Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 9 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load
Latest: 27 minutes ago
Photo count incorrect
Latest: 2 hours ago
Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload
Latest: 3 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Frozen Views Count
Latest: 5 hours ago
Password works on iOS but not on PC?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Android App: Random Logouts
Latest: 13 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 13 hours ago
No photos in my account
Latest: 15 hours ago
Uploading to Albums
Latest: 21 hours ago
Flickr not allowing me to continue to use Paypal (which is linked to a credit card).
Latest: 26 hours ago
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Can't upload photos from my native camera app

Jack White2 says:

Whenever I try to upload photos from my native camera app (using the 'share' button and then selecting Flickr in the list of apps), they never arrive in my photostream. These problems started when I started using my new Google Pixel, although I did get it to work on some occasions with this phone.

The upload works fine when I use the Flickr app to select images from my phone. Does anyone know how to solve this?
Posted at 2:08AM, 1 March 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

The Apanthropist says:

Yeah, I get the same on my Pixel. Go through the share process, name, description, etc but when I check the camera roll nothing's being uploaded. Although, sometimes if I upload multiple images at once it decides to occasionally work, but not always.

I usually end up resorting to using the desktop web site in a mobile browser to upload. Not a great experience.
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

I am sorry to hear you both are having trouble with uploading from the native camera app on your Google Pixel. May I have you check your photo format and check to see if HEIF photos mode on? If so, try turning this mode off to see if this helps.

If you continue to run into trouble, contact support directly to continue troubleshooting. https://help.flickr.com/contact

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

I am having issues with uploading a photo from the iOS camera roll on my iPhone. The sharing choices on the photo no longer display the Flickr App. Uploading from the Flickr iOS App using the + button also does not lead to a successful upload. {Edit: It is working now. The problem appears to have been resolved}.
ashwani2310 edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

The Apanthropist says:

Melanie0426:

Doesn't have heif for images on a Pixel 3, only for video. I'm uploading jpgs, or attempting to. Occasionally it works, most times it doesn't. But I can't tell if it's the phone, the app, or Flickr. And it's not just the native camera app. Sharing from F-Stop image gallery fails as well.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

The Apanthropist:

Sending over an email now to dig in with you!

Thanks

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads