Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 1 week ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 6 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 11 months ago

Current Discussion

After deleting picture, it is still available on
Latest: 64 minutes ago
[BUG]: Blocked person wrote to me using comment
Latest: 90 minutes ago
[Resolved] Explore temporarily down
Latest: 2 hours ago
Admin Scripts
Latest: 2 hours ago
Problem uploading to new second account
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Investigating] No groups appear!!!
Latest: 4 hours ago
Geotagging incorrect
Share Photo Broken?
Tags not indexing
Latest: 7 hours ago
Filter search by most recent in mobile app?
Latest: 8 hours ago
Are Collections readily visible to visitors?
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Investigating] Is Flickr Photo broken?
Latest: 10 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Photo taken date is automatically changed to uploaded date during upload

andreea_fd says:

I have just uploaded 117 out of thousands of photos I need to upload. Each and every one of them appears to be taken today, though they are all taken over a year ago, on different dates. I now have to go through each photo manually and update the taken date while checking the actual taken dates on my phone. I don't have enough lifetimes to do so for all the thousands of photos I have yet to upload. Are there solutions to this?

In the past, Flickr has uploaded photos with the correct date taken information. Only videos do not show the correct date, but those are far fewer, so I don't mind correcting the dates manually.
Posted at 6:33PM, 13 April 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

Since we cannot see your originals (or photos in general), it is going to be a guess. But have you checked the date taken is not removed from photos in your workflow before uploading?
Flickr can only show date taken if the data is available in exif-information of uploaded original.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

andreea_fd says:

Thank you. I don’t know how to check whether data is being removed during the upload process. It’s not an option I’m choosing (I only just set them as private). How would I check this setting? I’m uploading in Safari rather than using the Flickr app because the app balloons in size very quickly and eats up all remaining memory on my phone.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

andreea_fd:

No, it is not Flickr settings I'm thinking about.
If I understand you right, you are uploading via mobile browser Safari using the webuploader?
What do you do BEFORE that. Do you do any editing of the photos first? F.ex. downscaling photos using some app?

view photos

andreea_fd says:

Yes, you are correct. I'm using Safari on iPhone. I don't edit the photos in any way before uploading. The only thing I'm doing differently than before (when the date taken was correct) is that I'm uploading via the browser rather than via the Flickr app. I might have to go back to using the app, which I have to uninstall and reinstall frequently because it balloons in size after a few uploads. Thanks a lot for trying to help.

view photos

Viejito says:

Let’s hope staff takes a look.
They, at least, are able to take a look.
We can see nothing.

view photos

mag3737 says:

I have to uninstall and reinstall frequently because it balloons in size after a few uploads

I am just barely a mobile phone user at all, let alone of the Flickr app, so I have a general question about this statement, directed not to the OP here, but to anyone knowledgeable about mobile phones. What phenomenon is this referring to? What does it mean that an app balloons in size?

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

Some answers here, about apps increasing in size :

www.google.com/search?q=app+on+my+phone+grows+bigger+&amp...

view photos

mcnod says:

mag3737:

What phenomenon is this referring to?

www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157658600483562/

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

andreea_fd:

Do you have one of newer iphones shooting in heif format instead of jpg?

I don't have any Apple products. So I'm not an expert on that, but very much in doubt how exif/meta-data is handled/supported in heif format.
Stig Nygaard edited this topic 5 weeks ago.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads