Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 11 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load
Latest: 28 minutes ago
Photo count incorrect
Latest: 2 hours ago
Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload
Latest: 3 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Frozen Views Count
Latest: 5 hours ago
Password works on iOS but not on PC?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Android App: Random Logouts
Latest: 13 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 13 hours ago
No photos in my account
Latest: 15 hours ago
Uploading to Albums
Latest: 21 hours ago
Flickr not allowing me to continue to use Paypal (which is linked to a credit card).
Latest: 26 hours ago
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Embed slideshow issue - Not Displaying Album Correctly

Jim Lambie says:

Hey all,

I've been working through some functionality issues with the embed slideshow feature. Happy to say that I've finally got it running on my site, the issue now is that it only cycles through 11 images and then the forward arrow disappears. This has happened with two separate albums, so it's not an isolated incident. Has anyone else run across this issue?

Thanks!
Posted at 9:47AM, 2 March 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

mcnod says:

Jim Lambie:

What did Ryan conclude?

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718401223428/#reply7...
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

I have not been able to find an “embed slide show” option while using Safari on my iPad. There is only an option for embedding an album.

Also, how does one share a slide show on networking sites like Facebook and Twitter? The sharing option on albums also does not provide for sharing a slide show.

view photos

Jim Lambie says:

mcnod:

Nothing as far as this new issue.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

ashwani2310:

I haven't tried share-options on mobile/tablet platform, but in general when we are talking about sharing a slideshow it is sharing an album (at least that's how I understand it and use the terms).
On desktop you are offered sharing an album with some "Embed" html code. It might make sense not to offer this on mobile platforms(?); I doubt many write html while on mobile platforms?
Stig Nygaard edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

ashwani2310 says:

Stig Nygaard:

Using Safari on an iPad, one does get the album sharing options of “share”, “embed” and, I think, “BB Code” (Edit: Correction: The third option is “email”). But it is the sharing of a slide-show of the album that I was referring to. Previously, if memory serves me right, if the URL of the album was shared with “/show” attached to it, a slide show could be shared on Facebook.

However, it is not clear how it can be done now.
ashwani2310 edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

ashwani2310:

Previously, if memory serves me right, if the URL of the album was shared with “/show”

Okay, that is what you are talking about. Yes, once it was possible to view pretty much every "bundle" of photos on flickr (photostreams, albums, groups, search-results,...) as a slideshow by post-fixing url with a "/show". It's a pitty we don't have that option anymore. Though it might still unofficially have been an option on Flickr until Flash was completely killed recently (I don't know, I haven't had flash installed in years), it was officially killed by Flickr years ago (2015 I believe). But that's not the subject Jim is talking about in this thread (as far as I understand).

view photos

Jim Lambie says:

Hi there,

No, my issue is that the embedded slideshow ends at the eleventh image. There are many more images than that in the album.

Anyone else experience this?
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

Jim Lambie:

At the end of the previous thread (mentioned by mcnod), Katie seemed to be saying that Ryan from the Flickr team was discussing this new issue with you. Are you saying that is not the case?

Could you point us to the site where your slideshow is embedded, and also point us to the Flickr album(s) that are affected?
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads