Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 17 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 4 hours ago
[solved]How can I stop this spam?
Latest: 6 hours ago
Intermittent issue when loading picture and either Albums or Groups is not functioning
Latest: 7 hours ago
Editor
Latest: 8 hours ago
Flickr pro pricing survey
Latest: 9 hours ago
Please, help! I'm not receiving any email notification about activity on my account.
Latest: 10 hours ago
search.
Latest: 12 hours ago
Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
[Duplicate] Pictures not showing up today?
notifactions going crazy
Latest: 18 hours ago
upload error
Latest: 19 hours ago
Cast your photos from Flickr APP on Android or iPhone to Chromecast/device
Latest: 19 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity link not working properly

sdttds says:

Seems Ok for "All" tab, but only shows 1 or 2 under "Activity on my photos."
Posted at 11:09AM, 12 August 2021 PST ( permalink )
Melanie0426 (staff) edited this topic 4 months ago.

view photos

StarlightHope says:

My Recent Activity is totally out of order (in Sweden btw).
I see every photo I have ever commented on.
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

sdttds says:

Hello? Staff? Response?

view photos

sdttds says:

Additionally, the "Next" button doesn't work, so I can only the the one picture with the most recent activity.

view photos

mag3737 says:

sdttds:

Hello? Staff? Response?

You are a frequent user of this forum. Therefore you should already know:

1. This forum is not the official way to contact staff. Sure, they reply in here sometimes, but not with any expectation of regularity (or even of any reply at all).

2. The link to contact staff directly is: help.flickr.com/contact

view photos

call2jamespaul says:

Some times it works fine.

view photos

sdttds says:

mag3737: It actually lets staff know that more than one person is having the same problem.

On the plus side, I can actually see activity on four (count 'em four) whole pictures today.!

view photos

mcnod says:

sdttds:

It actually lets staff know that more than one person is having the same problem.

seems to me staff is actively monitoring this similar still open thread:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157719672545467/

view photos

mag3737 says:

sdttds:

It actually lets staff know that more than one person is having the same problem.

I was not referring to your bug report so much as your passive-aggressive "Hello? McFly???" response a short time later.

view photos

sdttds says:

mag3737:

Ah, but the aggression is on your part, Mr. Mindreader. There's just a general frustration with the lack of communication. For example look at this thread, which is acknowledged:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157719666352547/

Dozens of bug reports and nothing from staff for days.

Frankly I'm tired of the folks who cut down the frustrated paying customers instead of the poor service by Flickr. This is, after al the "Help Forum." I guess expecting help at the help forum is too much to expect?

view photos

Viejito says:

sdttds:

Dozens of bug reports and nothing from staff for days.
Problems can take several days to solve. Do you expect staff to post
«Still looking!...» every day until there is a solution?

Also, a missing activity report is not exactly of the same urgency as a lack of water, air, electricity or wi-fi...

view photos

sdttds says:

Viejito:

No, but I expect acknowledgement of problem reports. Don't you hsave anything better to do than to troll people reporting problems?

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

sdttds:
Thanks for flagging this issue with the Recent Activity page.

I am sorry for the confusion, we just realized now that this thread is in reference to the "Recent Activity" and not the activity feed. We will be leaving this thread open. I will also be in contact with each member that is affected directly for more information.

As mentioned, we do have an open thread that members have been reporting a similar issue, where we are monitoring. Please post in the following thread so we may provide updates to everyone affected:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/72157719672545467/

This is a reminder that this is a member to member forum. While other members here are often able to provide possible solutions, if you need to get in touch with staff directly, you can do so using the contact form. Lastly, please keep conversations constructive and on topic as discussed in our Community Guidelines.

Closing this thread as it's a duplicate.

Melanie0426 (staff) edited this topic 4 months ago.

view photos

grannie annie taggs says:

It is still not working. Please contact me too

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

grannie annie taggs:

Hi there,

I am sending over an email to see if I can help out.

Thanks!

view photos

sdttds says:

Thanks for acknowledging, but I have yet to be contacted.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

sdttds:

I am sorry you have not received the email, I sent the email on 8/16. Please check your all your inboxes including SPAM for this email. The subject of the email is Flickr Help Forum Post: Recent activity link not working properly.

view photos

sdttds says:

Nothing in any folder

view photos

R L Catlow:

I haven't received an email

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

Melanie0426:

My "Next" button works. It used to have a series of page numbers that we can skip to.

Regards.

view photos

Viejito says:

grannie annie taggs:

I haven't received an email
Make sure you look in the inbox, the junk mail folder and the deleted items folder of the account you use to log in.

view photos

antonychammond says:

I still can't access my recent activity link and so can't acknowledge comments and favourites. Hopefully the bug willbe sorted out soon!

view photos

SJH Foto says:

My recent activity is very messed up as well.

view photos

SJH Foto says:

sdttds:

mag3737:

I too have noticed that some people in this forum are quick to put down those who have legitimate concerns. I also have this frustrating-why do this? Why not let the flickr staff start working on problems, and yes, why not call them to acknowledge the problem?

I have to agree with sdttds on this

view photos

Viejito:

Thank you I did find it, I acted upon it, I removed caches but it still doesn't work

view photos

Viejito says:

As part of Flickr’s new notification scheme — not rolled out to everyone yet — they are currently messing with the Recent Activity, so some strange happenings can be expected...

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157718447996213/7215771...

view photos

sdttds says:

Still nothing received from Staff

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

My recent activity is still not showing anything beyond the last few hours of today, and I have it set to show 7 days worth of activity. Starting acting up yesterday.

view photos

Keith now in Wiltshire says:

Another aspect is that there is only a 'comment' button available and no means to hide the entries on the Recent Activity pages. This has been the case for over 24 hours now.

view photos

I have tried to report this on the Flickr Help Center twice but on each occasion it simply reports "Error submitting form. Please try again". Therefore I am adding that report here:

"I understand from the Help Forum you are already aware of some issues here: "[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity link not working properly". However, the above status report on the Help Center states that All Sytems Operational while I still have errors.

Activity on my photos only returns one record. On this one and Replies to my comments there is only a button to Add a comment and no longer any means to Mute records."

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

sdttds:

I can see that Melanie tried reaching out multiple times, but it sounds like you haven't received her emails.

Can I kindly ask you to make contact with Staff here

Clement Tang *:

Keith now in Wiltshire:

The changes mentioned are in relation to latest development of the new Flickr Notifications Center and Settings. You can find more information in the following thread here.

Zoom Lens:

Sending over an email now to see what is going on.

Thanks

view photos

R L Catlow:

Thank you, I have commented further on that thread.

view photos

_patclancy56 says:

mag3737:

I have noticed that if you go change the activity on the right side where it says you are viewing activity from and there is a pull down menu. If you change that it looks like it always does. However soon as you hit refresh, the problem re appears. I did when I reported this to staff tell them that as well. See how long this takes I guess

view photos

_patclancy56 says:

mag3737:

I have noticed that if you go change the activity on the right side where it says you are viewing activity from and there is a pull down menu. If you change that it looks like it always does. However soon as you hit refresh, the problem re appears. I did when I reported this to staff tell them that as well. See how long this takes I guess

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

It seems the programming engineers have done some work.

Recent Activity seems to be loading faster - like before.

They still need to improve on sorting the order by time: some comments like 10hrs may appear before those 10 minutes.

Also I hope they can put the pagination at the bottom back: it is much efficient from the users point of view: we can know the total number of pages, and we can jump to a particular page at will ---- like before.

Correction: The loading time has become slow again after 2 hours !!!
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )
Clement Tang * edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

R L Catlow:

Replied to your e-mail. Clear cookies and cache daily, sometimes several times daily; Recent Activity problems continue as before.

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

Clement Tang *:

Agree, it's much more convenient with the pagination information at page bottom instead of "Start" and "Next."

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

I agree with this...please put the page numbers back instead of the "Start" and "Next" links.

R L Catlow:

I agree with this!

view photos
Clement Tang * says:
It seems the programming engineers have done some work.

Recent Activity seems to be loading faster - like before.

They still need to improve on sorting the order by time: some comments like 10hrs may appear before those 10 minutes.

Also I hope they can put the pagination at the bottom back: it is much efficient from the users point of view: we can know the total number of pages, and we can jump to a particular page at will ---- like before.

Correction: The loading time has become slow again after 2 hours !!!

view photos

keithhull says:

I agree the page on Flickr I look at the most Recent activity is slow to load and does not seem to be functioning properly. I do not use the notifications option its too messy . Please can we return the Activity page to the star it was in before you tinkered with it

view photos

albyn.davis says:

I'm wondering if some of these issues, which I do not have, are a function of whether one is using a phone, tablet, or PC. Flickr differs with each.
Anyway, shouldn't the device be specified when reporting a problem?
albyn.davis edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

padly.andel10 says:

Zoom Lens:
I have all the same issues
I am using a PC if that is relevant

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

Zoom Lens:

A properly written system should not require us to clear cache and cookies daily or many times daily.

This wasn't a problem 2 weeks before.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!!!

Whenever things are running smoothly, they invent new problems!!!!!

I "nexted" a few time, some comments I made minutes ago appeared after those 24 hrs before. I wan't able to get to earlier messages/comments.

The systems seems to sort things/order out in a mysterious way.

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

Clement Tang *:

I agree.

view photos

sdttds says:

Agree with the other requests to return this feature to its previous state.

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

They have just fixed the stats problem.

One down, one more to go!!

Hope that the Recent Activity can be given priority now ???

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

Flickr, please stop resorting to your default, which is: this works great! People like it! Let's tweak it (and inevitably it stops working properly). It seems like you do this just to try and show off programming skills. It ain't workin'. If you'll look back through the long years of help forum complaints from us, the users, you'll see this pattern repeated over and over. Also the same tired "Clear cookies and cache and everything will be okay," finally followed by the acknowledgement that the problem is on flickr's end.

Bring back the pagination, please. This new look is unweildy and uninformative.

view photos

SJH Foto says:

Zoom Lens:

view photos

SJH Foto says:

Zoom Lens:

I agree with "Zoom Lens"-it seems like every time flickr tries to make an "improvement", it backfires, and things that already were working well suddenly start seriously malfunctioning! I also agree that the generic questions asked do next to nothing to help. Please fix the recent activity problem, and if possible, put it back the way it was-don't try to "improve" it

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

With the additional context-- it sounds like the issue being discussed here is related directly to the recent updates to the Notification Center.

If you regularly use Recent Activity, you're going to notice a disruption to the navigation at the bottom of that page. Because we are archiving old notifications as described above, we're not able to maintain pagination at the bottom of Recent Activity. So where you previously could see page 1, 2, 3, etc., until the last page, you will now use a "next →" button to navigate. We’ve added a "start" button as well so that you don't have to use the back arrow on your browser.

In efforts to keep all feedback around this update in one place, we ask that the conversation continues in the official thread:

[Updated August 19 with Archiving Old Content] Rollout of New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings

Thanks for understanding!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads