Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 36 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load
Latest: 6 minutes ago
Photo count incorrect
Latest: 2 hours ago
Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload
Latest: 2 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Frozen Views Count
Latest: 4 hours ago
Password works on iOS but not on PC?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Android App: Random Logouts
Latest: 12 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 12 hours ago
No photos in my account
Latest: 14 hours ago
Uploading to Albums
Latest: 21 hours ago
Flickr not allowing me to continue to use Paypal (which is linked to a credit card).
Latest: 26 hours ago
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

arranging images in an album alphabetically is NOT working

J3 Hong Kong says:

Is there a known problem with this?

Today I am unable to arrange images alphabetically, I can use all the other arranging functions as normal

I use this feature extensively

Is there a fix coming soon?

Thank you

Jamie
Posted at 7:24AM, 3 March 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

It worked for me on a test just now. Can you tell us anything more about your situation?

1. Is it every album, or just one? (Which one?)
2. What happens when you try? Anything at all? Does it partially sort, but miss some? Or does nothing change?
3. Have you looked for any relationship with private/public photos?
4. How about safe/moderate/restricted photos?
5. How about the dates of the photos in the affected album(s)?
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

J3 Hong Kong says:

Thanks for your response

I have 1,000 albums, I cannot test all of them!!

1. I have tried 20 car albums, it simply will NOT arrange new entries
2. it started yesterday, nothing happens, no partials, any new entry yesterday will not arrange
3.all my 123,000 images are public
4. all my images are set to safe
5. it seems to be only images that I uploaded on March 3rd

thanks

Jamie

view photos

mcnod says:

J3 Private Tours | J3 Consultants HK:

Have you tried using a different browser to see if that makes any difference?

I notice that many of the photos you took on March 3rd were added to mostly huge albums (over 500 photos). I don't know if this means anything (it shouldn't) but I'm just looking for anything that might help.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Could you point us to some specific albums with problems? At least you know which 20 you tried; that's a tiny needle for us to guess in a 1000-album haystack.

I looked at about 3 or 4 of your albums and saw that all of them were NOT alphabetized by title (not even the photos from before March 3), so I can't tell which ones might have been intended that way.

view photos

J3 Hong Kong says:

mcnod:

I have never encountered this problem in the all of the years I have been on Flickr

Any album that starts Hong Kong Licence Plates that means at least 400 albums are in alphabetical order

6 images were added to this album Hong Kong Licence Plates | Letters only - from 4 to 8 letters on March 3rd they simple cannot be arranged in alphabetical order

I have tried 3 browsers Microsfot Edge, Chrome and Firefox, same result, please note I only ever work in Firefox and I have never had the issue before

thanks

Jamie

view photos

J3 Hong Kong says:

So a new update from me

Hong Kong Licence Plates | Letters only - from 4 to 8 letters

This is my test album

1. I cleared the cache in Firefox twice
2. I went to the album and re arranged the images in date uploaded and no problem
3 then went back to the album and re arranged alphabetically, the result was all the images arranged correctly EXCEPT the 6 I up loaded March 3rd

Just a little odd

view photos

J3 Hong Kong says:

Sorry, the images were uploaded on March 2nd not March 3rd

I have double checked, all the settings are the same as images uploaded prior to March 2nd

it is the same camera

the file sizes are approximately the same

It feels like a glitch in the software as it is a very specific problem

view photos

J3 Hong Kong says:

So another new update from me

Hong Kong Licence Plates | Letters only - from 4 to 8 letters as the test album

I just uploaded another 5 images taken on March 2nd, the uploaded just fine but again they will NOT arrange alphabetically, so that makes 11 images that will not rearrange

Hong Kong Cars | Mid Range to Expensive 100% Electric Cars on the streets

One of the 5 new images I uploaded to this album, I had no problem arranging the album alpabetically!!

view photos

mcnod says:

Just a little odd

Way odd! Like Tom, I tried to recreate this anomaly in my own stream, but could not make it happen so far. (I assume you are clicking the blue save button, lower left, before you exit the Organizr.) I'll continue to poke around. I'm sure Tom will also, as time permits. Maybe someone else will arrive with a fresh perspective. Meanwhile you can contact staff directly and log you issue using this form:
help.flickr.com/contact

view photos

J3 Hong Kong says:

Thanks ever so much for your assistance

so in this album described above I have now 11 new images which are not in alphabetical order and if I go into organiser now and click the blue save button I cannot the organiser does not organise alphabetically and the blue save button is grayed out

If I organise by the date I took the image the organiser organises and I can press the blue save button without an issue

I have contacted Flickr staff to try and solve this... it is driving me nuts

thanks again for your help

view photos

John Frattura says:

I noticed that the 11 images at the end of that album are in alphabetical order with each other, just not with the rest of the album. I don't know if that helps at all.

Edit: here's the album if anyone is having trouble finding it: www.flickr.com/photos/j3tourshongkong/albums/721576588767...
John Frattura edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

jane_sanders says:

You've used "plates" rather than "plate" in the title for those later photos. For example:

www.flickr.com/photos/j3tourshongkong/50009175737/ - Title is "HKG Car Licence Plate - ZK EA".

www.flickr.com/photos/j3tourshongkong/50999984552/ - Title is "HKG Car Licence Plates - YAU KWONG".

So that second photo goes after the first because of the 's'.

view photos

John Frattura says:

jane_sanders:

You've used "plates" rather than "plate" in the title for those later photos.
Good catch!

view photos

mag3737 says:

The album appears to be in order now. Jane I hope the OP sent you a cup of coffee or something.

view photos

J3 Hong Kong says:

I have to say that you guys are the business and the real deal, I would never have caught this, a year ago I was using plates and not plate and ended up changing all of them to PLATE, so to me the description looked fine!!

I feel like a bit of an idiot now, I have corrected the mistake and everything of course works fine

I can't thank you enough for helping me out and saving me from digging an even deeper hole

Again, thanks guys - brilliant

Jamie

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads