Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 3 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 31 hours ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 10 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 15 months ago

Current Discussion

I cannot see pictures only comments and other details
Latest: 35 minutes ago
Is this a bug in the Feed?
Latest: 88 minutes ago
Do we keep the RSS feed for activity/notifications?
User links in notifications bug?
ignore
Latest: 4 hours ago
Is it Flickr? Users? or Is it Me? - Views & Comments vastly reduced.
Latest: 6 hours ago
[BUG?] For a same Photograph, Numbers of shots dispalyed different between Pool Justifed and Squar view (Admin view)
Latest: 6 hours ago
forum for constructive feedback on new notifications
Latest: 10 hours ago
totally confused by sunset happenings
Latest: 10 hours ago
Thumbnail problem
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Organizr still messing up album cover photos
Latest: 14 hours ago
Uploading
Latest: 15 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Removing photos in groups of non-members

Oscar Jaime says:

How can I remove the photos submitted to my group by non current members?
Posted at 5:51AM, 9 July 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Viejito says:

In bulk, you mean? All of them, automatically?
I do not think that can be done without scripts using the API...
But then I am not an expert...
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

If you want to remove single photos, just do as usual: from the group's photos pages click on the x in the top right corner of a photo you want to remove (it will appear when you hover your cursor over the photo).

If you want to remove all of a person's photos from the group: hover your cursor over one of their photos and click on the ellipsis (three dots) in the top right corner of the photo (it will be next to the x).
From the drop-down menu that will appear choose the option you want.

The above is when using a computer. If you're using a phone or tablet I have no idea, sorry.

Bear in mind that removing all of a person's photos in one go like this does not work in all groups - either it works or it does not, and it does not depend on the size of the group or how many photos or members it has. This has been a Flickr bug for many, many years now. I've worked with staff and fellow members to try to sort it out, but no luck.

view photos

Viejito says:

Nionyn_:

Sure, but I read OP’s request as such:

A whole lot of people, whose names I do not know, have joined the group over the years and left without removing their photos. What can I do to keep only the photos of people who are still in the group and remove all others in one fell swoop?...

I assumed that he knew about the X in the corner to remove individual photos or photos of an individual user.

view photos

mcnod says:

Viejito:

A whole lot of people, whose names I do not know, have joined the group over the years and left without removing their photos. What can I do to keep only the photos of people who are still in the group and remove all others in one fell swoop?...

This is what I thought as well. If it's the group I think it is, it's a tall order, although it could be worse.

. . . And then I thought, "What is a current member?". There are also going to be members that have, in reality, departed from flickr perhaps eons ago that never bothered to leave the group, so technically, they are members of the group but their flickr accounts are abandoned. And then there are those who were locked out of their accounts when they tried to log into flickr back in the dark days, and then they were denied getting their accounts back because they could not correctly answer the questions. These people are on the outside looking in. Man, I gave myself a headache just thinking about all of this, I have to go lie down a while.

view photos

mag3737 says:

mcnod:

There are also going to be members that have, in reality, departed from flickr perhaps eons ago that never bothered to leave the group, so technically, they are members of the group but their flickr accounts are abandoned.

I guess you mean "left Flickr in spirit", since if they have LEFT-left, their photos are gone from Flickr altogether.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads