

view photos

littletinperson says:

R L Catlow:

in my opinion, any activity notification from a group to a member should be opt-in by the member. for example, and as i said, i'm not interested in knowing when someone starts a new discussion thread in a group or responds to a thread that does not interest or involve me.

this specific change in the notifications feature seems particularly noisy.

view photos

Xuxa_Yue says:

Horrible! Can't seem to be able to remove the notifications from the groups that I'm in!

view photos

Jasmyne Genesis says:

Please change the notification settings for groups. As someone else mentioned, at the very least make the group discussions an OPT IN. The only real benefit from this has been the ability to see what groups reject photos and the option to leave directly from the notifications if you would like to.

view photos

VMiles_22 says:

I prefer the old version.

view photos

Mark Edward Maciel says:

You guys could have done a better job. A simple colour coat is insulting.

What we need to see at a glance is a different colour for each type of notification. Different colours for Invites, Favs, Comments, Mails, etc.

Please also don't group notifications on favs, because it makes it difficult to see individual images that were faved.

I look forward to some meaningful updates to activity in the notifications dropdown.

view photos

Angel Heavens says:

Hmmm, when I open the notifications, the left side is blank.

The only way to populate it is to switch to the right 'groups' side and then back again.

Win 10, powerful PC. Vivaldi (chrome) and Firefox.

view photos

galilea.kessen says:

Details on photo activity;

Recent Activity list has all activity on each photo; faves, comments, etc

New system has only last person. Means to see if activity is from friends must go to pic page, click faves, go to bottom, click to see if friend. If more than one, do all over again.

Not good. Ten times more work vs current 'recent activity view.

PLease fix this@

GK

view photos

hd.niel says:

Is it just me or do others find it slow loading. The old system was much simpler and better, loaded instantly to check comments etc. Please change it back or give an option of old or new.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Angel Heavens:

Sending over an email now to see what is going on.

hd.niel:

I have sent over an email on the 3/3 to ask for some further details. If you respond to my email, I can certainly help dig into the slow performance you are describing.

Thanks!

view photos

Wendy: says:

still need the older version ---missed several flickr mails for a week! and I keep both versions open on my phone

view photos

ziva.niva says:

agree w/ Galilea Kessen.

Need to see all activity, not just last one!

ZV

view photos

hkavas says:

I have seen only change that there is one line as "Recent Activity" at the end of "notification bell". Even I am group admin there is nothing for my group notiications.Actually that was not necessary,because we may reach "Recent Activity" page from drop down "You" tab.
Still no remarkable change for me.

view photos

EABNYC says:

I hate it. Can I opt out and go back to the old way? Probably not. Yuck!

view photos

littletinperson says:

galilea.kessen:

+1

this creates a lot more work for me to see all recent activity. please either amend the new notifications page to permit view of all recent activity OR continue to support the current recent activity page.

view photos

matt duke - thanks for 100M+ views! says:

I strongly prefer the old Recent Activity format. Cleaner and much easier to see the information that's most relevant to me and the way i manage my feed.

I see I can access the old format from the "You" drop-down menu. Please, please, PLEASE continue to support this option!!!

view photos

luisa brehm says:

well, it’s not working …
yesterday i had 7 notifications & can see any …
i click on all notifications, one by one & it’s all blank …
sorry, Folks, i must say this,
everytime you have "super ideas" Flickr is getting worse,
don’t blame my browser for that because before it was working fine.

Best !!!!
luisa

view photos

luisa brehm says:

matt duke - thanks for 100M views!:

you are right !!!!!

"You" » recent activity ....
thanks for this ...

happy weekend !!!!
luisa

view photos

pdouz7 says:

I think that the people responsable for thr new notification system should have a raise.
It is perfect or almost.

Suggestion: In the morning when you start and it says 99+ notifications.
When you answer a comment: Could it bring you back where you were. Not always start again at the beginning.
Just an idea.
Love the new Notifications.
Pdouz7

view photos

Karen Kumz says:

recent activity - for each picture, I get over 100 faves, comments, group invites IN FIRST DAY when I post a new picture. Where will I see all this in new system? Like Galilea, only seeing last person, not other 99. Please don't change this until we can see all the same inform as now.

KK

view photos

nolehace says:

...too much unneeded info...inaccurate...don't like new notifications...

view photos

nolehace says:

pdouz7:

...agree...

view photos

nolehace says:

luisa brehm:

everytime you have "super ideas" Flickr is getting worse,
don’t blame my browser for that because before it was working fine.

..."everytime you have "super ideas" Flickr is getting worse,
don’t blame my browser for that because before it was working fine"...agree....

view photos

Où est mon coeur says:

Changing the default behavior of critical feature like notifications is a poor choice. Instead of allowing users to opt into a feature you've basically enrolled everyone into it. Notifying everyone of a new topic being posted in the forums is plain stupid. The normal expectation in forums is to able to subscribe to specific topics and opt into being notified when there is a new message. .

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

The first four entries in my notification list, what are they supposed to tell me?

Flickr Android App, Version 4.16.1, Build-ID 40160010.
Android 10.

Flickr Notifications

view photos

Amorenna Sierra / KILLJOY says:

Ever since the update to these notifications the app on my iphone doesn't display notifications correctly at all. I no longer see new follower notifications, and the fave count on my photos is never correct from the notification bar. It's also way too cluttered with group notices, just like in the browser.

view photos

Ger Bosma says:

I asked before to have topics that were started in my groups and that were afterwards deleted by me removed from the bell icon listing (or at least faded out).

Luckily that was fixed within a day after my request.
Alas, since today that behaviour is back

NB: Older deleted topics remain gone.

view photos

slack---line says:

Need a way of disabling all group notifications in one go, very tedious going through and disabling every single one.

More generally I think its wrong to assume that everyone wants to get notifications on everything all the time. Notifications "Off" should be the default and individuals can then enable what they want.

view photos

bulge-butt says:

Leticia Roncero:

What do i think? Its useless. It doesn't work. The old way worked ok. If it's not broke, don't fix it

Now when i have a new notification and i tap the bell icon, the list is blank and if i tap all notifications, its still blank. Its yet another thing flickr has changed for the worse. Don't blame my browser. Im using Chrome 36 on an Android tablet. The list wasn't blank before.

view photos

Elaine Delworth says:

Wish you had put a select all button on the group notifications, I am getting way too many now, and have to search through them all to say thanks when someone comments on one of my pics

view photos

davids pix says:

I much prefer the old version. I use a Pc with a 22" screen. The new version looks rather silly on this. Is this "upgrade" the result of customer demand or merely tinkering for the sake of it?

view photos

Ulster1916 says:

I have no use for the facilty but there are so many negative comments here I wonder if Flickr will rethink the so-called upgrade. After all loads of people are paying for Flickr and I would have thought they would have tested it on a sample before inflicting it on all members............Just a thought
Ulster1916 edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

mcnod says:

Ulster1916:

I would have though they would have tested it on a sample before inflicting it on all members

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718447996213/page2/#...

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718408565402/page3/#...

Ulster1916:
there are so many negative comments here

No, not even close, lol. Here is an example of a lot of negative comments:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157642911765443/

view photos

Ulster1916 says:

mcnod

Thanks for that I have been keeping on top of this particular issue. My concerns however go beyond this one issue to wonder why Flickr feels that it can upload a major change wiithout any reference to their customer base, which I assume they wish to maintain and expand. If in fact this is what they desire then what they have just done is no way to achieve this. They are just another company offering a product and need to show more concern and empathy for their customers before enacting such major changes. The probelm remains, what is next?.
Ulster1916 edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

Marco Buccelli says:

There are a lot of groups-related notifications which clutter the clarity and relevance of interesting ones. For me, knowing that X edited the rules of the Y group, is not relevant at all!

As for the mobile app, there are a lot of lines with the user name but empty as to why they appear...

I prefer as it was.

Thanks

view photos

timopfahl says:

As has been posted before, please make it possible to disable all group notifications at once. Getting a notification for each new topic created is not something that is so interesting I need to be pushed the information to.
Thanks

view photos

katlamsib says:

Leticia Roncero:
I think the old design with every single notification showed on per photo basis was much more convenient. Please bring it back or give us users chance to set it up.

view photos

katlamsib says:

galilea.kessen:

Agreed

view photos

The delicate sound of thunder. says:

Don't mind having shot rejected from a Groups...but l do object to having it rammed down your throat every time l look to see what's going on...l don't think my works that bad...So I've now left all Groups that require an Invite...l don't need someone telling me it's crap...l just don't need to be told. :-(

view photos

mag3737 says:

I have noticed that notifications of new topics in groups seems to be "ramping up" over a period of recent days. Is this by design, or a bug, or perhaps the result of some bug being fixed/addressed?

To give an example: Today on my Bell menu I got a notification of a new topic in a group (Flickr API, FWIW). It's the first time I've had a notification from that group on my Bell menu since the rollout of these changes. But upon going to that group, I can see that there are three topics that have been newly created within the past few days. Why did I not get notifications about the others?

The same thing has happened with several (at least 3 or 4) other groups over the past week.

Note: TBH, it's possible (but unlikely) that I just missed seeing the other two new-topic notifications from that group. But one of the other groups for which this has happened is Photography Critique, which is kinda like a fire hose of new topics. There is NO WAY AT ALL that I could have failed to notice these notifications before they started happening a couple of days ago.

view photos

by Maddison Haven says:

Really hate the new notifications update. I get notifications if an admin changes something in a group or if someone starts a new discussion. Highly unnecessary and annoying! Is there any way to turn those off? All anyone really needs to know is if a pic was faved or commented on and any new followers, so we can return the favor.

view photos

Julian Price - USA says:

I do not like it. How do you turn off all of that extraneous junk? I could care less about discussions, who did what, changes in my groups,non pertinent notifications,, etc, etc, etc.

I only want to know information about my photographs, and maybe be able to turn on some of the other stuff, should I find a need at some point in the future.

Also, the need to change notification settings for each individual group is ridiculous.

view photos

Isobel Udein says:

This is horrible. No option to turn off "All" group notifications at once. I'm in 493,804 groups (exaggerating of course ^.^) and do not want to manage those settings individually. I do not want to know when someone creates a topic or discussion or changes a rule in each group - not in my "main" notification area, that's for sure. Please fix this. :(

view photos

mcnod says:

It is fascinating to me that people who have joined hundreds and yes thousands of groups in reality do not want to know what is actually happening in any of them.

view photos

Scarlet Pimpernel says:

mcnod:

It is fascinating to me that people who have joined hundreds and yes thousands of groups in reality do not want to know what is actually happening in any of them.

Groups are just dust collectors a bit like with all the people i see on TV zoom interviews that have rooms full of 1000s of books in the background. Once those books are put on the bookshelf they remain there undisturbed for years collecting dust. The odd book might come out once in a while, but the the vast majority never see the light of day. Groups are just like that.

Personally i only have a small number of groups, but i only ever go to about two of them. The others i rarely visit. In recent months though I've been off air.
Scarlet Pimpernel edited this topic 7 months ago.

view photos

Ulster1916 says:

You are right, groups are a disaster and whilst some way of looking at members images of specific subjects is required, this is not it. Perhaps Flickr will apply their minds to an alternative.

view photos

galilea.kessen says:

on new notification page, does 'mute this not.' from groups mute that individual not. or all not. from that group?

Please clarify.

GK

view photos

takisha.coenenx says:

on new notification page - if person faved a pic and I click 3 dots, it tell if conact. If not contact, when I click follow, no window comes to also add as friend or family. Why is this

If a person is new contact, a blue 'follow' is there, and if I click it, I get chance to add as friend or family. Do this same for faved pic. NO?

TC

view photos

Ova Hamer says:

Horrible. Go back to the previous scheme, please.

view photos

Pietro__c says:

It would be extremely useful if you could turn off the notifications for all groups at once. Right now as far as I saw, it is only possible to turn off one group at the time.

view photos

GrimoirePhoto. says:

Remove the group notifications. Or, add an option to turn them all Off/On.

view photos

J.Thomas.Barnes says:

Please provide the option of going back to the old version, or keeping the new one. Each user could choose what they like best. For many of us (myself included), this new way is annoying and provides way too much unwanted information. For those who like this new version, they could keep it. A win-win. Thanks for the opportunity to comment here.

view photos

CleliaMal says:

As other people have already mentioned, a button that could turn On/Off the notifications for all groups at ones would be much appreciated.
Moreover, the group notifications options could be offered in a different way, by proposing what type of group notifications are desirable for each user (for all groups and not for each individual group). For example i would be interested in a changes to rules of a group but not the rest. This seams more simple.
Thank you for your hard work :)

view photos

matt duke - thanks for 100M+ views! says:

Leticia Roncero:

Hi,
Will flickr continue to support the Recent Activity page under the "You" pull-down menu? I much prefer this format. Thanks!

view photos

Ger Bosma says:

I asked before to have topics that were started in my groups and that were afterwards deleted by me removed from the bell icon listing (or at least faded out).

Luckily that was fixed within a day after my request.
Alas, since today that behaviour is back

NB: Older deleted topics remain gone.

This seems now fixed again, thanks.

view photos

michael TU-160 blackjack says:

Not so keen on the my group notification, also rather have the old way for recent activity.

view photos

Nikon66 says:

I really prefer the old version. Things are too spread out in the new version, and it really does not provide useful information in a convenient format like the older version. Please keep the older version as an option that we can maintain.

Thank you.

view photos

Andrea Kennard says:

I don't like it. I don't get how it works.

view photos

mag3737 says:

In the past couple of weeks I've been repeatedly seeing the "Learn more" blue banner on top of my Bell menu, even though I dismiss it with the little 'X' every time. I haven't really taken note of how often, but it seems often enough to have been almost daily-ish.

It's not every time I visit -- I visit Flickr many times per day.

I don't clear my cookies or anything, so it's not that.

Is this a known issue? Are others seeing it? Flickr crew, is it on your radar?
Posted 6 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

dsm8954 says:

Too much information in the new notification center. Don't need to know every time an admin makes an update, but can't shut them off. Please don't get rid of the old Recent Activity. I guess I don't care for "modern" notifications.

view photos

hkavas says:

Another point probably Flickr is not able to count above 49.Notifications always informing that "....... and +49 people faved your photo" even 120 people faved your photo.

view photos

natures-pencil says:

I don't want to be notified every time an admin does something to a group or someone creates a topic, but I can't find a way to turn those new features off. I was happy with the old system. The new features are just annoying and of no interest to me.

view photos

Stereotron says:

The 'Groups you administer' section is a great feature! I'm using it on Desktop PC with Mozilla Firefox.

Now I can see all groups activities when they happen without the hassle of clicking through My Groups, then approval queue then down down to end of the list and back to the next group I administer.
This is a very good development and I hope there is more coming of this.
For example, I'd like to give some users and/or moderators the permission to invite photos to the groups without these UGLY invite codes. This would help revitalize groups!

view photos

natures-pencil says:

I hate it. Too many notifications of no interest that I cannot turn off.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Scarlet Pimpernel Ulster1916:

I see this conversation veering into more of a discussion about the nature of groups rather than notifications themselves -- just a friendly reminder to keep the conversation focused. Thanks!

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

mag3737:

In the past couple of weeks I've been repeatedly seeing the "Learn more" blue banner on top of my Bell menu, even though I dismiss it with the little 'X' every time. I haven't really taken note of how often, but it seems often enough to have been almost daily-ish.

Thanks for letting us know. Which browser are you currently using?

view photos

Patrick Sudre says:

Dommage qu'il soit difficile de voir si, sur une photo, s'il y'a eu un commentaire, ou des favoris.

view photos

travellingred says:

Too many irrelevant notifications - XX has created a topic in group YY - nobody cares. And you think it's a good thing to make us go through every single group to turn this off manually group by group? Bad call. It's not a good thing. It's a PITA.

view photos

cinusek says:

Soooo much spam. I don't care that someone "created the topic X in group Y" or "updated the admin blast", whatever that is.

I see I can disable notifications for specific groups, but what does that mean? Is it just these weird notifications or something I might care about (e.g. my photo was accepted or rejected by a moderator).

I do care about moderation and changes to group rules, I don't care about new topics or "blasts", how can I set this up?

view photos

Pierre PRESTAT says:

Oh, no ! Way too many notification about ... nothing.
I have no time for this. Sorry but this is not an improvment.

view photos

digiflier2 says:

I think the new notification layout, with the removal of Awards, is much less cluttered.

view photos

J.Thomas.Barnes says:

Useless now. And annoying. Much better before the change.

view photos

pongo 2007 says:

I don't have it yet.. but PLEASE leave the You ---> Recent Activity Page alone, it is my booked marked landing page.

And as I have a very slow internet conection, I fear with all these new changes, I will be unable to load pages again like back in 2013.

view photos

djwtwo says:

I'm a "minimal notifications" guy. I want to be able to turn off most notifications (and have.) The glaring flaw from that POV in the current UI is for groups. I basically want:

- group notifications off generally
- notifications on in groups I manage
- (optionally) notifications when responses happen in threads I've contributed to, unless I turn them off

It's that first item that's tough right now: I can't just turn all of them off, I have to go through the list and click every one, and remember to do that for any group I might join.

view photos

tralala.loordes says:

The ONLY thing I dislike are the relentless notices of of everyone thanking a group for getting a group cover. I DO like the "rejection" notices because now I know which groups my pix may not be frequently represented in and can leave those groups. Thanks Flickr. And if anyone can tell me how to turn off the group thank you notices I would be eternally grateful.

view photos

gediamante says:

Hola, muy buena iniciativa, saber cuando te rechazan una fotografía.
Pero es demasiada información, notificar lo que modifica cada grupo.

Saludos
Guillermo

view photos

johndecember says:

How do I turn all of the notices OFF at once?

view photos

mag3737 says:

katie_ko:

Thanks for letting us know. Which browser are you currently using?

Chrome Version 88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10

The blue bar resurfaced again sometime today. Not sure what time it was, my moments to be on Flickr today have been short, grabbed in between busy-ness.

view photos

JoelDeluxe says:

nope. you are not listening. I want to be able to turn off all group notifications and turn on the ones I want. I will leave Flickr because of this failure to provide this option.

view photos

nudi2009 please read profil before follow me says:

il faut reparamétrer les notifications je n'avais pas vu!

view photos

Ben_Senior says:

The vast majority of my 83 notifications I viewed today were updates about new topics created in groups I am a part in. There is no way to turn these off without manually turning off notifications for ALL groups I am in. I am a part of 1000+ groups and this would take quite some time. This would be very annoying to have to do, as I do not care to be notified about new topics in groups, and I am hardly the only one.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Andrea Kennard:

I am including our Help Center article here, which may answer some of your questions. Feel free to contact our Support Heroes here if you need any further assistance.

galilea.kessen:

At this moment in time it mutes the individual notification.

Thanks!

view photos

Toby Howard says:

Leticia Roncero:

As others have said, it would be very helpful to be able to turn notifications on/off with one setting to cover all the groups you belong to. It clearly isn't practical to manage these one by one if you belong to 100s of groups. Thanks.

view photos

galilea.kessen says:

R L Catlow:

OK, thanks. I go back to turn off not. on new groups page.

GK

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

(201 to 300 of 624 replies in [Updated August 19 with Archiving Old Content] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads