Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 4 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

why my safe photos are beeing restriced by the bot?
Latest: 2 hours ago
Cannot Download Photos from Web Browser on iPhone
Latest: 5 hours ago
Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 8 hours ago
iOS Flickr App
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Identified] No pictures photostrip or else!
Latest: 20 hours ago
Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 21 hours ago
[BUG] The "photos not in a set" filter isn't working in Organizr
Latest: 22 hours ago
photos being stolen?
Latest: 23 hours ago
Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 25 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Notifications - not showing older than 2hrs
Latest: 25 hours ago
[Resolved] cannot cancel Pro
Latest: 26 hours ago
Latest: 30 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Renewal price

photo.storey says:

Hi

I am on a two-year plan which ends next month. I'm aware that the two year plans are no longer being offered, and that the longest subscription I can take out is one year.

Last night I received the renewal email from flickr, saying that I will be automatically put on an annual plan, at £4.87.

www.flickr.com/photos/35233074@N04/51336770869/in/datepos...

That is unbelievably good value, eh?!

Of course, when I logged in and checked account payment options, that is a monthly charge, not an annual charge. I realised the email contained an error.

But it is misleading selling - some people newish to flickr might think that they are getting a year for that amount, when in fact their card is going to be charged it every month.

Please correct your email, flickr!
Posted at 3:18AM, 26 July 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

abstractartangel77 says:

photo.storey:My Annual Pro Renewal in March this year was £55.88.
So your £4.87 Monthly plan would come to £58.44 a year (though I don't know if you'd pay VAT on that).
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

Thanks for flagging-- and sorry for the confusion this caused!

As you’ve mentioned, the pricing listed in the email is (unfortunately) incorrect.

This error in pricing communication seems to be affecting a small number of folks who are migrating to our new payment processor.

Our system inadvertently created a “mashup” of information from the existing subscription (monthly) & the updated upcoming subscription (annual).

Sorry again for any confusion this caused-- and if you’d like to follow up with our Support team, we’ll be happy to further discuss the details of your particular subscription.

view photos

photo.storey says:

Thanks for explaining.
And for the offer of help - though I think I'm sorted, now, thank you.

My account would've automatically defaulted to monthly payments next month, but I've changed it to a one year subscription.

Regards, Louise

abstractartangel77: thanks for info. At the moment it's saying that my annual subscription will be about £42, though it seems to fluctuate depending on the exchange rate between the dollar and the pound.
BTW, I love the budgie pics!

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads