Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 34 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Gallery - What's this view of it ? (reply: Design before the 2018 Gallery page re-design.)
Latest: 2 hours ago
No New Notifications
Latest: 3 hours ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 4 hours ago
How to see the see the most recent posts from all the people I follow
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 8 hours ago
Why.
Latest: 9 hours ago
Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
Latest: 10 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Albums not always showing in uploader
Latest: 15 hours ago
Flickr not working on Samsung smart TV web browser.
Latest: 18 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

Updates:

9/16/21: Summary of latest reply. If you have further questions or feedback about using the Notifications Center, please write to our Support team. The Recent Activity page will be sunset on December 15, 2021. Our latest reply also lists upcoming improvements that we'll be implementing based on your feedback and additional community feedback that we're taking into consideration.

9/08/21: Acknowledged feedback regarding seeing the total number of faves that a photo has and seeing all of your photos that someone has recently faved (currently notifications is only surfacing 12)

8/17/21: Acknowledged 2 known issues (slow loading and not seeing recent faves)

=======

Today, after months of development, feedback rounds with our members, and hard work, we are continuing our rollout from 25% to 100% of the new Flickr Notifications Center and Notifications Settings pages.

What does this mean?

We’ve expanded the current notifications from the bell icon at the top of Flickr and introduced a new tab for groups you admin. We’ve also introduced a Notifications Center page so you can see your notifications with more screen real estate.

What’s new?

The Notifications Center
The Notifications Center is a rebuilt version of the Recent Activity page designed to surface all of the latest activity related to your Flickr experience. To access the Notifications Center, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr, and at the bottom of the dropdown, you’ll see the link that used to read “View Recent Activity” now reads “View all notifications.” When you click that, you’ll be taken to the new Notifications Center, where you’ll be able to access all your notifications, filter your notifications by type (ie.: faves, group invitations, comments on your photos, etc.), and check the latest activity on your photos, groups, and conversations.

Notifications Settings Page
The Notifications Settings page allows you to turn on or mute notifications by type. This page gives you control over your in-site notifications as well as email notifications to decide what you’re notified about, how you’re notified, and even how often. To access the Notifications Settings page, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr and you’ll notice a new gear icon that will take you to the Notifications Settings page.

Group Notifications
For groups, we’ve added new notification types to let you know when admins update the group admin blast, as well as group description and rules. Additionally, group admins will now see notifications for the groups they admin as a separate tab so they can easily sort out the priority updates for their groups from personal notifications and from groups they don’t admin. If you’re not interested in receiving group notifications, you can turn them off on your Notifications Settings page. Please note that there’s no option to turn off notifications for all groups at once, so please be intentional about which groups you mute.

New ‘Options’ in your Groups page
As we are rolling out the new Notifications, you’ll also see updates to your Groups list page, where all of your groups are displayed. We’ve changed the name of “Faved Groups” to “Pinned Groups” to avoid conflating with the action of faveing photos/videos. Pinning a group will keep that group at the top of your list, and will ensure you get notified of any new group discussions posted to that group. There’s also a new column called Options, which lets you manage group notifications, show or hide groups from your activity feed, and more. If you desire, you can use the Options column on the Groups list page to mute/unmute each of your groups. To pin a group on your Groups list page, select the Options column three-dot menu next to the desired group and choose “Pin to top of page.” If you want a group pinned to the top of the page, but you don’t want group notifications, you can mute the group from the same menu, or from your Notifications Settings page.

Comment modal in Notifications (how to see all comments made for one of your photos)
When you click on a comment notification from the Notifications Center page, you will get a modal that lets you scroll through all the comments on the photo without leaving the Notifications dropdown or Notifications Center. You can also reply to the comments from that modal. For people who like to go through all their comment threads without context switching, this should be a useful workflow for you now.

You can see a video demo of this in action here.

Archiving (changes to how some notifications are presented)
With these changes, you’ll now see notifications for recent activity on your photos, discussions, and groups, rather than seeing every previous interaction associated with that photo/video/group, etc. Let's take an example:

In the old format, let's say I had uploaded a photo five years ago, and it had 45 faves already. If a couple of folks named Pat and John came along and faved it today, the notification would read, "Pat and John and 45 other people faved your photo." We were showing the count of the entire history of faves on the photo in the notification, even though some of the faves might have been five years old.

In the new format with this hypothetical example, you'll get a notification that says, "Pat and John faved your photo." We're surfacing what has happened recently and seems most relevant.

Likewise, we've changed some of the models for how notifications are presented, with the intent to cut down on the noise when, for example, one person faves a bunch of your photos. In the past, if Pat faved ten of your photos, you would have received ten separate notifications. With the new model, we'll now simply show you a batch notification that says "Pat faved ten photos'' with thumbnails for those ten photos. Here is a visual example.

Changes to the Recent Activity page
If you regularly use Recent Activity, you're going to notice a change to the navigation at the bottom of that page. Because we are archiving old notifications as described above, we're not able to maintain pagination at the bottom of Recent Activity. So where you previously could see page 1, 2, 3, etc., until the last page, you will now use a "next →" button to navigate. We’ve added a "start" button as well so that you don't have to use the back arrow on your browser.
If you notice that items you previously muted are showing up for you with new reactions in Recent Activity, this is due to the way the archiving data is stored. If you want to mute comments on a particular photo/video, for example, you’ll need to do that in the new Notifications to have it work on Recent Activity.

If you still regularly use Recent Activity and haven't explored the new Notifications, now is a good time to try the new system. We have spent the past few months monitoring the performance of this new experience and working to incorporate feedback to make sure that everything that you can view in Recent Activity is available in the Notifications Center or elsewhere on Flickr. We are keeping Recent Activity while everyone gets used to the new notifications center, but our plan is to eventually remove this page and focus on making notifications the go-to experience for keeping up with your activity on Flickr. We'll continue fine-tuning notifications, so if you notice anything that doesn't appear to be working as it should or you're unable to accomplish a specific workflow in notifications that you could in recent activity, please let us know here. We've also included an FAQ in our Help Center.

Answers to some FAQs about the new Notifications Center:

“The new system is missing some notifications. For example, I can’t find [X] notification type.”
We built the new Notifications Center with feature parity in mind, which means you should be able to see all the same types of notifications (and other new ones) that you used to see on the Recent Activity page. If you have lots of new activity that you need to manage, the Notifications Center page lets you filter your notifications by type. For example, show only notifications for comments, or only for group invitations, etc. You can select different filters depending on what you want to see. Click on the “All Notifications” dropdown at the top of the notifications list to apply filters.

“On the Recent Activity page, I was able to see individual replies and comments without having to open the actual photo page.”
You can do this from the new Notifications Center as well! When you click on a comment link from the Notifications Center page, you will get a modal that lets you scroll through ALL the comments for that image. You can also reply to the comments from that modal, without leaving the Notifications Center page.

“I want to see the list of people who faved my photo(s) without having to navigate to the actual photo page.”
Similarly to how we brought the comment modal into the new notifications after feedback that folks wanted to be able to see all the comments on a photo without having to go to the photo page, we are looking at how we can bring the fave modal that is currently on the photo page (e.g. “[person 1], [person 2] and [n more people] faved your photo”) into the Notifications Center and under the bell icon. We’ve wanted to update that modal component to have more functionality, so this is a perfect time to do so. We’ll work on that after we get 100% of the community into the new system.
Posted at 11:40AM, 26 August 2021 PDT ( permalink )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

(301 to 400 of 1320 replies in New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.)
view photos

Richard Harvey UK says:

issafly:

This happens whenever an IT platform or system is upgraded anywhere, in any context. It’s human nature sadly.

I’m ok with the new layout, works well enough for me today. It took me about, I don’t know, 45 seconds to master it…….
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

my.travels says:

If "Recent Activity" will be removed and new "notifications" will replace it. How we would easily see the number of faves, comments and views for an individual image? Are we going to go through all of our stream image by image?

view photos

johngpt says:

Sorry but this change seems poorly thought out.
I have always used Recent Activity to follow up on images at which I've left comments.

After awhile I would use the little remove icon that was in the top right corner to stop seeing activity on images.

That icon has changed to one which brings us to the image, apparently to leave a comment.
Clicking on the image title or image icon would have done that well enough.

Now there seems to be no way to stop seeing activity on an image at which I've left a comment.

At the new Notifications, my entire screen is taken up.
Endless scrolling.
No comments are seen, just a sentence saying so and so has commented.
At the old Recent Activity it was easy to scroll down to see up to 10 comments.

This upgrade has taken away function and it doesn't even look good.

view photos

Viejito says:

johngpt:

Now there seems to be no way to stop seeing activity on an image at which I've left a comment.

Yes, there is. Just click the three dots next to the item in the new notifications.

view photos

johngpt says:

Just noticed something else.

I had commented on Gary's photo.

Notifications has two separate notifications
1. Gary commented on a photo that I commented on and showed his comment: "Thank you John, much appreciated."
2. Gary mentioned you in a comment and showed: "Thank you John, much appreciated."

So now rather than showing me information I valued, I get two notifications.

This seems less than well thought out.

view photos

~sin~star~ says:

I have specified to see notifications for only the last day.....I am being shown notifications from 4 and 6 days ago....it's annoying. This did not happen previous to your new rollout. Why ask how long if it doesn't matter?

view photos

DrLensCap says:

I use recent activity regularly. This is a very stupid decision. I might leave Flickr if it not restored. I use recent activity for award counting. I have been a paying member of Flickr for years. It looks like you are telling me you no longer want my business.

view photos

Retail Retell says:

johngpt:

I've noticed this as well, and hope there's some way to streamline the two notifications into one. So far the only option I'm aware of is to turn off "mentions," but then that runs the risk of eliminating notifications of photos or comments that you haven't seen where you are mentioned by someone else.

view photos

DrLensCap says:

The recent Activity page is sort of working now, but only shows a fraction per page as before & extremely slow in changing pages. Still an unacceptable change. Recent Activity is my main Flickr use. Without it I see no reason why I should continue to pay you. I have been a pro member since 2008. I guess you want that to end.

view photos

Alain Des... says:

Too much notification. What a chaos, I am only interested in favs and comments on my own pictures.

view photos

the foreign photographer - ฝรั่งถ่ says:

New Notifications did not even come close to capturing the activity for the first hour and a half after I posted four photos. I had about 90 favs during that time. and this is a normal day for me.
the foreign photographer - ฝรั่งถ่ edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

decembre says:

One other Request:
Add a setting for the the Bell Notification,
different than the Notification Center page.

That's because on the Bell Notification, for a quick view, i want not see;
- "Comments on photos you’ve commented on"
There are too much, because i am an active Admin....!.
;-)
Or drop them in a special tab in the Bell Notification.

But i want keep the possibility to see them in the Notification Center page,
where i can select the type of activity i want see.
In this place, i have much place to see them and i can keep my attention better...

But if in the notification settings page, if i uncheck :
- "Comments on photos you’ve commented on"
I lost them in the Notification Center page too (i am right?)

view photos

DavidC Photography 2 says:

no ability to mute individual items, which we could previously.

view photos

John C. House says:

This might be okay for some, but to have this instead of the Recent Activity is a poor trade for me. What this gives me is a great deal of information I do not want and no access to what I am used to. Please at least give the option of using the Recent Activity that we had. Thanks.

view photos

gardener54 says:

Not an improvement in terms of my use of Flickr. I really dislike how notifications appears as a whole page display rather than a nice little drop down box in the top right corner and I suspect it is responsible for a glitch that appeared shortly after this "downgrade" so that quite often but not always, when I use "recent activity my photos" it is just one photo on the page and not even an option to go to page 2 to see the 2nd last photo of mine on which there has been activity.

If this continues rather than being a programming glitch that is going to be fixed ASAP, I won't be renewing my subscription next year.

view photos

Zoey Winsmore says:

I do not like this. Seeing notifications when a group admin has changed anything like group description or updating rules, is not what I am interested in getting each time. You might see this as a new feature, but you forgot to add an on/off toggle for all groups. No, now I have to do this manually for my groups list one by one. Anyone that is in a huge amount of groups, this is a terrible update.

And as others have mentioned, I am only interested seeing fave notifications, not this garbage that clutters up in the activities list. smh.

view photos

my.travels says:

The new notifications set up feature is great. However, the new notifications is not fully compatible with Recent Activity since the total number of views, faves and comments are not presented for each photo. For most people here "Recent Activity" is the main page to follow the activity. You have to find means to combine good features of "Recent Activity" and "New Notifications." Otherwise, there would be many pro users leaving Flickr.

view photos

Fat Burns ☮ (Gone Bush) says:

As a desktop and laptop user for Admin I do not find the new layout useful ( as it is appears to be designed for mobile devices).

I would prefer to go back to the drop down notification window from the bell rather than be transferred to a new page. I have nothing against the new page but an option in the drop down window would be less annoying.

Many thanks

view photos

txmx 2 says:

Some suggestions for the new notifications center (In case the actual RA will be replaced :( (please leave it as an option!)):

Display the total number of views, faves and comments, as it is now in RA (ESSENTIAL!)

Add „mute“ to new followers

in „groups“ let us separately turn on/off „new discussions, admin blasts, changes to rules, and descriptions“ and „status of your pending photos“ (the only useful new feature I can detect so far). Now it's "all or nothing".

Rethink the layout

Then I could live with it (with clenched teeth).
txmx 2 edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Mobile Lynn says:

Absolutely awful. It shows you do not understand how users use the current recent activity. The current version works very well with all its options and I cannot use the new one in the same way and it will kill my use of Flickr. I am mainly interested in awards given in groups as well as individual comments on those photos and I go through photo by photo. I also select to look at comments for the last 8 or 24 hours or 7 days. Very useful. It is also easy to quickly alter what selection you look at. Please do not change what isn't broke. Appalling.
Mobile Lynn edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

johnb/Derbys/UK says:

IF SOMETHING WORKS OK WHY MESS IT UP ,But flickr team dont seem to understand that or at least give us pro members a choice ie use the old option.

view photos

Stefan the Cameraman says:

I love it! So much more info, instantly available. Its really useful to se if my photos have been rejected by a group, it helps me understands what the group admin wants and what they don't want. It also tells me if a group is actually being tailored and managed and if so, it gives more integrity to that group. Was the 'rejected' info available before? I've never seen it and like it being here.
Edit; Just had another look, I didn't realise that in some views it went fullscreen. The fullscreen bit does not work for me, a waste of screen space. the pull-down menu version on the photstream view is much better.
Stefan the Cameraman edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

flush gorden says:

It's a bit of a smooshed together mess. Recent activity is clean, clearly presented and easy to read. Notifications is not.

view photos

Fotos_Mariano_Villalba says:

No me gusta como funciona, solo puedo ver la actividad de una foto y una pagina no de todas las fotos con la actividad de tiempo seleccionada, me gustaba más antes
Un saludo

view photos

Zim Gunsberg says:

This is terrible. Roll it back immediately

view photos

Morningbeasty (Blogger/Photographer) says:

How more i see it how more i dislike it.
This is really an annoying update.

view photos

Ad DeCort (NL) says:

* I DON'T want to see the comments of people who commented on a photo I commented!!! What an idea! I also don't want to see my neighbours mail! Its the same idiot idea :-(
I want to see my own comments on a picture!

* when I select "Comments on photos you've commented on" I get all the other crap! Function don't work at all!

* sometimes I have to unmute a pic 2 times! Doesnot work!

* to Unmute you have to choose '...', than unmute. Give us our Unmute Buttin back please!

*why not an Unmute button for ALL pictures (select all) you have selected?

*and NO NO we are NOT Betatesters! We pay for your service!

* this new crap is slow, slow, slow,slow, slow, slow, slow, slow! :-( :-( :-(

What a mess again!

The Netherlands

view photos

Morningbeasty (Blogger/Photographer) says:

Zoey Winsmore:

I've couldn't say it any better!

view photos

kurtwolf303 says:

DrLensCap:

Believe me, you`re not the only one to end the paying membership if this mess isn`t cleaned up.....

view photos

kurtwolf303 says:

Alain Des...:

Aye ! Well said !

view photos

DocSaintX says:

I have absolutely no use for such a function. I use the old function every day and I am quite happy with it.

view photos

my.travels says:

Someone faved one of my photos 2 (two) hours ago and "New Notifications" did not show it. I could only notice that by chance through iffy working "Recent Activity." If this crap will continue, no renewal in coming October. Period....

view photos

Ad DeCort (NL) says:

my.travels:

So true!!!

view photos

my.travels says:

DrLensCap:

I agree with you.

view photos

my.travels says:

This happens in business life, too. Some newcomers present great ideas of their own without knowing the past background of existing procedures and they mess up whole very well working system.

view photos

bardot necchia says:

Awful.

This is a change towards the worst. Not towards the best.
It's pity.

view photos

Rouge_Lucifer says:

the effect of the new recent activity notifications can be described by the symptoms of constipation: slow, hard, with toothache due to clenching of the jaws, etc. :)

view photos

my.travels says:

my.travels:

Same issue repeated again. No show in "New Notifications" again and I could only notice that by chance after 43 minutes.

view photos

snowyturner says:

Really bad and so time consuming, having to mute everything you've commented on in the notifications box. And this still doesn't always work. Please at least give us the option of using the old mute function.

view photos

Ad DeCort (NL) says:

my.travels:

Yes, you are right!

Even my seventeenth year old son makes better things!

view photos

Ad DeCort (NL) says:

snowyturner:

I agree!!!

view photos

yon_willis says:

I don't like them.

view photos

Florian106 says:

Now on the iphone app notifications don't work anymore. What a chaotic, messy desaster Flickr has made once again. Just keep working things working, pleeeease.

view photos

Jason Galloway says:

I'd like an option add to easily turn off/mute categories of notifications such as moderator of a group fixing a title etc. A "select all" button would be useful as I'm not interested in the day-to-day administration of the vast majority of groups of which I'm a member and these notification obscure notification that I am interested in.

view photos

Rodolfo Quinio says:

If this doesn't revert back to the simpler way it was, I'll not renew my membership. I don't want to pay for something that will make my life miserable.

view photos

Rodolfo Quinio says:

We're all photographers here, NOT computer geeks. Don't make our life difficult or we'll be out of here.

view photos

Service Dolphin says:

You asked for us to comment - Rubbish. Using the iPad to view them I get a blank screen appear.not much use that

view photos

Maia C says:

I was perfectly happy with the old system. It worked for me.

I'll get used to the new system.

I'll continue to use the Recent Activity page as my Flickr "home page", with a browser bookmark to go to it, if it's all the same to you.

Please note the lack of enthusiasm.

view photos

conall.. says:

Maia C:

i am much the same but eventually (maybe soon) you will not have the choice:

"We are keeping Recent Activity while everyone gets used to the new notifications center, but our plan is to eventually remove this page and focus on making notifications the go-to experience for keeping up with your activity on Flickr."

view photos

jjjj56cp says:

I don't get the chance to log onto Flickr daily, but when I do, I do a lot of posting and commenting in groups. I like to be able to go back and see the OLDEST comments on my photos, ( one month back) so I can repost again in groups. I like not posting the same photo too close together in the step-ups.

Now, with the "next" there is no rhyme or reason from page to page. They are no longer in any sort of chronological order. The first "page" may have some photos with the oldest comment being a few weeks back, but after three or four next clicks, I see photos with the last comment being a day or less ago. This is on a PC--- I haven't even delved into using iPad or iPhone.

Totally chaotic.

If pagination with numbers is no longer possible, how about at least keeping some sort of order present? This is of no use to me at all--- will discourage rather than encourage use.

This is no improvement.:(((

*** IF we are "stuck" with this "improvement", could you at least give an option for a reverse look? If I wish to start at the END of my one month look back, instead of at the beginning? That would make this at least workable........
jjjj56cp edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

jrussell.1916 says:

Leticia Roncero:

Please put the mute option back on photos we have commented on. Thank you! :-)

view photos

affinités France Italie says:

I use the terms of a Lauren who expressed exactly my feelings, as English is not my easy language :

"I really don't like it. What a chaos, I am only interested in favs and comments on my own pictures.

For me this is the same as no notifications anymore, because I will not read all this stuff to filter the ones that concern me. Please please turn it back to normal!"

view photos

16 Jan says:

I can't see any benefit. Slows everything down with info I'm not really wanting to know!

I would have thought we have all worked it out by now, something new is rarely better and often ill conceived. You have surely wasted your time with this one!

view photos

Dmitry Djouce says:

Not sure how is this new, the page looks exactly what Flickr Android app notifications page is like. I wish it was rendered server-side as the old one, as it resulted in smoother experience and quicker time-to-see-information. The new one seems to use AJAX to load actual data which is visibly slower.

view photos

albyn.davis says:

While I enjoyed the previous notifications format, I am now adjusting to and enjoying the new one. Seeing what groups are accepting and rejecting photos adds a fun dimension to my flickr experience.
Apps are changing things all the time. It's product development.
Cheers!
albyn.davis edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

1969william says:

I like it better than the old one. Good Job!

view photos

raakel.graef says:

Love it! take 3 min. vs 10 min.

RG

view photos

Karen Kumz says:

New groups page - awesome! 5 min do what was hour.

KK

view photos

skagitrenee says:

Recent Activity is now almost useless!!

I get the first page, then click on next and sometimes get one more entry at a time or it repeats the previous.

While I have been trying to adjust to the notification bell system, I am not totally sold and want to still use RA.

I am extremely upset that the plan is still to do away with RA. The bell system is far from being better.

Right now my biggest issue is that uploading the new input has slowed down substantially.

albyn.davis:

Seeing what groups are accepting and rejecting photos adds a fun dimension to my flickr experience.

I don't get notices when my pictures are accepted.

view photos

BITH* says:

Oh dearie me. PLEASE keep the old "Recent Activity" system which was so easy to use and a feature that I have used for years on a daily basis. I don't want an information overload. I want to see comments on my recent photos and I want to see replies to my comments. In other words, just the basics.
BITH* edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

verona39 says:

Rodolfo Quinio:

Well said, I agree. Instead of sitting at the computer and analyzing all these meaningless stats, why not go out and take some pictures instead. Flickr is supposed to be about photos, and we already have enough information about them. Just go to the photo page, and most of what one wants to know is there - groups, comments, faves etc. The old "bell" also worked fine.
Now it does not work for me at all.
verona39 edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

my.travels says:

I just wonder what was the problem with existing Recent Activity page. If someone from Flickr describes me properly; I would not argue anymore.

view photos

♥ L'humoureuse :-) says:

It was not necessary, It was ok before,
♥ L'humoureuse :-) edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

shottwokill says:

I'm not sure I know all the changes yet but I do like the new notification drop down. More informative and saves time

view photos

Mister Blur says:

Hello,
I don't like the new system.
Even more, since yesterday, the Recent Activity page is a complete mess. There is no chronologic order in the comments or faves in my photographs, and there are only two or three photos per page.
Hope it can be solved, for I can see I am not the only one with this kind of problem.
Have a good day.

Ruben.

view photos

millicand@rocketmail.com says:

Leticia Roncero:

Really loads of useless information. Much preferred the old version.

view photos

heikole-art.net says:

I like the new Notification Center very much.
In the old Recent Activities it took me lots of time to find all the group invitations. Now it is easy and straightforward.
I'm happy to see that flickr still is evolving.

view photos

ADN Designs . Adabetha Nayl says:

I really like it !

view photos

parmrussrap says:

Way too much information. The old system was better.

view photos

parmrussrap says:

Please allow us to set a permanent filter to see only what we want re our photos. For example, all I want to see are faves and comments on my photos.

view photos

bazzadarambler says:

Why change?

view photos

~sin~star~ says:

Hate the new version Recent Activity and Notifications.... makes me not want to got there.....what was wrong with the older version? NOTHING! Can we have the option to use the older version? At least when I check the box that says show only "the last day" notifications on my Recent Activity that's what I saw...now it's showing older notifications from days ago. Also don't like how the faved pictures are bunched together....what's the point??

view photos

~sin~star~ says:

skagitrenee:i agree! I didn't know they were planning on getting rid of Recent Acitivity!! I don't go to notifications except to get rid of the numbers in the pink ball. I don't get it. At least give us the option of retaining the old version!

view photos

Wolf Braham says:

After using it for a few more days, here are my suggestions:
1) Enable separate on/off switches for ALL group approvals and ALL group rejections. I don't really want to see when my photos are rejected. It's just not a feel-good moment.

2) Keep the preview of the comments people make when they mention you in a photo. It helps to see the stub of what they are saying.

3) Add a total-counter for the Faves on a photo. I want to see when a photo reaches certain milestones, particularly older ones. I can see this info on the iOS Apps notification, why not on desktop?

view photos

sensuallightstudios says:

Very interested in seeing how members react to seeing what group admins have been doing. I for one am NOT a happy camper.

SLS

view photos

sensuallightstudios says:

heikole-art.net:

as a group admin you got to love this update!

SLS

view photos

cold_penguin1952 says:

Why do you change things just to change them? This is far worse than the old activity page. I can no longer see at a glance who faved and commented on any image, or group invites, just a notice that "XX and 9 others have ..;.". Who are these 9 others? No idea, and no way to find out. I want to see all those who commented and faved, and I can no longer do that. I don't care who commented on someone else's photo, just because I did.

view photos

sovcsil says:

Dear organizers, you spoiled my joy to see the reactions of the other photographers to my pictures. It's sad. In addition, irregularly, occasionally one post appears and then disappears. What is good about this?

view photos

Formerly known as Bigbend700 says:

Please bring back the red mute button on the RA page. It made muting a photo so easy. Now I have to jump through hoops to mute a photo, and it doesn't always work.

view photos

Formerly known as Bigbend700 says:

snowyturner:

Yes!

view photos

Rodolfo Quinio says:

Recent Activity - Activity on My Photos (customize)
Recent means latest. You get on top the latest, then going below you get the later list of people who fave or comment. This was in former times correct, i.e. going down below you get older posts according to time.
Now, is a smorgasbord all mixed up together. Some new ones go below an older post.

Can't you even get the time right?

You are diving us nuts. We pay you to do this?

view photos

Rodolfo Quinio says:

I had fun with Flickr. If this goes on like this, I'm NOT renewing my subscription.

view photos

cosplay shooter (28m views) says:

Please let the old notifications version continue.
Thank you.

view photos

Gary Grossman says:

I like that when someone faves more than 1 of my images it is shown a single statement. However, there is also a bunch of nice such as when there is an update such as this: "updated the group description for THE LOOK level 1 RED: “ su trabajo estará como dest…” I don't care about this and it just clutter.

view photos

musingeye says:

Thanks for the hard work here, it's really good to have this additional information in our notifications as well as a lot of control over it.

view photos

vichonette says:

I neither need nor want to see when groups are updated. Can this be turned off? It just takes up space in my notifications, as the only thing I need to see is what photos are being faved and when someone follows me.

view photos

Владимир-61 says:

The old version was much better...

view photos

Lydia Amethyst says:

Okay can I just know when we are ALL going to be able to see what groups reject our photos? This random select of people getting to do it first is kind of ridiculous.

view photos

Robert R Grove 2 says:

I guess it depends on what people are doing , notifications work for me because of the way I use flicker , mostly on my I phone . I like the ability to edit the notifications. So for me it works better than before . But I don’t get a ton of them either .
1 point I would like to share is the simpler the better , to many features and options cause confusion sometimes .

view photos

Blue Mountains Library, Local Studies says:

I think the new notification options are great and really helpful for group admins!

view photos

DaveInMesa says:

A few thoughts on this...

Too many people here oppose change. Stagnation is death, people.

I like the irony of the help page being unable to load one of the images that's supposed to explain things to us.

Having to navigate to the last page of comments, then scroll to the bottom in order to post a reply is ridiculous. Is someone delusional enough to think that people will read through all of the comments on their way to the end?

It took WAAAAYYY too many words to explain the changes, and the explanation was not on the page you sent us to. It was here, and in a very dense, non-user-friendly format.

The same concept applies to the new design. The new features are fine, but are geared toward 'power users'. The average user doesn't need or want that much power; they want simplicity.

view photos

jmaphotography says:

Personally, I think it's TOO MUCH CLUTTER especially when using my cellphone.

I think a NOTIFICATION should just be that, a notification that either someone LEFT A COMMENT or someone FAVE a post.
TOO MUCH INFORMATION to be a NOTIFICATION.

Part of the excitement on the older version is to go to my post and see who left a message or faved my post.

I'm sure my comment will probably ignored but as a PAYING member, I am entitled to my opinion.

ON ANOTHER SUBJECT ...
I don't think it's fair for other paying members when Flickr Staff makes an executive decision to have an EXPLORE INTERVENTION especially when the subject doesn't have anything to do with photography! Why not make a SEPARATE EXPLORE instead on those occasions?

view photos

gbo25 says:

Don't like it but no doubt the Flickr team does so that's that.

view photos

5816OL says:

Makes no sense at all. Why fix something that worked well.

view photos

SDRPhoto321 says:

The new notification center increases my workflow time by 3X or more - as a minimum, replicate the features of the now barely working Recent Activity function.

view photos

Gail K E says:

I don't like it. The old notification function for "activity on my photos" showed a consolidation of faves and comments for each specific photo. It also showed the total faves and comments for that photo.

The new function has FAR too many separate notifications for each photo and does NOT show the total count. It's messy, overcomplicated and not helpful at all. You should keep the old notifications. As many people have commented, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

view photos

Kanga-Lorraine says:

I really dislike it, too much unwanted garbage and very slow. Change just for the sake of.
Bringing up old faves from months ago, I could care less.

Good way to lose paying members (joined 2010 )
Bring back Recent Activity, it wasn't broken!!!!!

view photos

Los Paseos says:

This doesn't seem to be an improvement at all and seems to degrade functionality that was available before. It is much harder to parse what that actual activity any single photo is generating. It also seem to be designed to prioritize mobile use with too much white space for desktops, it lacks pagination, and it's slow (and recent activity does not actually seem to be showing up). Please don't replace the Recent Activity screen with this new notification center.
Los Paseos edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

s0340248 says:

If you make the right settings, my workflow is as before.

Latest activity >>> custom view
in the blue box on the right on notification settings
For notifications below, set everything and only one activity at the top, e.g. Favorites
After that will be changed to comments

A little awkward, but for me it works like it used to.

view photos

kate willmer says:

I like to go through the people who have left comments and faves on my pictures in a logical order - the new way this is set out the order keeps changing, pictures I've already gone through re-appear and I end up having no idea if I've replied to all the faves and comments I've been given. Much preferred the previous setting - I find the new one very frustrating

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

(301 to 400 of 1320 replies in New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads