Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 30 hours ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 10 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 15 months ago

Current Discussion

Is this a bug in the Feed?
Latest: 31 minutes ago
Do we keep the RSS feed for activity/notifications?
User links in notifications bug?
ignore
Latest: 3 hours ago
Is it Flickr? Users? or Is it Me? - Views & Comments vastly reduced.
Latest: 5 hours ago
[BUG?] For a same Photograph, Numbers of shots dispalyed different between Pool Justifed and Squar view (Admin view)
Latest: 5 hours ago
forum for constructive feedback on new notifications
Latest: 9 hours ago
totally confused by sunset happenings
Latest: 9 hours ago
Thumbnail problem
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Organizr still messing up album cover photos
Latest: 13 hours ago
Uploading
Latest: 14 hours ago
Can't follow flickr accounts?
Latest: 15 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Album View Count question

ian_woodhead1 says:

I have a couple of family members that access albums solely for family. They have visited my page a number of times and the photos within the album reflect fairly accurately the view count. However despite accessing the albums all these albums still have a view count of 0.
Is this a case for all family albums and only public albums receiving view counts or a fault in the system.

Tried searching previous view count posts without success.

Thanks for your assistance

Ian
Posted at 7:45AM, 8 July 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

ernstkers says:

ian_woodhead1:

However despite accessing the albums all these albums still have a view count of 0.
Is this a case for all family albums and only public albums receiving view counts or a fault in the system.

No. An album view count is a view of the album page, not of photo's in an album. So if your family members don't visit first the album page before going to the photo pages, but e.g. go directly from your photostream to the photo pages, then no album view is counted.

Just to be clear:
- albums don't contain photo's, only pictorial links to photo's. Any photo can be in multiple albums, only one album or no album at all, while still be only once in your account.
- albums don't have privacy settings, only photo's have. So basically there are no "public albums" or "family albums". Any album can contain photo's with different privacy settings. What the viewer will see in an album (or in your photostream) are only the photo's (s)he is allowed to see.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

ian_woodhead1 says:

ernstkers:

Thanks for your reply ernstkers. I now understand the majority but I have confirmed that my family members are directly accessing the albums. The individual photos are 30 to 40 pages in on photo stream. So following your logic there is a fault as album visits not showing views

view photos

Richard Harvey UK says:

ian_woodhead1:

I just viewed your album Ice Falls and appear to have been it’s 1st viewer. Is this what you’re seeing?

view photos

ian_woodhead1 says:

Richard Harvey UK:

Thanks Richard, I am showing 3 views. I have had a family member go from family album to album and definitely not getting recorder

view photos

Richard Harvey UK says:

ian_woodhead1:

One for the bug list then, views may not be important in absolute numbers but the counter ought to work.

view photos

ian_woodhead1 says:

Richard Harvey UK:

Thank you Richard, I will drop staff an email

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads