Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 20 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 16 months ago

Current Discussion

Notifications: how to read multiple comments?
Latest: 24 minutes ago
[Investigating] No pictures photostrip or else!
Latest: 35 minutes ago
Sharing Album
Latest: 47 minutes ago
Releasing an alias/URL if the original member seems to no longer be active?
Latest: 2 hours ago
cannot cancel Pro
Latest: 4 hours ago
iPhone video quality question
Latest: 6 hours ago
What's with searching your own photo's?
Latest: 7 hours ago
Replace a photo - non functional
Change order of photos in an album
Photos not showing up
Latest: 22 hours ago
Getting 1 Year Pro subscription is not possible
Latest: 29 hours ago
Share icon no longer appearing
Latest: 2 days ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Photos not removed from blocked user's fave stream

StevenM_61 says:

Yesterday I blocked someone who faved several of my photos after I checked his fave stream and saw photos I found inappropriate. The faved photos continued to appear in my recent activity page but I remember that it can take minutes for them to clear. Today I checked my recent activity page and the photos that the blocked user faved are still appearing.
Posted at 3:47PM, 31 July 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

No chance there could have been any other kind of activity triggering this?

If you're interested in checking whether this is repeatable, I could fave a photo of yours and you could block me. I don't think I have any other photos of yours faved so this would not affect anything on my side.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mcnod says:

StevenM_61:

Today I checked my recent activity page and the photos that the blocked user faved are still appearing.

. . . but are the images really still among that users faved images? Your recent activities will show that the user faved your images, recent activites may not show that you blocked the user and that the images have been removed from his favs. Did you go to that user's favs again to see if your photos are still there?

view photos

John Frattura says:

While not the exact same thing, 3 years ago I reported faves not disappearing, even though they should have disappeared several days prior to actually disappearing. I think it was related just to the cache taking a long time to catch up.

www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157699794051291/

view photos

Kat-Renee Kittel says:

StevenM_61:

I'm having the exact same issue. I even cleared all the cache and cookies on my computer. However still the same issue no matter what computer I use to check. His name is still listed in faves for this photo, but I cannot find the photo in his favorites.

I just had someone fave about 20 of my pictures that I needed to block due to the provocative nature of his other faves and groups belonging to. I took them out manually after searching several pages of faves. Now he is blocked, but I didn't trust letting the block take the faves out.

view photos

StevenM_61 says:

I checked the blocked user's fave stream and my photos appear to be gone, but my notifications are still unchanged.

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

StevenM_61:

Thanks for the update!

We believe we found the issue here-- if anyone is still running into this, please try blocking the member again to see if the issue persists.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads