Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 32 hours ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 10 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 15 months ago

Current Discussion

I cannot see pictures only comments and other details
Latest: 83 minutes ago
Is this a bug in the Feed?
Latest: 2 hours ago
Do we keep the RSS feed for activity/notifications?
Latest: 3 hours ago
User links in notifications bug?
Latest: 3 hours ago
ignore
Latest: 5 hours ago
Is it Flickr? Users? or Is it Me? - Views & Comments vastly reduced.
Latest: 7 hours ago
[BUG?] For a same Photograph, Numbers of shots dispalyed different between Pool Justifed and Square view (Admin view)
Latest: 7 hours ago
forum for constructive feedback on new notifications
Latest: 10 hours ago
totally confused by sunset happenings
Latest: 11 hours ago
Thumbnail problem
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Organizr still messing up album cover photos
Latest: 15 hours ago
Uploading
Latest: 15 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Bundling photos on the activity feed

emrold says:

When you make 1 photo public, it shows up on your followers' activity feeds alone. When you make 2 or 3 photos public, they show up bundled together. When you make more than 3 photos public, the first 3 show up in activity feeds in a bundle, with a +1 (or more) link to the rest.

Now, if you make another photo public within a certain amount of time, it gets added to the most recent "bundle" and potentially hidden behind that +1.

At what interval does Flickr "reset" the bundling timer? Is it one hour? Three?

I'm asking because sometimes I want to share a few small groups (bundles) of related images (usually 2-3 per bundle), but don't want the newer bundles to get hidden behind a +1 and never seen.

In my experience, photos "hidden behind a +1" get orders of magnitude less views than the ones that show up on the activity feeds.
Posted at 7:04AM, 11 July 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Viejito says:

You seem to need the help of that guy from Massachusetts who used Fibonacci numbers to increase the views on his images...

BTW, many of us totally ignore that landing page and just go to where we want to go.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

emrold:

I have always thought that there is not exactly a "timer" involved, but that it has to do with what exact times OTHER people are uploading photos that would appear in the same follower's feed.

Example: Suppose Viejito is following both you and me.
Suppose you upload 10 photos over the span of about a minute.
Suppose I upload 5 photos right in the middle of that minute, so that in Global Flickr Time 5 of yours came first, then mine, then the rest of yours.
What Viejito sees is: 5 photos of yours, then 5 photos of mine, then 5 photos of yours. Even though you uploaded all 10 of yours within a single minute.

If I'm right, there's really nothing you can do except open multiple accounts, alternate uploading 3 photos at a time to each of them, and then make sure that everyone who follows you follows both of you.

Note: I am one of those people who mostly ignores that page, so I am kinda just guessing based on a vague impression I got one of the few times I looked.

view photos

Silas Strangemind says:

I post 3 images every 35 minutes. To me, it seems the cutoff is 30 minutes so I add the 5 minutes to be sure.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads