Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 13 minutes ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load
Latest: 30 minutes ago
Photo count incorrect
Latest: 2 hours ago
Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload
Latest: 3 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Frozen Views Count
Latest: 5 hours ago
Password works on iOS but not on PC?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Android App: Random Logouts
Latest: 13 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 13 hours ago
No photos in my account
Latest: 15 hours ago
Uploading to Albums
Latest: 21 hours ago
Flickr not allowing me to continue to use Paypal (which is linked to a credit card).
Latest: 26 hours ago
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Linking to Twitter via Sharing & Extending isn't working

Kaishen.Cooper says:

Hello all, I have done multiple searches on this issue and have seen a few threads on it, but they've all been closed with no answers that worked for me.

I am trying to connect my Twitter account so that I may share my photos there when they're posted here, but whenever I go to flickr.com/account/sharing and click "Connect" next to Twitter, it opens a popup for a split second, I see the blue/magenta balls spin a couple of times, then it gets redirected back to flickr.com/account with no confirmation or any other feedback. When I return to the Sharing & Extending tab, Twitter still says "Connect".

I have tried disabling firewalls, antivirus, reinstalling browsers, I even installed Windows 10 on an older laptop that I had sitting around, just to try it on a freshly installed system and no luck. I tried 4 different browsers on PC and 3 different browsers on Android. The same thing happens on all of them; It acts like it's working, but you get no confirmation, and it just redirects to the main account page.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really want to get this working so that I can share my photos more easily with friends and family without having to copy/paste links to photo pages.

Thanks in advance!
Posted at 12:02PM, 6 April 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 6 days ago.

view photos

Petersrockypics says:

Kaishen.Cooper:

Same here, each time i click "connect", the page gets refreshed and the "account settings" - "personal information" page opens.
using win pc with opera.
I have contacted support about this issue.
help.flickr.com/contact
Edit to include "contact us"
Posted 7 days ago. ( permalink | reply )
Petersrockypics edited this topic 7 days ago.

view photos

Kaishen.Cooper says:

Petersrockypics:

Thanks! I don't know if I can contact support, not being a Pro member, yet. Even if I could, I'm sure I might have to wait a while for a response, and I don't want to clog up the queue. ;)

view photos

NoChanceMatey says:

"I don't know if I can contact support, not being a Pro member"
You can contact support using the link provided above, not being pro just means that You may have to wait a couple of days to get a response.

view photos

Petersrockypics says:

Other than the automated response, and despite being pro, using primary mail, I have yet to receive any support.
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Kaishen.Cooper:

Members no longer need to connect their third party accounts through their account settings. Instead, you can share your content directly by clicking the share icon on your photo (or album) page.

We realize the “Sharing & Extending” tab in your account settings can be a bit confusing & we’re working to make this more clear for everyone.

Petersrockypics:

Apologies for the delay. I can now see that my colleague, Becki, has responded to your support ticket.

Thanks!
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Petersrockypics says:

R L Catlow:

Thanks to Becki for showing Me the light. !!
Being able to just hit the share button is actually far better for Me, i can easily pop them across using my phone, happy days. ;-D
Posted 5 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads