Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 32 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Gallery - What's this view of it ?
Latest: 20 minutes ago
No New Notifications
Latest: 84 minutes ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 3 hours ago
How to see the see the most recent posts from all the people I follow
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 7 hours ago
Why.
Latest: 7 hours ago
Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 9 hours ago
Albums not always showing in uploader
Latest: 14 hours ago
Flickr not working on Samsung smart TV web browser.
Latest: 17 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

Updates:

9/16/21: Summary of latest reply. If you have further questions or feedback about using the Notifications Center, please write to our Support team. The Recent Activity page will be sunset on December 15, 2021. Our latest reply also lists upcoming improvements that we'll be implementing based on your feedback and additional community feedback that we're taking into consideration.

9/08/21: Acknowledged feedback regarding seeing the total number of faves that a photo has and seeing all of your photos that someone has recently faved (currently notifications is only surfacing 12)

8/17/21: Acknowledged 2 known issues (slow loading and not seeing recent faves)

=======

Today, after months of development, feedback rounds with our members, and hard work, we are continuing our rollout from 25% to 100% of the new Flickr Notifications Center and Notifications Settings pages.

What does this mean?

We’ve expanded the current notifications from the bell icon at the top of Flickr and introduced a new tab for groups you admin. We’ve also introduced a Notifications Center page so you can see your notifications with more screen real estate.

What’s new?

The Notifications Center
The Notifications Center is a rebuilt version of the Recent Activity page designed to surface all of the latest activity related to your Flickr experience. To access the Notifications Center, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr, and at the bottom of the dropdown, you’ll see the link that used to read “View Recent Activity” now reads “View all notifications.” When you click that, you’ll be taken to the new Notifications Center, where you’ll be able to access all your notifications, filter your notifications by type (ie.: faves, group invitations, comments on your photos, etc.), and check the latest activity on your photos, groups, and conversations.

Notifications Settings Page
The Notifications Settings page allows you to turn on or mute notifications by type. This page gives you control over your in-site notifications as well as email notifications to decide what you’re notified about, how you’re notified, and even how often. To access the Notifications Settings page, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr and you’ll notice a new gear icon that will take you to the Notifications Settings page.

Group Notifications
For groups, we’ve added new notification types to let you know when admins update the group admin blast, as well as group description and rules. Additionally, group admins will now see notifications for the groups they admin as a separate tab so they can easily sort out the priority updates for their groups from personal notifications and from groups they don’t admin. If you’re not interested in receiving group notifications, you can turn them off on your Notifications Settings page. Please note that there’s no option to turn off notifications for all groups at once, so please be intentional about which groups you mute.

New ‘Options’ in your Groups page
As we are rolling out the new Notifications, you’ll also see updates to your Groups list page, where all of your groups are displayed. We’ve changed the name of “Faved Groups” to “Pinned Groups” to avoid conflating with the action of faveing photos/videos. Pinning a group will keep that group at the top of your list, and will ensure you get notified of any new group discussions posted to that group. There’s also a new column called Options, which lets you manage group notifications, show or hide groups from your activity feed, and more. If you desire, you can use the Options column on the Groups list page to mute/unmute each of your groups. To pin a group on your Groups list page, select the Options column three-dot menu next to the desired group and choose “Pin to top of page.” If you want a group pinned to the top of the page, but you don’t want group notifications, you can mute the group from the same menu, or from your Notifications Settings page.

Comment modal in Notifications (how to see all comments made for one of your photos)
When you click on a comment notification from the Notifications Center page, you will get a modal that lets you scroll through all the comments on the photo without leaving the Notifications dropdown or Notifications Center. You can also reply to the comments from that modal. For people who like to go through all their comment threads without context switching, this should be a useful workflow for you now.

You can see a video demo of this in action here.

Archiving (changes to how some notifications are presented)
With these changes, you’ll now see notifications for recent activity on your photos, discussions, and groups, rather than seeing every previous interaction associated with that photo/video/group, etc. Let's take an example:

In the old format, let's say I had uploaded a photo five years ago, and it had 45 faves already. If a couple of folks named Pat and John came along and faved it today, the notification would read, "Pat and John and 45 other people faved your photo." We were showing the count of the entire history of faves on the photo in the notification, even though some of the faves might have been five years old.

In the new format with this hypothetical example, you'll get a notification that says, "Pat and John faved your photo." We're surfacing what has happened recently and seems most relevant.

Likewise, we've changed some of the models for how notifications are presented, with the intent to cut down on the noise when, for example, one person faves a bunch of your photos. In the past, if Pat faved ten of your photos, you would have received ten separate notifications. With the new model, we'll now simply show you a batch notification that says "Pat faved ten photos'' with thumbnails for those ten photos. Here is a visual example.

Changes to the Recent Activity page
If you regularly use Recent Activity, you're going to notice a change to the navigation at the bottom of that page. Because we are archiving old notifications as described above, we're not able to maintain pagination at the bottom of Recent Activity. So where you previously could see page 1, 2, 3, etc., until the last page, you will now use a "next →" button to navigate. We’ve added a "start" button as well so that you don't have to use the back arrow on your browser.
If you notice that items you previously muted are showing up for you with new reactions in Recent Activity, this is due to the way the archiving data is stored. If you want to mute comments on a particular photo/video, for example, you’ll need to do that in the new Notifications to have it work on Recent Activity.

If you still regularly use Recent Activity and haven't explored the new Notifications, now is a good time to try the new system. We have spent the past few months monitoring the performance of this new experience and working to incorporate feedback to make sure that everything that you can view in Recent Activity is available in the Notifications Center or elsewhere on Flickr. We are keeping Recent Activity while everyone gets used to the new notifications center, but our plan is to eventually remove this page and focus on making notifications the go-to experience for keeping up with your activity on Flickr. We'll continue fine-tuning notifications, so if you notice anything that doesn't appear to be working as it should or you're unable to accomplish a specific workflow in notifications that you could in recent activity, please let us know here. We've also included an FAQ in our Help Center.

Answers to some FAQs about the new Notifications Center:

“The new system is missing some notifications. For example, I can’t find [X] notification type.”
We built the new Notifications Center with feature parity in mind, which means you should be able to see all the same types of notifications (and other new ones) that you used to see on the Recent Activity page. If you have lots of new activity that you need to manage, the Notifications Center page lets you filter your notifications by type. For example, show only notifications for comments, or only for group invitations, etc. You can select different filters depending on what you want to see. Click on the “All Notifications” dropdown at the top of the notifications list to apply filters.

“On the Recent Activity page, I was able to see individual replies and comments without having to open the actual photo page.”
You can do this from the new Notifications Center as well! When you click on a comment link from the Notifications Center page, you will get a modal that lets you scroll through ALL the comments for that image. You can also reply to the comments from that modal, without leaving the Notifications Center page.

“I want to see the list of people who faved my photo(s) without having to navigate to the actual photo page.”
Similarly to how we brought the comment modal into the new notifications after feedback that folks wanted to be able to see all the comments on a photo without having to go to the photo page, we are looking at how we can bring the fave modal that is currently on the photo page (e.g. “[person 1], [person 2] and [n more people] faved your photo”) into the Notifications Center and under the bell icon. We’ve wanted to update that modal component to have more functionality, so this is a perfect time to do so. We’ll work on that after we get 100% of the community into the new system.
Posted at 11:40AM, 26 August 2021 PDT ( permalink )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

(201 to 300 of 1320 replies in New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.)
view photos

B℮n says:

You have to first see the picture than the comment... from left to right!.

But it's all too wide. Text size is too big! photo perhaps too small

Please improve text size, more centered. Picture left.
Thank you,
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )
B℮n edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Ad DeCort (NL) says:

DaveSPN:

So true Dave!!

view photos

Ad DeCort (NL) says:

Rodolfo Quinio:

So true!!

view photos

Anthony SÉJOURNÉ says:

Les notifications sont plus détaillées et c'est très bien ! Très bonne mise à jour.

view photos

Dave Cappleman says:

This is truly awful. I had my homepage set to recent activity on my photos and it opened to show comments and group activity. I tried out of wanting to see the old format, to subscribe to a feed on recent activity but it does nothing, saying the XML has no style [much like your changes!] and showing a document tree. I've been perfectly happy with how things were set up and spent much of my time on Flickr favouring it over other photo sharing apps [I've been paying for a pro subscription for many years] but now I'm seriously thinking about quitting and moving my work elsewhere. Can you not give us an option to carry on as before or are you simply going to force your unwanted changes on disgruntled customers? I seriously wonder why I'm bothering with this comment as I'm sure you won't read or respond to it, what is the point of this feedback if you don't listen?
Dave Cappleman edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

gillybooze (David) says:

The new system is a big mistake, HUGE!

There is so much more clicking involved than the previous method.

TURN IT OFF OR GIVE US MEMBERS TO RETURN TO WHEN THE SYSTEM WORKED WELL !

view photos

L’Arsène says:

The old way is better, much clearer and easier to grasp visually.

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO FIX WHAT WORKS WELL!

Those attempts remind me of those screenwriters who "adapt" iconic authors like Agatha Christie, thinking they can do better... They cannot!

Please let us keep the old interface, it was designed by people who knew what they were doing.

view photos

Lensjoy says:

Finally a way to sort subscribed groups (by pinning), thank you! Now I hope you go one step further and allow sorting groups into multiple categories. I'd like to keep my B&W, landscape, portrait etc. subscriptions separate.

I also really like the new notifications that a photo has been approved or rejected by an admin - very useful if you want to (or are expected to) actively participate in a group.

Some people in this thread seem to feel overwhelmed by the scale of the changes but I'm sure once they tweak the setting to their liking they will soon discover the Notification Center can work for them, too.

view photos

Philip Watson says:

Can you please add in a direct link to the stats page, as you had with the Recent Activity page?

view photos

Rckr88 says:

Please bring back the old Recent Activity page, or at least give users the option of having it as it used to be. This was many users default "Home Page" of Flickr

The new notifications updates are an improvement on the previous notifications page, but DOES NOT serve as a replacement for the recent activity page for many people

view photos

fotomie2009 says:

I do prefer the previous layout version and there are some funtions not working in the new. For example if I click on sequent page, the second page is a mess of new and old notification.
So, please return to the past, thanks.

view photos

yakkay43 says:

TOP°!
,.-) kay

view photos

Peter Ashton aka peamasher says:

gillybooze (Stay safe):

I agree. Change for the sake of change. I'm happy with Recent Activity and have no use for this unnecessary fiddling.

view photos

Peter Ashton aka peamasher says:

L’Arsène:

I agree. Well put!

view photos

aecsouthall says:

Put it back how it was. Pointless change that does nothing to enhance my Flickr "experience".

Neil F.

view photos

Annoyed.User says:

Why is the RECENT ACTIVITY page now 3 weeks out of date? It looks like something got broken!

view photos

Anuj Nair says:

The old Recent Activity page is better than the changed, new version.
This version looks more complicated. An unwanted, unwelcome change.
Rather than making such changes, Flickr better reduce the PRO subscription rates and make it affordable as earlier. Earlier, many people used to gift subscriptions. Now it's not even affordable for one's own use, not to mention a gift.
Thank you.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Annoyed.User:

Hi there,

We've have reported this behavior to our engineers in the possibility that it is impacting other areas of Flickr, but moving forward we are not going to focus on fixes to the Recent Activity page.

I recommend checking out the new notifications center and share any questions or feedback with us here, so we can fully focus on developing the new notifications center.

Thanks

view photos

ugrandolini says:

I like it and I like the fact that you are developing new features and trying to improve the user experience.

May I suggest to add the "reply to this topic?" box at the end of each replies page? I am new here and didn't understood immediately that this box is on the last page :)

view photos

johnb/Derbys/UK says:

Hows about listening to the likes and dislikes and go with the winner,bet you dont listen.

view photos

decembre says:

After more test and my Previouscomment:

Seems the new Notification page take the good direction,
principally by the possibility to filters (by the menu of it) what we want to see.

It can be a more efficient replacement of the Old RA.

in fact that the same effect when you introduced the new Pending page:
Everybody hate it in first AND ...
After use it a little time, it was much better that the previous one!.
;-)

The only thing which i don't appreciate to much is the "load more" system:
I prefer a pagination to jump directly where i want (by example if i want return on a particular time seen before).
Without it, i need to click and click etc... to return on the particular page.

My Old request seems always a good idea:
"Can you change the need to click on the three-dots to open the menu where we can mute etc,
by a set of icons at the bottom of each notification (always visible) :
Mute / Unfollow / Bock User / Send Message etc ..."

A little Request about Pool Manage" modal:
Add more info for each Pool items:
Date of creation, Number of members / Photos , last activity since

About the Bell Notification:
I think there are too much info in it always.

A request for it:
Add the same system than for the Notification Page to filter what we want to see,
And maybe pagination ?

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

R L Catlow:

Quote "but moving forward we are not going to focus on fixes to the Recent Activity page." Just like that ???

How can you abandon existing RA users and move to the new things that a lot of use don't use?

Is there a channel we users can appeal to such as CEO or Flickr Board of Directors?

view photos

R_Ivanova says:

Horrible Recent Activity! Works very slowly and with so few photos on a page! Please come back to the old format.

view photos

Ace.Images says:

Leticia Roncero:

I hate it! Please change it back.

view photos

DELAVILLE says:

Good work Flickr Staff. At least someone is working and the website is not dead.

view photos

DaveSPN says:

R L Catlow:

Sorry but the new notifications are absolute rubbish.
Just go back to how they were!
Ignoring clients is a very bad business model. We pay and know what we want and that is not what you have foisted on us.
Listen to the people!

view photos

Julian Hodgson says:

For me, there is nothing about this that represents an improvement on the old Recent Activity page. Some users clearly like it. I don't. But so long as you keep the 'Recent Activity' option on the drop-down menu beneath the 'You' tab, I'll use that instead of the bell.

view photos

paspog says:

The new notifications are not centered on my pictures, rather on the people who did something (comment, fave, etc.). It is clumsier in that I do not see at a glance - as the former settings allowed - what happened to each of my pictures.
Many groups are organised so that a given number of comments allows your picture to progress to the next level. This is not obvious any more and I loose track, especialy fo the pictures that were posted some days or weeks ago.
Please allow us the use the former settingsd again.

view photos

DaveSPN says:

Clement Tang *:

It would be nice to think there was such a channel. However experience tells me that no one will listen.
The change has been decided on and foisted on us.
It obviously hasn't been coded properly either as it really doesn't work as advertised.
Flickr are getting a lot of clients off side this time!

view photos

conall.. says:

something I REALLY like with the new notification arrangement is being able to easily see notifications about pictures that have been accepted/rejected to groups by the ADMIN. I cant remember having any way to see this easily before.

Capture

view photos

Sal Patalano says:

I don’t like it….

More important, as I suggested years ago, give me the ability to easily see “who does NOT follow me that I follow…

Give me the ability to view the old way….

view photos

SLpixeLS says:

NO PLEASE! It's the same as in the Flickr app, page that always avoid and come on browser, nothing is better than the old version that allow to see how many awards we have in the latest hours.

view photos

wheniwas14 says:

I think the following things are better:
1) You fixed the "49 faves bug"!
2) I like the it includes the title of an image
3) I like that when someone mentions me and see a bit of their comment
4) I like the link to the new notification center for more context

view photos

io747 says:

This update is not useful for me. I miss the overview I have had on reactions of my pics by a month per one click - now I need 50 clicks???
Please return to the function last activities . Best regards io747

view photos

andy.sheppard says:

DELAVILLE:
Doing for the sake of doing is pointless.

view photos

joeke pieters says:

paspog:

I fully agree with you!
With the new notifications you have completely lost the overview per photo, that's why I want to keep using Recent Activity, but the chronological order has practically disappeared there, especially when you go to the next page.
joeke pieters edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

MIQUEL.... (POCO A POCO) says:

No me gusta nada

view photos

Hank Halsey says:

Don't like it !!!

view photos

albyn.davis says:

You cannot know that "most members" reject the new Notifications by looking at this feed. Complainers tend to vent by posting. Satisfied customers have no need to vent.
As I said before, I like the features that I did not have before, and maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

view photos

47604 says:

albyn.davis:

Well said,i agree,quite happy with the new set up.

view photos

joeke pieters says:

albyn.davis:

When it comes to new features in addition to the ones you already had, that's okay, but when it comes at the expense of a well-functioning feature, it gets annoying, the new notifications feature is definitely not a replacement for Recent Activity.

view photos

tmuriel67 says:

Una vez más cada novedad deja las cosas peor de lo que estaban. Hay que reconocer sus méritos solo saben ir de hacerlo mal a hacerlo peor.

view photos

my.travels says:

You messed up the recent activity. There is no research of ergonomics in this new notifications page.

view photos

roodvosjerosse says:

Actually I like it very much. I can see now who liked my pictures and my invites to groups.

However I saw some do NOT like it.
Maybe a choice for each user would be better?

Great work though, thank you!

view photos

Danni Amethyst says:

I don't like the new notifications. There is a lot of information I couldn't care less about. Please give us the option for the old notifications

view photos

decembre says:

Just a Bug:
In the notification page filtered for groups invite, i have an invit to post a shot to a pool...
Well...
But i am not the owner of this fine shot...

Here the Shot asked:
Desperate Housewife by Adrian Błachut

Here a screen shot of the bug:

decembre edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

jasonpinaster says:

Love it!

view photos

jasonpinaster says:

One thing I'd love to see is the ability to turn off notifications from people who don't have any photos on Flickr. I have no interest in these people.

view photos

Ida Pyl says:

I like that it is now easier to see, whether pictures to moderated groups are accepted or not. That spares a lot of trouble, as you can get the feeling, into which group you pictures matches and which not (not always easy to see from the title and description of the group).

I would like to much more clearly see, what is a comment and what favourites, etc.

You base the overview on the activities by people. So, a picture can show up in many posts (e.g. if several favourited it). But I am much more interested in what is happening with the pictures - How likes them, who comments them. So, I would like to see the material sorted by picture, not by user.

I do not want to see updates about the group descriptions, but when I tried to mute those, I need to click each group. That is too much work. Please provide a "check all" groups option in the mute dialogue.

view photos

GlitterPrincess Destiny (in SL) Black Label Exhibi says:

Please put it back normally - Thanks.

view photos

teamuck says:

I like the way the comments are grouped together for a single user commenting in a short period. With this format, I noticed a comment that I had missed earlier.

And the filtering options! Excellent!
teamuck edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

dschweisguth says:

I see one significant regression: /activity showed my comments on other photos. /notifications does not. I care because in www.flickr.com/groups/guesswheresf photo posters need to respond to comments on their photos, but sometimes they don't and they need a nudge. Now I've lost my record of my guesses. No doubt some users won't need to see a record of their own comments, but I'd certainly like it to be an option.

Also, while I'm here: on /notifications, I saw others' comments on photos I'd commented on, even though "Comments on photos you’ve commented on" was not turned on on /account/email. I just turned it that setting on because maybe it'll start working and I do want to see those comments. But maybe people who don't want those notifications can't not see them as intended.

view photos

Wolfgang Lonien says:

I find the old view much nicer. Lore information, less waste of space.

view photos

Pierrette2010 says:

Thanks.

view photos

Anne MacKay images of interest & wonder says:

I don't like!

view photos

Traveller_40 says:

Hello
just in case it has not beeiig sait yet,
the timeframe setting is missing

last hour, last 8 hours, last day and so on.

my presumptioin shorter time spans, make the retrival times shorter and the load on the server smaller

view photos

[@]Jendrix56 says:

.I do not usually use this resource, I can say little
[@]Jendrix56 edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Bill Rosmus says:

I like to see the count in the drop down. I just like it. I never looked at the recent activity page before. It didn't even register that it was there, the drop down was good enough for me. I'll have to try using the notifications for the next while.

view photos

THR Photography says:

Sadly this is garbage bring back the Old view recent activity, you really know how to lose PRO members, remember we pay to help keep this running, DO NOT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN

view photos

verona39 says:

Admin:
Bring back the old BELL!!! It worked faithfully for a long time. Why did you destroy it? Now NOTHING works when I open it, and I did try. Just a few minutes ago the red button indicated I have 5 notifications, but there were none inside.
verona39 edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Yersinia says:

Ugh. What a PITA.

When I go to "Comments on photos you’ve commented on", there is nothing there, though there should be.

view photos

Jonathan Irwin Photography says:

Crap hate it wish you would stop making changes for the sake of change. There was nothing wrong with the existing scheme BRING IT BACK

view photos

galilea.kessen says:

Having been a original tester, this is even better. Add the Fave like you plan and perfect. 3x faster, easlier

GK

view photos

monique marie2 says:

Non , s'il vous plait retournez à l'ancienne version ; la nouvelle est complètement inutile et ne m'intéresse pas. Je ne peux plus contrôler mes notifications . je ne vois aucune utilité de voir des notifications qui ne me sont pas utiles
Merci
monique marie2 edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Brian Aslak says:

Nope, don't like it at all.

view photos

Lorimatthews Resident says:

I don't like it at all. To much clutter and just looks messy to me. I can understand why one Group Administrator commented he didn't like contributers seeing when he rejected a photo. It makes that contributer want to leave the Group or harrass him for doing so. I personally don't like seeing every little tiny update a Group I'm in makes. I really wish we had the option to use the old format. As a Pro user that certainly would have been at least a nice perk or option to have since our membership fees help keep Flickr viable.

view photos

my.travels says:

If I were CEO of Flickr, I would fire the person who came up with this idea.

view photos

Bamboo Barnes - Artist.Com says:

Terrble idea

view photos

newmanm051 says:

I have a set of "Views Groups" ... 1000 to 2000 views etc
The new version of Recent Activity does not give me sufficient visibilty of activity in date order to to promote images that have been previously submitted or to deny images that have been incorrectly assigned by a member.

It all looks ok until one gets to the bottom of the first "page" and press Next only to find everthing jumbled up and not in any sort of time order. If one tries to go further back in time the confusion gets even worse.

A feature of the previous version which I find especially useful was that one could see how many "pages" there were to go through

view photos

FreshFrenchAngel says:

I'm very happy of the new one now I have the real true count of the fav photos, groups notification for one person that fav multiple pic is great too and I receive the rejected and the accepted group notification for my photo that help me know really what I can improve and what I can post and where really an evolution, yes they are big but really make the difference to have true useful informations.
Thank you for your hard work to improve things.

view photos

jessamyn says:

I like parts of this and don't love others. The slow loading is really a killer for me and makes it less-good than it was before. I'm aware this is being worked on. I don't love how BIG it is, I feel like I see less on the screen and have to scroll more. A lot of white space because the thumbnail images are bigger. I'll get used to some of the other aspects I think. I do like that you can manage your notifications and the two tabs so that activity on your pictures and activity in your groups are completely separate. I haven't seen yet how it manages new vs. old activity but I might like to see only new stuff or have a way to see which is new (this may be part of it, I haven't seen that part in action yet. I appreciate that you aimed for feature parity.

I'm happy Flickr is bringing the website into this century, I just wish it wasn't so piecemeal but when you have a community as old and as caring as this one, it's bound to be difficult.

view photos

Comiccreator24 says:

Not a fan of this update at all. I much prefer the old system as receiving notifications about groups and stuff like that are very extraneous.

view photos

~Muriel~NO Favs without a comment/Award. says:

I'm not a fan of this update. I saw more information on my photos in the old format.

view photos

Morningbeasty (Blogger/Photographer) says:

I wish i could turn the "Groups You Admin" option off.

view photos

Izakigur says:

Rckr88:

I agree , Terrible & awful changing.

Please bring back the the old system ! Bamboo Barnes - Artist.Com:

And others . Very very sad !

view photos

Peter Herridge says:

Well done for trying something new, I like it.

view photos

isteeves says:

I like the new feature especially the rejected photos by my groups I belong, great way to find out what groups I need to leave. There are going to be many members that do not like the new look and want to go back to the old way, but this is good progress in my opinion. Yes, it takes a bit of time to get used to the new look, but I do not mind the little extra work at the beginning. Thanks for the hard work Flickr Team!

view photos

robertheyliger says:

this is smart, direct, quick, easy; the perfect next step. this is a brilliant corporate move to entice new users to come along on the ride and keep the old users happy and here for the long haul.

well done.

view photos

Bruce Adler says:

Big whoop..

view photos

Donkey Hot-tea says:

What an unmitigated disaster the whole thing is.

What's the point in the all new recent notifications when the most recent item is the fourth one down (at 84 mins old) and the first three are over two hours old?

Who at Flickr HQ plays Nero while Rome burns?

view photos

issafly says:

I like it! I think the people who are complaining having looked at the notification settings page. I like that we can customize them more now. I hated having to sift through all the "X faved your photo" notifications to find invites to groups and comments. This gives much more flexibility and choice.

Give it time, and all the people who are hating it now will get use to it.

view photos

Louise Valois says:

I don't like it that I have to deselect all of my 500+ groups with a separate toggle each. Also I would not like to see all group notifications. I couldn't care less about admin blasts, or group rule changes. All I want to see from Group notifications if picture pending status.

view photos

Greta Powell says:

Absolutely awful - I really don't like it, way to messy and cluttered.

view photos

JimfromCanada says:

I like the consolidation of notifications of likes by one person on a number of your photos. It cleans up the feed a lot. Overall a nice improvement.

Off topic, but I wonder if you might look at the way the comments sections work. In the vast majority of social interactions, it's much easier to reply directly on the comment. The way it is now, there can be a HUGE gap between the comment, and your reply. A conversation-style comment section would make much more sense. Having to continue scrolling back up to find the next comment to answer is just crazy. Why not make it like (and I hate to refer to these other apps) FB or IG comment sections?

view photos

albyn.davis says:

issafly:

So sensible!!

view photos

Viejito says:

Greta Powell:

way too messy and cluttered.
Only if one does not use the easy ways to unclutter it.

view photos

jothagraphy says:

Why in hell did you do this? What keeps you from telling me the number of ppl that liked my pics in total in the bell dropdown. I categorize my pics based on the likes. Now I have to open every single picture to see whether with that last like the picture crossed some threshold. I saw that on the first view in the dropdown in the past.
Of couse that may not be a reason for a lot of people, I really don't see any advantage in giving the users LESS Info than before. Please add the total number of likes or comments in the dropdown and give me a line for each like or comment. It's not like the length of the list costs anything.
jothagraphy edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Gerry Lynch/林奇格里 says:

Leticia Roncero:

I never used the old Recent Notifications feature, so can't comment on changes from that, but on the alerts tap at the top of the screen this is a lot better than the old system. Clearer sorting of different types of notification and seems much quicker to load too. So 👍from me.

view photos

old_newstead_boy says:

When will you give us the option to clear the notification history?

view photos

V. Albert says:

Dear Leticia,

Thank you very much for the update. Keep up with the renewal of many other features.

view photos

CG817 says:

Leticia Roncero:

I don't like the changes. More complexity without real value.

view photos

ChristianofDenmark says:

Must admit that I don't like it, so change it back - please.

view photos

Trešnja says:

Don't like it!!!!!!
Very slow NOW WITH NEW LAYOUT!!

view photos

Algytreetops says:

Leticia Roncero:

I use an ipad and cannot open the new notifications, so I will cease posting on Flickr. Sorry to my 1,800 followers.

view photos

Melodie Heartsong says:

hmm... not bad.... a bit more spammy than desired.... though i can see how it can be useful for somethings.... if there's a way you can "clear" some notifications after you've seen them via acknowledgement for the ones that you don't want to see while filtering out what you want to see...

also....

if someone "rejects" a photo from being added to their group that sounds a bit extreme.... maybe "declined" would be a bit less negative way to say it ?

view photos

ambodavenz says:

Slow, cumbersome and not an improvement for how I use and operate Flickr. Agree with many other posters, give us the choice to revert back to what we had previously. I am not against change when change is an improvement on what I had previously.

view photos

Muslima2006 says:

I'm really annoyed, what am I paying for if I don't even have the choice to accept any nonsensical innovations. Watching if I am on activity/page2 or on activity/page3 was much more feasible for me. I could also go directly to page 7 of activities, how is that going to work now? Not that it's necessary for me now, but there were times when I was absent for a longer period of time and now I have to click on next for half an hour?
I am now already going on, on, on, ... and see that a photo was favorited 3 weeks ago between 2 others that were commented 3 months ago. How can I now know if I have gone back far enough.
If there were stars to give, there would be less than 0 stars for this change.

👎👎👎

view photos

Rodolfo Quinio says:

Put it back to the way it was. This is absurd. So many kinks.
Look at the times posted old ones get mixed up with the new ones.
I'm sure I missed out on comments & faves to some of my friends & vice versa. All because you want to play games & try something new.
We have a saying:
WHEN IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!

view photos

Supremecourtjester says:

Unnecessary and prolix. Bring back the old system.

view photos

issafly says:

Holy MOSES at these comments! You people are acting like Flickr ran over you dog. It's not the end of the world. It's only the notifications panel. Get over yourselves and your demand for thing to put back the way it was immediately or else! Geez people! So many whiners throwing around comments like "unmitigated disaster," "Horrible Recent Activity!" and "If I were CEO of Flickr, I would fire the person who came up with this idea."

Many people with negative comments leave no reason WHY the don't like the changes; only that they hate it. And most of the people who DO say why they don't like it have clearly not explored the new features enough to see that the thing they don't like can be customized in the settings.

I wonder if the people complaining about the new changes are the same ones who complain that Flickr HQ doesn't work hard enough to make improvements to the site. Really disappointed in all these "who moved my cheese" comments.

To the designers and development team at Flickr: please keep up the good work. I, for one, really appreciate the attention that you're giving to this service. The community is vastly improving, regardless of what these loud complainers in the replies are saying. Cheers to you!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

(201 to 300 of 1320 replies in New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads