Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 8 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 14 months ago

Current Discussion

Again I can't see no pictures from nobody!
Latest: 5 minutes ago
How do I post in the "Ideas" thread?
Latest: 90 minutes ago
How to post a question
Latest: 2 hours ago
Mapping problem: Yellowstone National Park missing?
Latest: 3 hours ago
Login nightmare . . .
Latest: 5 hours ago
[Investigating] Error when I try to add tags in Batch editing
Latest: 5 hours ago
Extreme bias in moderation bot
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Site is slow again
Latest: 7 hours ago
There was an error and photos were not saved
Latest: 12 hours ago
[Investigating] non Flickr members can't see my pics
Latest: 12 hours ago
Replacing photos
Latest: 13 hours ago
Cant remeber login
Latest: 27 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

map doesn't show photos

Railfan-Eric says:

I am trying to see my train photos or other's photos on the map but nothing much shows up. and my stuff doesn't. It used too. I even tried searching for Pittsburg KS but it says nothing found so i had to zoom in manually to the location. I find it weird that searching for a city doesn't find the city even though it's on the map. What's the point of tedious geotagging and adding photos to the map when the map isn't reliable at showing the photos. even when it was working it was hit and miss when the photos showed up on the map. some zoom levels they show up and other zoom levels they don't.
Posted at 10:49PM, 12 June 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

cnmark says:

Your photos do show on the map, at least the 1,333 you have geotagged:
www.flickr.com/photos/railfan-eric/map
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Railfan-Eric says:

cnmark:

thanks for letting me know. Last night i refreshed the page multiple times and nothing showed up. Even when selecting everyone's uploads. I wonder if the map is buggy? I just checked again and the map still won't show anyones photos. I wish the map search controls wasn't in the middle of the map. They should be at the bottom of the screen not in the middle of the map. I hope the devs see this thread.

view photos

cnmark says:

Railfan-Eric:

Unfortunately updating the map feature is quite neglected - there has even been a staff reply somewhere on this forum stating that the map is "low priority" or similar.

view photos

Railfan-Eric says:

cnmark:

that's too bad. I am a map kind of person so I find it nice to see photos on the map. thankfully there's a railroad map website where it pulls trains pics from a certain train group on flickr and puts it to the railroad map.
railfanatlas.com/?x=-97.0219794&y=38.1877529&z=8

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads