Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
[Updated April 15] Beginning Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings
Latest: 3 days ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 8 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 14 months ago

Current Discussion

Again I can't see no pictures from nobody!
Latest: 29 minutes ago
How do I post in the "Ideas" thread?
Latest: 2 hours ago
How to post a question
Latest: 2 hours ago
Mapping problem: Yellowstone National Park missing?
Latest: 3 hours ago
Login nightmare . . .
Latest: 5 hours ago
[Investigating] Error when I try to add tags in Batch editing
Latest: 6 hours ago
Extreme bias in moderation bot
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] Site is slow again
Latest: 8 hours ago
There was an error and photos were not saved
Latest: 12 hours ago
[Investigating] non Flickr members can't see my pics
Latest: 13 hours ago
Replacing photos
Latest: 13 hours ago
Cant remeber login
Latest: 28 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

NOOB question

rayvermey says:

Hi i am new here and was wondering how i could search my own photos for different cameras i have.
I found a post where you create your own url.
That works, my camera fotos show up.
NOW i want to tag that search result but i can not see how i can select those fotos.
Any idea how i can do that?

Thanks!

Ray
Posted at 3:51AM, 14 June 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Viejito says:

The way I do this is by tagging my photos with the camera name. Tagging is meant to find specific photos more easily, but I see that your photos are not tagged at all.

If you wanted to tag your photos, it can be done in bulk in Organize(r).
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

rayvermey says:

Viejito:

Yes thanks but i want to tag the RESULTing photos of my search.
Like -search- , select all - Tag...

Ray

view photos

Viejito says:

Output depends on input.
No tags, no tag search, no result.

Not all of your photos even have camera info in the EXIF data. For the ones that do, you can find some photos taken with that camera if the name of the camera is a link, e.g. www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/powershot_sx50_hs/ but to find just yours you might need the API, which is not for NOOBs...

If you only used certain cameras during certain time frames, you could sort your photos by date taken, if that info is in the EXIF. If that is the case, Organize can help you tag them in batches.

view photos

rayvermey says:

Viejito:

Sorry but i don't think you understand my question.

I have a url for my camera: www.flickr.com/search/?q=+&w=192553792@N03&cm=son... (example) fill in your id behind w= and your camera behind cm= and you get your fotos taken with your given camera.
That works nicely,
BUT... NOW i want to TAG those foto's with say HX400V ... HOW do i do that?
THAT is my question ;-)

Thanks

Ray

view photos

Viejito says:

rayvermey:

Looks like I was still half asleep while replying to you above...
For a more knowledgeable reply you may have to wait until someone like ernstkers or mcnod drops by, or even a staff member...

view photos

rayvermey says:

Viejito:

Thanks! No problem.
Hope someone else can help.

Ray

view photos

mag3737 says:

The only way this will be possible is if there are some magic codes you can put in the search box inside the Organizr that will do something like searching by camera type. I don't remember hearing about any such codes before. Doesn't mean they don't exist, but it makes me pessimistic.

view photos

mcnod says:

rayvermey:

That works nicely

Thanks!! It nice to know that the URL hack I suggested four years ago still works in the modern era and that you found it useful.

rayvermey:
HOW do i do that?

I played with Tom's idea above for a while and came up empty. The only solution I see so far is to add the tag to each photo in the search return one page at a time. As Tom said, someone might be able to create a routine to automate this process. I am not that person.

view photos

rayvermey says:

mcnod:

You say one page at a time?
That something...
BUT HOW?
In the search i nowhere see a possibillity for tagging...
Can you show me how??

Ray

view photos

mag3737 says:

Sadly, I think he meant "go down each search results page and tag one photo at a time". But I'd be happy to be wrong.

view photos

mcnod says:

rayvermey:

Can you show me how??

I am assuming that you are accessing flickr with a computer. When you have a free hour redo your search. When the search returns a page with your 400+ images taken with the HX400V, click on the first photo, go to the lower half of the page and add the tag in the tag box (hit enter to lock it in). At this point you may want to "copy" the tag so that you can "paste" it into the tag box on all subsequent pages. Next use your "right arrow" on your keyboard to advance to the next image. Go down to the lower half of the page, paste the tag into the tag box, hit enter, hit the right arrow to advance. Soon you will be entering the tag quite quickly due to the repetitive nature of the exercise. It sucks to have to do it this way, but sadly, as Tom said, it's all I got right now.

view photos

rayvermey says:

mcnod:

Image by image?
Wow that hurts.........

But thank you for your detailed description.....

Ray

view photos

mcnod says:

rayvermey:

Wow that hurts.........

I know, all of us responding here knew. Personally, I skip tagging by camera type, I would use the search feature if I wanted to see a breakdown by camera. For some tags that you might want to add, you will be able to add them to groups of photos all at once using the Organizr or Camera Roll, but this will only apply when you can visually spot the images that need to be grouped from their thumbnails. Examples would be like "cat" or "dog", etc.. Good descriptive tags will help you with exposure if that is what you are seeking. It will also help you to manage your photostream for your own viewing needs. Albums are another good organizational tool that you should familiarize yourself with. If I were you, I might also consider photo titles and the description field as important, again, depending on your needs and hopes and vision for your account.

view photos

wildhareuk says:

rayvermey:

You do also have the option of tagging before you upload - there are many tools to help you do this - it may be easier to do this dependant upon how your local storage is organised. It also means that your images are permanently tagged where ever they go later. Tagging on Flickr doesn't really give you a separate backup of your tags.

You can of course tag images that you have uploaded already locally as well, then just update the image on Flickr.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads