Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 8 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 14 months ago

Current Discussion

Again I can't see no pictures from nobody!
Latest: 3 minutes ago
How do I post in the "Ideas" thread?
Latest: 88 minutes ago
How to post a question
Latest: 2 hours ago
Mapping problem: Yellowstone National Park missing?
Latest: 3 hours ago
Login nightmare . . .
Latest: 5 hours ago
[Investigating] Error when I try to add tags in Batch editing
Latest: 5 hours ago
Extreme bias in moderation bot
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Site is slow again
Latest: 7 hours ago
There was an error and photos were not saved
Latest: 12 hours ago
[Investigating] non Flickr members can't see my pics
Latest: 12 hours ago
Replacing photos
Latest: 13 hours ago
Cant remeber login
Latest: 27 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] No email confirmation of comments.

MixPix  says:

I have been using Flickr for many years with the same email address and user name. However over the last couple of months I am not receiving any confirmation emails of comments left on my photos. I have messaged Flickr support twice and they say they are working on it. This has now been several weeks. I don't see any advantage of pro membership if there is no tangible benefit such as this. Anyone else with the same problem? Seems that the increase in pro membership some months ago is somewhat coincidental? Glad to hear from anyone.
Posted at 6:05AM, 12 June 2021 PDT ( permalink )
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 3 weeks ago.

view photos

aussiegypsy_Katherine, NT says:

Yes I've just been checking if my settings weren't right as am finding the same issue. Thought I must have somehow accidentally blocked these notifications in my email app.
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

MixPix  says:

At the moment I feel there is very little interest in this issue by the site admin. They were quick to increase the pro subscription premium but slow to try to solve this. It you write to them and complain all you get is the standard answer which is not good enough. I guess the only recourse is to not renew the pro membership which will hurt their pocket. Come my anniversary date that's what I will do.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

MixPix :

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue.

I can see you have been in contact with Doug, a member of our support team. He has filed a bug report that is with our engineers, who are actively looking into this issue.

aussiegypsy_Katherine, NT:

Shooting over an email now to grab some more information.

Thanks!

view photos

JurgenMaassen says:

Same problem here, not getting any notifications for a few days now.

Best, Jurgen.
Posted 4 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

MixPix  says:

I have just contacted admin once more to reiterate my irritation at not being informed of any progress. I find it astonishing that since the change in ownership the site has become quite indifferent to my/our problem. So I have given notice to NOT extending my pro membership beyond the anniversary date as the benefits are in my view dubious. I have enjoyed Flickr for many years but now feel, like many other things today, the great God Mammon takes preference!

view photos

MixPix  says:

Had a reply today stating that they are working on it and will reply as soon as possible. Will now give them one month more and then we'll see.

view photos

Jan Nagalski says:

I also have not received email notifications for the past two days.

view photos

Ildefonso Robledo says:

Me pasa lo mismo, cuando alguien deja un comentario en mis fotos ya no me envian los correos electronicos de aviso

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

JurgenMaassen:

Jan Nagalski:

Ildefonso Robledo:

Can I kindly ask the members not receiving email notifications to make contact with staff here. As this issue can only be fixed by a Flickr Staff member.

Thanks!
Posted 3 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

MixPix  says:

The fact that we are making comments in this thread means we have already been in touch with the support team and nothing seems to be happening. I have been waiting for over two months now for a solution and myself asking similarly affected members for their input seemed the logical thing to do. After all, what else can we do? Also I might add the list of members with this problem seems to be growing. And paying £50.00 per year pro subscription I would expect a little more satisfaction!

view photos

Jan Nagalski says:

Thanks to Dominique (staff member) for a quick response and fix to my problem. I am hoping that the fix will stick, and not be a recurring problem because this is one facet of Flickr that has never failed me over the years.
Thanks again Staff, especially Dominique.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Hi all,

To clarify there are two separate issues being reported here.

1. Not receiving email notifications for comments and faves on photos

As previously mentioned we do have a bug report filed with our engineers, and they are looking into this.

This is the issue that is affecting your email notifications:

MixPix :

Ildefonso Robledo:

Once we have any updates the Support Hero you are in contact with will update you.

2. - Not receiving any email notifications

This issue is usually down to the email provider or a spam complaint triggered from the users side.

Jan Nagalski:

JurgenMaassen:

I can see you have reached out to support and they have been able to fix this for you

As both of these issues can only be fixed by a Flickr Staff member, I am now closing this thread.

For any future members that are encountering either of these issues please make contact with staff here.

Thanks!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads