Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 10 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

Intermittent issue when loading picture and either Albums or Groups is not functioning
Latest: 48 minutes ago
Editor
Latest: 86 minutes ago
Flickr pro pricing survey
Latest: 3 hours ago
Please, help! I'm not receiving any email notification about activity on my account.
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 5 hours ago
search.
Latest: 6 hours ago
Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Duplicate] Pictures not showing up today?
Latest: 11 hours ago
notifactions going crazy
Latest: 12 hours ago
upload error
Cast your photos from Flickr APP on Android or iPhone to Chromecast/device
Sorting photos in albums - basic
Latest: 14 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Paying for Flickr Pro Without a Credit Card

Tender & endangered Cow/Horse says:

Currently in India where prepaid cards aren’t available. I’ve PayPal and Google Pay. Yet the Pro sign up window ‘Other Payment Methods’ is greyed out. A representative has outlined some method via Google Play/ Flickr app (which I’ve downloaded now) ... but I still get the greyed out link mentioned above(!). Clear alternate payment methods- anyone?
I’d regret having to leave Flickr- especially for a reason like this.
Posted at 11:29AM, 13 August 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

You mention "a representative", which suggests that you've already been in contact with Flickr staff via email. That's the only way to resolve payment-related issues.

The link to contact staff by email (in case I've misinterpreted your comment) is: help.flickr.com/contact
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Das Boot 160 says:

Unfortunately I recently tried to contact Flickr about a similar issue, but I never had a reply. My card has expired and I want to use paypal as my preferred , but no option is available. I guess Flickr is happy to wave goodbye to long term customers.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Tender & endangered Cow/Horse of Dimness:

As mentioned, we ask that members contact us directly here if there are any billing questions. I see Marc from our Support team is in contact with you and he will be able to assist you further.

Das Boot 160:

I do see where you have contacted us on 8/5/21, Steven from Support reached out and the email bounced. I will respond to your contact as well, please let me know if you do not receive the email.

view photos

Viejito says:

Tender & endangered Cow/Horse of Dimness:

If you have a friend nearby who does have a credit card, you can have that person (open a free flickr account if necessary and) give you a pro subscription.
You can then reimburse them.

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

Das Boot 160:

Before I got a PayPal account, and neither did I have acredit card, I got my pro as Viejito describes.

(By the looks of it, I also shall have to take that road again, when my Pro runs out, January '23..., still no credit card and PayPal trashed by Flickr...)

view photos

CarlaFrancisco says:

I also use PayPal for all my online purchases, and I'm very surprised that I won't be able to use it here anymore... surprised and angry, actually.

view photos

abstractartangel77 says:

Viejito:

If you have a friend nearby who does have a credit card, you can have that person (open a free flickr account if necessary and) give you a pro subscription.
You can then reimburse them

Do you have a Flickr account to be able to Give Pro to a Flickr member, or can anybody give it even if they haven't a Flickr account themselves?
I'm asking this on behalf of a Contact of mine who tried to renew his Pro membership but it wouldn't accept his credit card, which was valid but was declined for some reason. He lives in Mexico.

(Sorry, I know this isn't PayPal related and is off-topic but I came across your very informative comment above when looking for help for him here in the Help Forum).
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

ernstkers says:

abstractartangel77:

on behalf of a Contact of mine who tried to renew his Pro membership but it wouldn't accept his credit card

Your Contact needs to contact support: help.flickr.com/contact
Category: Billing. payments & subscriptions; Issue: Payment declined.

view photos

Viejito says:

abstractartangel77:

Do you have [to have] a Flickr account to be able to Give Pro to a Flickr member
I do not think so: “Give Flickr Pro” appears even to non-members, and clicking on it does open a payment window, but I would try ernstkers’s suggestion first, if I were your contact.

view photos

abstractartangel77 says:

ernstkers: and
Viejito: Thanks for your help and info - I'll pass this on to my Contact.

view photos

Striderv says:

What about trying while using a V.P.N.? If the system thinks you are logging in from another country those options may not be grayed out. I do not know if this would work but worth a try IMHO.

view photos

abstractartangel77 says:

Striderv:

What about trying while using a V.P.N
Yes, that's another possibility.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads