Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Updated March 31st] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 36 hours ago
[No Action Required] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 5 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 10 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load
Latest: 14 minutes ago
Photo count incorrect
Latest: 2 hours ago
Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload
Latest: 3 hours ago
Description link?
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Frozen Views Count
Latest: 4 hours ago
Password works on iOS but not on PC?
Latest: 5 hours ago
Android App: Random Logouts
Latest: 12 hours ago
Photos don't show up in albums
Latest: 12 hours ago
No photos in my account
Latest: 14 hours ago
Uploading to Albums
Latest: 21 hours ago
Flickr not allowing me to continue to use Paypal (which is linked to a credit card).
Latest: 26 hours ago
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Investigating] Groups take a very long time to load

A. LEVITSKY says:

Since yesterday evening, the drop-down list of my groups in the groups to add window has been loading for a very long time. Pay attention to this problem. Until recently, the list appeared almost instantly.
Posted at 12:59AM, 8 April 2021 PDT ( permalink | reply )
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 12 hours ago.

view photos

Marta "999 Photos" Wojtkowska says:

A. LEVITSKY:

Loading 4K groups can take some time...
Posted 6 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Cliff Jones Photographs says:

Today loading groups is very, very slow

view photos

Viejito says:

Cliff Jones Photographs:

Today loading groups is very, very slow
Correction: Today loading groups, if you have thousands of them, is very, very slow.

view photos

A. LEVITSKY says:

Today and yesterday, something slows down the download. It's not that I have thousands of groups (until yesterday, the list appeared instantly). I am the admin of 21 groups and these groups in the window I wait for a few minutes when I invite someone's photo to my groups.

view photos

Jeffrey Balfus (thx for 8 Million views) says:

Painful slow to load groups. MY internet speed is over 900 mbps, so it's not a problem with the internet. Makes it very difficult to participate in groups.

I have about 800 groups.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Viejito says:

Jeffrey Balfus (thx for 8 Million views):

I have about 800 groups.
Your profile disagrees. It says you have 2,154 groups, and they load relatively quick here.
Posted 3 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

A. LEVITSKY says:

I wrote to HELP about this problem. Nothing sensible was answered. This slowdown is only 5-6 days, before that the download was almost instantaneous. Maybe it's all the same the effect of their updates to the notification node or something else. This has happened more than once before, then everything returned to normal. The vicious circle of the abstract network ...
Posted 2 days ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

hkavas says:

I think it is not related with number.I have only one group and it takes also too much time to load.

view photos

A. LEVITSKY says:

hkavas:

That's right! I deleted more than a hundred groups yesterday - nothing changes or accelerates. This is a site brake, the reasons should be found out by engineers, to link all their updates with a test run of all site functions . Apparently this is not in the tradition of the staff.

view photos

cnmark says:

hkavas:

I have only one group

According to your profile you have 814 groups.

Anyway, I do have just short of 1,000 and it does not load slow.
Posted 35 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

A. LEVITSKY says:

cnmark:

And you think that with less than 1000 groups, it works quickly - this is normal for the site!? Why then join groups at all, if the Flickr power has stopped pulling this load ? This is not an excuse!!!
Posted 35 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

A. LEVITSKY:

For me your 3430 groups took 38 seconds to load.

(And 15 seconds to unload.)

My own 113 groups loaded instantaneously.

(Vivaldi browser on Windows 10 latest.)
Posted 30 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Viejito says:

Same here.
's 3,431 groups took 27 seconds to load.
My own 378 groups loaded instantly.
Posted 28 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Hi all,

Thanks for flagging.

Our engineers are investigating this. We will update this thread as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!
Posted 12 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Ulster1916 says:

My TWO GROUPS load instantly!
Posted 11 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

A. LEVITSKY says:

Today my loading is even slower ... My groups are 21, 3800 in total. It has nothing to do with it. The Twitter slowdown happened much earlier; here in Russia, group downloads were just "flying". The crash happened a few days ago at the end of last week.
Posted 10 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

A. LEVITSKY:

Today my loading is even slower

But what do you call "slow" ?

Do you need to wait longer than respectively the 38 and 27 seconds mentioned in two earlier comments?
Posted 8 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mcnod says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

But what do you call "slow" ?

A. LEVITSKY:
Until recently, the list appeared almost instantly.

A. LEVITSKY:
This slowdown is only 5-6 days, before that the download was almost instantaneous.
A. LEVITSKY:
I am the admin of 21 groups and these groups in the window I wait for a few minutes

view photos

mcnod says:

As I understand it, it's not the total number of groups that is in question, rather it is how long the number of administrated groups takes to load when the OP and others want to invite an image to one of their managed groups ...

view photos

A. LEVITSKY says:

mcnod:

Exactly right! I have been waiting for my 21 groups for a long time when inviting any photo. I didn’t count by the stopwatch, but visually and by sensations, it lasts for about a minute. Previously, the list of groups appeared in 15-20 seconds.

view photos

Robin Shepperson says:

Same here in Berlin, Germany.

view photos

A. LEVITSKY:

I didn’t count by the stopwatch, but visually and by sensations, it lasts for about a minute. Previously, the list of groups appeared in 15-20 seconds.

I see.

Waiting makes everything last for ages. And "sensations" can lie but the stopwatch never does.

Which is why I (sort of) encouraged you to follow my example and check with stopwatch...

By the way, did you try a different browser, just for comparison's sake ?

Using Edge browser your 3430 groups took 20 seconds to load, with Firefox 18.

BTW, which browser are you using? Are you running any scripts or extensions which could slow down your computer (assuming your complaint concerns loading times on a computer....)
Posted 5 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

A. LEVITSKY says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

I always work only in the Yandex browser! Firefox is not popular with us and for a long time I have already worked in it with Flickr. About 5 years ago it was fast, then slowly deadly. I deleted it. In general, what does it matter !? The site should work successfully in all browsers without a difference. Now Flickr works fast enough for me, I have no complaints, but this function of slow loading of my groups is depressing.
Posted 4 hours ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

mag3737 says:

A. LEVITSKY:

The site should work successfully in all browsers without a difference.

While it's true that any web site should do that, it is also practically and effectively impossible for any company without a near-unlimited software/R&D budget to accomplish. One must make sometimes difficult compromises to the level of support one can provide.

Btw, my comment is meant in general, and may or may not have direct implication/applicability to the specific topic of this thread.
Posted 14 minutes ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads