Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 3 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 9 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 10 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 16 months ago

Current Discussion

New geofence not applicable to existing pics – geofenced area still visible...
Latest: 71 minutes ago
Recent Activity versus Notification Centre
Latest: 11 hours ago
Can we have the flickr-mail alerts back - purrrlease!
Latest: 13 hours ago
Flickr apps on IOS
Latest: 18 hours ago
Notification Alert (?)
Latest: 26 hours ago
Problem posting pictures opted out of 30/60 limits
Latest: 26 hours ago
Pictures aren't displayed.
Latest: 34 hours ago
"Let us know what you think."
Latest: 35 hours ago
Limitations of new Notifications page
Latest: 2 days ago
RSS Feed broken
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Random sets of pictures shown twice in the Feed
Downloading pictures
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Resolved] Bad pandas again...

Silanov says:

...all over the place.

Whatever I click, a bad panda is always between me and my target page. Does anybody else have the same problem?
Posted at 11:21AM, 9 June 2021 PDT ( permalink )
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

tarboat says:

Yes, getting sick of it.
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

kp-kp-kp says:

Hey everyone, I'm asking our engineers to look into this now. Thanks!

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Silanov:
tarboat:

Thanks again for reporting this. It looks like there was a temporary issue that has since been resolved. Please let us know if you're still encountering pandas, though!

view photos

tarboat says:

cabb88:

Still getting pandas I'm afraid. As an example when I do a search the results page flashes up for less than a second and is replaced with the panda page. If I then refresh the page I get the search results.

view photos

LaWendeltreppe (slow slow slow) says:

cabb88:

Pandas with every click, no matter what I do. I always have to re-new the website to get along.

view photos

♥ Annieta  busy says:

yes here too (NL), have to renew the page each time....ggrrrrr....

view photos

Jay Bees Pics says:

I'm seeing a lot of the Bad Panda too but mainly associated with groups. If I click to bring up my list of groups, I get the Bad Panda, if I update the Pending Queue in the groups I admin, I get the Bad Panda, if I click on a discussion thread, I get the Bad Panda etc, etc but when just viewing contacts photos, no problen at all!

ETA This is the message I get on the Bad Panda screen if it helps.

By Toyokazu
Bad, bad panda!
Come on. We want photos.
We’re aware of the problem and are fixing it. Thanks for your patience. 2021-06-11T11:35:59Z-e67b181e@client

view photos

Bruce Clarke says:

Had them for several days, they got better, now almost every click has to be refreshed, and then loads. In the UK. Getting very tedious.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

tarboat:

LaWendeltreppe (slow slow slow):

Jay Bees Pics:

Bruce Clarke:

Thanks for flagging.

I have alerted our engineers.

view photos

Tony Ethridge says:

When I do a search the results page flashes up for less than a second and is replaced with the BAD PANDA page. I have to refresh the page every time to get the search results. Very annoying.

view photos

Silanov says:

The Bad Pandas are still there, as far as I am concerned.

Could it be that this problem has something to do with the browser? I only get the Bad Pandas on Firefox, but not on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

PS: This is what the Panda page shows me: "2021-06-11T13:21:17Z-1bf6869e@client". I hope, it helps.

view photos

ChristianofDenmark says:

Bad Pandas when I open a photo - have to refresh every time. Same happens in the groups, when going to the next photo using my keyboard. Been like this for past 3 days. Using Firefox.

view photos

photo_el says:

I believe it has to do with the page trying to resize itself in the current window. So far I have only experienced this issue on Firefox.

If you click on any links, you will notice the page trying to resize itself in the current window. During the resize, it will 'crash' and cause the page to redirect to the Bad Panda. Image links in particular will show you the crash in progress during the resize.

However, if you open links in other tab without leaving your current window view, it will load fine.

view photos

hn. says:

Bad herds of pandas here too, using only Firefox.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

hn. says:

photo_el:

I believe it has to do with the page trying to resize itself in the current window. So far I have only experienced this issue on Firefox.

If you click on any links, you will notice the page trying to resize itself in the current window. During the resize, it will 'crash' and cause the page to redirect to the Bad Panda. Image links in particular will show you the crash in progress during the resize.

However, if you open links in other tab without leaving your current window view, it will load fine.

That's about my experience too, using Firefox.

view photos

Bud in Wells, Maine says:

Ditto here with Firefox, every time I click. Been this way for several days. Never had this problem before, and I've been using Firefox for years.

view photos

Jeƒƒ says:

Also using Firefox, and same behavior as others are experiencing. I don't notice any "re-sizing" going on though. Just panda after panda. Something was changed that apparently isn't compatible with Firefox...please figure out what that change was, and fix it.

Simultaneous with that appearing, I also notice that keyboard shortcuts aren't working... hitting "G" no longer opens the invite-to-group box. Seems like the code that handles that isn't loading, like pages are only partially loading after the panda appears and I reload.

view photos

Stu.Brown says:

Was happening to me, cleared the cache/cookies and restarted. No problem since.
Stu.Brown edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

tarboat says:

Stu.Brown:

Yes, cleared all Flickr cookies and logged in again and problem gone.

view photos

Omygodtom says:

That Dirty Rat Panda is starting to show up here in,Portland Oregon>USA<.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Hi everyone,
It looks like some of our members are seeing improvement when they clear their cache and cookies.

May I kindly ask anyone still experiencing pandas to try this. If you're unsure of how to clear your browser's cache and cookies, please take a look at the help articles below.

Clear Your Web Browser Cache on a Computer:
help.flickr.com/en_us/clear-your-web-browser-cache-on-a-c...

Clear Your Web Browser Cookies:
help.flickr.com/en_us/clear-your-web-browser-cookies-r1J6...

If you need further assistance, contact us directly here.

view photos

Silanov says:

Clearing Cache and Cookies on Firefox helped me. Seems like I am clean of Pandas again.

view photos

hn. says:

Hello, clearing cookies helped indeed, clearing cache didn't. When clearing cookies, i guess it's good to only clear Flickr cookies, not the whole bunch. Anyway you have to re-log-in, which isn't fun.

view photos

Bruce Clarke says:

Great, just clearing cookies for Flickr seems to have sorted it for me on Firefox.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Thanks for the updates! Looks like clearing cookies in this case is doing the trick.

Closing this particular incident as resolved--but if you continue to run into issues, please feel free to start a new thread or get in touch with staff directly:

help.flickr.com/contact

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads