Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 23 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 2 hours ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 8 hours ago
Gallery - What's this view of it ? (reply: Design before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.)
Latest: 11 hours ago
No New Notifications
Latest: 12 hours ago
How to see the see the most recent posts from all the people I follow
Latest: 17 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 18 hours ago
Why.
Latest: 18 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
Latest: 19 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 20 hours ago
Albums not always showing in uploader
Latest: 25 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Stealing Photos - 127 photos faved in a matter of minutes?

David C Mishalof says:

(name removed by Flickr Staff) Faved 127 of my photos in a few moments, not even enough time to look at the images that he was Faving. This was an Obvious attempt to grab as many of my images in as short a time as possible!

Flickr should LIMIT the number of Fav's any one party can make at a time, to prevent Stealing of images.

Yes most of my images are watermarked but that can easily be cropped away.

There is NO Good Reason for anyone to mechanically Fav 127 images in a matter of minutes!
Posted at 11:26AM, 25 July 2021 PDT ( permalink )
katie_ko (staff) edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

John Frattura says:

David C Mishalof:

If you block that person, your images will be removed from his faves, and he won't be able to fave any more of your images.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

1. It's considered bad form to call out people by name here. If you need to report a specific person you should do it directly to staff via the Help "contact us" page: help.flickr.com/contact

2. Faves doesn't necessarily mean stealing.

3. Too many faves is definitely annoying. But there are many other annoying habits on Flickr that should nevertheless NOT be restricted.

Just do what says.

view photos

jschumacher says:

David C Mishalof:

It is highly unlikely that someone would fave your photos if they wanted to steal them. That would be like a bank robber writing their demands on the back of their business card which they then hand to the teller. Instead, the person who did the faving is either very enthusiastic about your photos or is using a script to do the faving.

As John said blocking the person will prevent them from faving and commenting on your photos. Note that blocking someone does not prevent them from copying your photos. If a photo can be seen in a browser it can be copied. That’s just how the web works.

view photos

Walkuere123 says:

David C Mishalof:

My photostream too is experiencing a similar "faving spree" occasionally. I don't think that those individuals are stealing pictures, but It seems that they are using this as a tactic to direct attention to their own respective photostreams - which usually consist of a compilation of some artless "selfies" ...

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

Don’t spam

We do not tolerate spam, period. This includes, but is not limited to, excessive favoriting, excessive commenting, deceptive tagging, deceptive photo titles and descriptions, or resource abuse.

view photos

amazingstoker says:

I have a follower who faves a lot of my images then drops the faves typically after around 72 hrs, when I look at their faves they're faving around 60/min. most I saw someone doing a few years back was something like 200-300 a minute.

view photos

mag3737 says:

amazingstoker:

I was gonna say why bother to keep that follower, but upon reflection I probably wouldn't even bother with the effort to block them.

"Great shot" spammers, on the other hand ...

view photos

amazingstoker says:

mag3737:

wouldn't even bother with the effort to block them

I think that pretty much sums it up . . . animated graphic comments on the other hand . . .

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Hi,
We appreciate everyone's input around excessive favoriting.

As mentioned excessive favoriting is a violation of our "don't spam" guideline. This guideline specifically calls out excessive favoriting and resource abuse. With that said, community members may report this via our contact form here and by selecting T&S in the dropdown.

view photos

Bruce Adler says:

How does faving a picture allow the image to be stolen?
On my account, I've disabled downloading but now I'm curious if I need to take any other security measures..

view photos

wildhareuk says:

Bruce Adler:

I think that the OP might have misunderstood the faving process. Stealing images doesn't have anything to do with faving.

view photos

SJH Foto says:

I know this idea is not going to be implemented, but I do not agree about it being "bad form to call out people by name here" I think such people should be publicly shamed as well as permanently blocked from flickr with someway of ensuring that they can't make another account. People who fav as a means of spam, and/or perverts should be punished severely. But again, I know this won't happen (This isn't even really a jab at flickr-it seems that this kind of thing is all but universal)

view photos

conall.. says:

SJH Foto:

if flickr were to allow/encourage calling out people in help forum it would just get crazy (especially if you are calling them perverts!). Discouraging naming and staff redacting names in accusatory posts is the only way the HF will work.

view photos

conall.. says:

conall..:

your most recent 3 pictures are all tagged with "girls" and "teens" - this will def encourage a certain type of viewer to find them and fave the images I would have thought

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads