Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
Latest: 21 minutes ago
panda........
Latest: 41 minutes ago
Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 88 minutes ago
Resume writing service in Canada
Latest: 2 hours ago
"You have no public photos."
Latest: 3 hours ago
Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 3 hours ago
New Notification Center IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ALL MEMBERS
Latest: 4 hours ago
Flickr not working on Samsung smart TV web browser.
Latest: 8 hours ago
Notifications -- why do I see several copies of the same comment
Latest: 12 hours ago
Groups sorted by # of topics?
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Notifications - not showing older than 2hrs
Latest: 18 hours ago
Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 22 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Views when clicked on an image in the photo stream

Glenn Losack M.D. says:

i set up a temporary Wix website.

linked the first few photos to the Flickr page associated with that same photo.

i had a friend click on the first image from his iPhone several times from this site

glosack.wixsite.com/losack1/heaven.

are views registered from an external website with a photo
that is linked to a FLICKR image, here " the lady and the cow " ?

does it take time for views to register?

am i not understanding how this works? must the image be clicked on directly from the website itself to register as a view, i.e. cannot be linked from an external source?

thank you very much as always.
Posted at 8:15AM, 31 July 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Viejito says:

Looks to me like your site copies the images to its servers, instead of loading them from Flickr each time the page is viewed, so no views would register unless one clicks on the link to go to the Flickr page.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Glenn Losack M.D. says:

hi Viejito

let me understand this. so " your sites " you mean the WIX account?

"unless one clicks on the link"- the image is linked to the flickr image from the wix page. it opens up the FLICKR image.

could you please explain this thank you

view photos

Viejito says:

Take e.g. this image: www.flickr.com/photos/glosackmd/3545006660/

When I went to the wixsite earlier, I seem to remember that the photo on that site linked to the flickr page, but now it does not even link: it just shows a larger version.

The location of the image it opens is not
live.staticflickr.com/65535/3545006660_27a353ddcc_c.jpg but
static.wixstatic.com/media/bfecdc_a8b2c5a06e3d46979d5e740...
No link to a flickr image, so no image count on flickr.

The only thing on the wix page that links to your flickr account is the little flickr logo at the top of the page.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Has this changed within the past while?

What I see now (90 minutes after Viejito's comment) is the first 3 images (across the top row) on the Wix site are links to Flickr pages, and the rest are just (link-less) images that are hosted on wixstatic.com.

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

mag3737:

What I see now (90 minutes after Viejito's comment) is the first 3 images (across the top row) on the Wix site are links to Flickr pages, and the rest are just (link-less) images that are hosted on wixstatic.com.

My finding too.

The top three images correctly link back to the Flickr photo page, but the images lower down (that I checked) just show my mouse pointer, thus are unclickable, instead of the white gloved hand, indicating an active link.

view photos

Viejito says:

Same here — three linking — now, and five hours ago, but three hours ago none linked to the flickr page here.

The thumbnails of those three, however, are not pulled from flickr, but stored on the wix server.

The plot thickens...

view photos

Glenn Losack M.D. says:

no plot i just left it alone for now.
i was going to work on the entire site linking each photo to FLICKR but not if there is no view count when someone clicks on the WIX photo and then sees the FLICKR photo.
thanks for your attention paid to this.

Again i ask the same question:
when you click on the photos ( any of the first three ) will i get a view counted.

if i am linking the photo in question on WIX and it opens up in FLICKR
on someone else's computer will that produce a count / a view??? thats all im asking? again thanks. gl

view photos

John Frattura says:

Glenn Losack M.D.:

i was going to work on the entire site linking each photo to FLICKR but not if there is no view count when someone clicks on the WIX photo and then sees the FLICKR photo.

You will get a view if clicking on the wix image brings up it's flickr page. You just won't get a view from the copy or thumbnail stored on wix.

So if someone views a thumbnail on wix - that equals no "view". If someone clicks on that wix image, and are taken to that photostream image on Flickr, then you will get a view.

I assume that is what you meant by the above dialog.

view photos

John Frattura says:

So I went to the wix image linked to at the top of the page. I clicked on "the lady and the cow". It went to your Flickr page. You should receive a "view". Earlier you asked if there is a delay in receiving those views, and the answer is usually yes, usually less than an hr. However there have been reports in the last cpl of weeks of views not updating properly (for instance until someone faves or comments on the image). Hopefully that will be fixed.

But yes, you should receive views.

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

John Frattura:

However there have been reports in the last cpl of weeks of views not updating properly (for instance until someone faves or comments on the image). Hopefully that will be fixed

I clicked on the image to the right of the "The Lady and the Cow", I was taken to the Flickr photo page - the view count was 5,924.
Back to Wix, back to Flickr, anyway, I went back and forth some five times but there was no change in views. Until I faved the image, and then the view count jumped to 5,929

view photos

John Frattura says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

I remember mcnod reporting that a cpl weeks ago. I guess it hasn't been fixed yet. Or maybe your findings simply represent a normal amount of delay.

view photos

mcnod says:

John Frattura:

I remember mcnod reporting that a cpl weeks ago

;-)

view photos

Glenn Losack M.D. says:

thank you John and Mabel so so much
appreciate the time and help

GL

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads