Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 36 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load
Latest: 6 minutes ago
Photo count incorrect
Latest: 2 hours ago
Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload
Latest: 2 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Frozen Views Count
Latest: 4 hours ago
Password works on iOS but not on PC?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Android App: Random Logouts
Latest: 12 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 12 hours ago
No photos in my account
Latest: 14 hours ago
Uploading to Albums
Latest: 21 hours ago
Flickr not allowing me to continue to use Paypal (which is linked to a credit card).
Latest: 26 hours ago
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Logo or watermark-added photos won't be considered for "Explore"?

LASTLIGHTS.NET says:

For all the uploaded photos, I've added a logo of my own website on the left or right bottom corner, but somewhere in old forum posts, I read that those photos with a logo/watermark added won't be considered for "Explore". I wonder if this is true. Or, depends on how big/disturbing, as I still see some photos on Explore having signatures, copyright notice, etc?

Thank you in advance.
Posted at 7:18PM, 2 March 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

iansand says:

Let me get this straight. You see material in Explore that contradicts your theory but...
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mcnod says:

LASTLIGHTS.NET:

The place you want to ask is in this group:
www.flickr.com/groups/2389839@N23/

view photos

Ger Bosma says:

LASTLIGHTS.NET:

There was a time when uploading images with a photo border, signature, logo or watermark was very likely to get your images removed from explore and could get you banned. Only superior photographers might have gotten away with it for any length of time.

After an amnesty of sorts in 2018-2019, the rules seem to have relaxed considerably.

E.g. I see a a few in the explore top 50 today

However there's no guarantee that you'll continue being explored when using them. If you value explore (and also care about the casual viewer, I might add) it's better to stop using them, or only add them after 48 hours when not explored.

NB: no need to post in the group mentioned.
Being one of the main admins there, I'll simply tell you the same thing. LOL

view photos

LASTLIGHTS.NET says:

Ger Bosma:

Thank you for kindly clarifying. Didn't think about replacing after 48 hours, which is quite a good idea! Thanks for your advice.

view photos

mcnod says:

Ger Bosma:

no need to post in the group mentioned.
Being one of the main admins there, I'll simply tell you the same thing.

Please keep this help article in mind, thanks:
help.flickr.com/en_us/featured-photos-in-explore-ry7A3moyX

If you’d like to discuss Explore, we recommend Flickr groups like "in explore", where the community is quite active.

view photos

Ger Bosma says:

mcnod:

If you’d like to discuss Explore, we recommend Flickr groups like "in explore", where the community is quite active.

Feel free then to refer people to 'groups like in explore' for a change ROFL

Clear and simple: the only reason the In explore group still exists is because of me. No need to tell me how to run my group, thanks.

view photos

mcnod says:

Ger Bosma:

No need to tell me how to run my group, thanks.

???

view photos

Ger Bosma says:

Your 'contributions' after my reply and the subsequent response by OP here serve no purpose whatsoever. IMHO a distinct pattern. Find another hobby.

#don'tfeedthetrolls

view photos

mcnod says:

Ger Bosma:

after my reply

Your reply is the point of my contention. You know perfectly well that staff wants general Explore discussions routed away from the help forum, again I remind you what the official help article states,
"If you’d like to discuss Explore, we recommend Flickr groups like "in explore", where the community is quite active.'
also here, staff instruction in the help forum itself, I can point to 50 of these if your memory fails you:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157678909574078/#reply7...

I pointed the OP to the recommended source of help when it comes to non-bug explore discussions and then you come along and flout the guideline once again (and call me the troll). If you do not want dedicated help forum participants to send these questions to your group, then I suggest that you contact flickr directly and ask them to change their current help article to reflect your wishes as the "leader" of the In Explore group.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Hi all,

As we have answered the OP's question, I am now closing this thread.

Thanks to all for participating.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads