Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 33 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

Gallery - What's this view of it ?
Latest: 55 minutes ago
No New Notifications
Latest: 2 hours ago
4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 3 hours ago
How to see the see the most recent posts from all the people I follow
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 7 hours ago
Why.
Latest: 8 hours ago
Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 10 hours ago
Albums not always showing in uploader
Latest: 14 hours ago
Flickr not working on Samsung smart TV web browser.
Latest: 18 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

Updates:

9/16/21: Summary of latest reply. If you have further questions or feedback about using the Notifications Center, please write to our Support team. The Recent Activity page will be sunset on December 15, 2021. Our latest reply also lists upcoming improvements that we'll be implementing based on your feedback and additional community feedback that we're taking into consideration.

9/08/21: Acknowledged feedback regarding seeing the total number of faves that a photo has and seeing all of your photos that someone has recently faved (currently notifications is only surfacing 12)

8/17/21: Acknowledged 2 known issues (slow loading and not seeing recent faves)

=======

Today, after months of development, feedback rounds with our members, and hard work, we are continuing our rollout from 25% to 100% of the new Flickr Notifications Center and Notifications Settings pages.

What does this mean?

We’ve expanded the current notifications from the bell icon at the top of Flickr and introduced a new tab for groups you admin. We’ve also introduced a Notifications Center page so you can see your notifications with more screen real estate.

What’s new?

The Notifications Center
The Notifications Center is a rebuilt version of the Recent Activity page designed to surface all of the latest activity related to your Flickr experience. To access the Notifications Center, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr, and at the bottom of the dropdown, you’ll see the link that used to read “View Recent Activity” now reads “View all notifications.” When you click that, you’ll be taken to the new Notifications Center, where you’ll be able to access all your notifications, filter your notifications by type (ie.: faves, group invitations, comments on your photos, etc.), and check the latest activity on your photos, groups, and conversations.

Notifications Settings Page
The Notifications Settings page allows you to turn on or mute notifications by type. This page gives you control over your in-site notifications as well as email notifications to decide what you’re notified about, how you’re notified, and even how often. To access the Notifications Settings page, click on the bell icon in the navigation bar at the top of Flickr and you’ll notice a new gear icon that will take you to the Notifications Settings page.

Group Notifications
For groups, we’ve added new notification types to let you know when admins update the group admin blast, as well as group description and rules. Additionally, group admins will now see notifications for the groups they admin as a separate tab so they can easily sort out the priority updates for their groups from personal notifications and from groups they don’t admin. If you’re not interested in receiving group notifications, you can turn them off on your Notifications Settings page. Please note that there’s no option to turn off notifications for all groups at once, so please be intentional about which groups you mute.

New ‘Options’ in your Groups page
As we are rolling out the new Notifications, you’ll also see updates to your Groups list page, where all of your groups are displayed. We’ve changed the name of “Faved Groups” to “Pinned Groups” to avoid conflating with the action of faveing photos/videos. Pinning a group will keep that group at the top of your list, and will ensure you get notified of any new group discussions posted to that group. There’s also a new column called Options, which lets you manage group notifications, show or hide groups from your activity feed, and more. If you desire, you can use the Options column on the Groups list page to mute/unmute each of your groups. To pin a group on your Groups list page, select the Options column three-dot menu next to the desired group and choose “Pin to top of page.” If you want a group pinned to the top of the page, but you don’t want group notifications, you can mute the group from the same menu, or from your Notifications Settings page.

Comment modal in Notifications (how to see all comments made for one of your photos)
When you click on a comment notification from the Notifications Center page, you will get a modal that lets you scroll through all the comments on the photo without leaving the Notifications dropdown or Notifications Center. You can also reply to the comments from that modal. For people who like to go through all their comment threads without context switching, this should be a useful workflow for you now.

You can see a video demo of this in action here.

Archiving (changes to how some notifications are presented)
With these changes, you’ll now see notifications for recent activity on your photos, discussions, and groups, rather than seeing every previous interaction associated with that photo/video/group, etc. Let's take an example:

In the old format, let's say I had uploaded a photo five years ago, and it had 45 faves already. If a couple of folks named Pat and John came along and faved it today, the notification would read, "Pat and John and 45 other people faved your photo." We were showing the count of the entire history of faves on the photo in the notification, even though some of the faves might have been five years old.

In the new format with this hypothetical example, you'll get a notification that says, "Pat and John faved your photo." We're surfacing what has happened recently and seems most relevant.

Likewise, we've changed some of the models for how notifications are presented, with the intent to cut down on the noise when, for example, one person faves a bunch of your photos. In the past, if Pat faved ten of your photos, you would have received ten separate notifications. With the new model, we'll now simply show you a batch notification that says "Pat faved ten photos'' with thumbnails for those ten photos. Here is a visual example.

Changes to the Recent Activity page
If you regularly use Recent Activity, you're going to notice a change to the navigation at the bottom of that page. Because we are archiving old notifications as described above, we're not able to maintain pagination at the bottom of Recent Activity. So where you previously could see page 1, 2, 3, etc., until the last page, you will now use a "next →" button to navigate. We’ve added a "start" button as well so that you don't have to use the back arrow on your browser.
If you notice that items you previously muted are showing up for you with new reactions in Recent Activity, this is due to the way the archiving data is stored. If you want to mute comments on a particular photo/video, for example, you’ll need to do that in the new Notifications to have it work on Recent Activity.

If you still regularly use Recent Activity and haven't explored the new Notifications, now is a good time to try the new system. We have spent the past few months monitoring the performance of this new experience and working to incorporate feedback to make sure that everything that you can view in Recent Activity is available in the Notifications Center or elsewhere on Flickr. We are keeping Recent Activity while everyone gets used to the new notifications center, but our plan is to eventually remove this page and focus on making notifications the go-to experience for keeping up with your activity on Flickr. We'll continue fine-tuning notifications, so if you notice anything that doesn't appear to be working as it should or you're unable to accomplish a specific workflow in notifications that you could in recent activity, please let us know here. We've also included an FAQ in our Help Center.

Answers to some FAQs about the new Notifications Center:

“The new system is missing some notifications. For example, I can’t find [X] notification type.”
We built the new Notifications Center with feature parity in mind, which means you should be able to see all the same types of notifications (and other new ones) that you used to see on the Recent Activity page. If you have lots of new activity that you need to manage, the Notifications Center page lets you filter your notifications by type. For example, show only notifications for comments, or only for group invitations, etc. You can select different filters depending on what you want to see. Click on the “All Notifications” dropdown at the top of the notifications list to apply filters.

“On the Recent Activity page, I was able to see individual replies and comments without having to open the actual photo page.”
You can do this from the new Notifications Center as well! When you click on a comment link from the Notifications Center page, you will get a modal that lets you scroll through ALL the comments for that image. You can also reply to the comments from that modal, without leaving the Notifications Center page.

“I want to see the list of people who faved my photo(s) without having to navigate to the actual photo page.”
Similarly to how we brought the comment modal into the new notifications after feedback that folks wanted to be able to see all the comments on a photo without having to go to the photo page, we are looking at how we can bring the fave modal that is currently on the photo page (e.g. “[person 1], [person 2] and [n more people] faved your photo”) into the Notifications Center and under the bell icon. We’ve wanted to update that modal component to have more functionality, so this is a perfect time to do so. We’ll work on that after we get 100% of the community into the new system.
Posted at 11:40AM, 26 August 2021 PDT ( permalink )
cabb88 (staff) edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
(401 to 500 of 1320 replies in New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.)
view photos

Alfred Grupstra says:

I like it, it's a great overview. When reading the other comments I think most other Flickr member don't like changes.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Boblovel says:

Don't like it put it back.

view photos

kurtwolf303 says:

Alfred Grupstra:

Hi Alfred ! I´m admin too, although only for one group. I must admit, I dislike every single change of these new notifications. That`s not what I was buying back in 2015. For example I am used to re-fave persons that fave my photos. How can I do this, when it is stated :
"Mr/Mrs X and 8 more faved your photo. Who are the 8 more ? No link, no nada. Yesterday I tried posting in a award group, where one has to award AND fave the photo. The awards were mentioned in the new notifications, the faves were not.....
As said, I and many others are here for faves and comments, all the rest ist too much and confusing.
Take a look at what "Los Paseos" stated above, his/her Englisch is much better than mine and he/she brings it to the point.
I´ll be gone from here if this persists.
Just my 2 Cents...
Regards

view photos

walter.innes says:

change is not always for the best....
just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
and it looks like many people agree.

view photos

Dan Elms Photography says:

If it worked properly, then I would add proper feedback.

Don't you do any beta testing before releasing something new on to the main site?

You get an alert to say someone has commented on / liked a photo - but then can't see which one...

Sort it out, and do some testing next time!!

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

walter.innes:

Agree!!!

view photos

Badge McVid says:

Excellent, keep up the good work. Gonna be fantastic once its 100% too.

view photos

Tony / Guy@Fawkes says:

Surprise surprise, it's no better today than it was yesterday !!

view photos

Pana53 - the photographer says:

Zu unübersichtlich weil man dadurch alle Benachrichtungen engeblendet bekommt und nicht die direkten Kommentare/Award zum eigenen Foto.

Man muss scrollen und dann wieder entsprechend das Foto anklicken!

Sehr umständlich!

view photos

anjo.ressurgente01 says:

I like to go through the people who have left comments and faves on my pictures in timed orde3r- the new way this is set out the order keeps changing, pictures I've already gone through re-appear and I end up having no idea if I've already reviewed them.
Much preferred the previous setting - I find the new one very frustrating particularly because I can't see how many "Pages" there are of Recent Activity

view photos

wertheim says:

I am using Flickr much less these days. One major reason is how frustrating it is to use the "new" RECENT ACTIVITY. If I miss it a few days the new way takes forever to show me each time someone has posted... and it repeats the same image. Wastes my time. I still don't understand why Flickr made this change. Please allow us to opt out of this setting. Thanks.

view photos

DavidC Photography 2 says:

I notice I can mute PHOTOS, although have to click the "..." in order to select it as one of the options.

HOWEVER, I cannot mute (for instance) "following you" notifications, even using the "..." (only options - send, follow, block)

view photos

Loops666 says:

I don't want to see notifications for groups, unless it's a personalized notification about something I specifically engaged with [recently] in that group.

I don't care if someone changed the title or description of the group.

view photos

adnex2 says:

Why am I not getting a notification when I’m being added to photos privately any more ?

view photos

Snoek2009 says:

The last mistake of Flikr. horribel.
take the old site back.

view photos

funkydeez2000 says:

I thought the new functionality was really good until I read all these problems that others have discovered.

Still, no reason to get all paranoid, abusive and overexcited because the Flickr Ninjas will manage to tease out the issues out of the vitriol and make adjustments. Surely, that is why there is a direct link at the top of the page asking for ‘FEEDBACK’.

Chill, people, chill :-) <3

view photos

Meino NL says:

Still very slow and frustrating to work with.

view photos

Kernowfile says:

Here are my initial thoughts regarding the new Notifications center:-

1) Positive:-
Groups - It is good to be notified when an image is accepted into a group pool, and even better to know when one has been rejected. As I suspected, and admitting that I have made some mistakes, most rejections are the result of pretentious and uninformative group titles, or because the requirements are unclear, inconsistently interpreted, or misleading. Group admins please choose an informative and clear group title, keep rules simple and interpret them consistently. I've deleted some groups already as a result of this change.

Collating notifications when one person faves a number of photos into a batch - good idea.

2) Negative:-
Total numbers of faves - this information is now missing on new fave notifications and is a definite miss for me. It matters not how old the faves are, the total number should be in the notifications otherwise the "number of faves groups" will not get updated as they have in the past.

Page layout in Notifications centre - WOW - so much wasted screen space - the Activity Center layout was far more concise and informative and used the space far more efficiently - less scrolling/mouse usage/finger wear and tear. PLUS, if you go into any item and then return to the page you are back on page one - more page turning which can't be avoided by remembering a page number and going back to it - you are limited to first/last/next, etc.

On balance my view is negative to the changes and it would have been better as an evolved version of "Recent Activity" rather than the revolutionary version that is the "Notifications Center".

view photos

Photography by Kelvin Fagan says:

I see new faves listed on the Android App, but after a while, they seem to disappear, and only see previously listed fave/notifications

view photos

my.travels says:

For most of the users the number of views, faves and comments for the photos are essential data since the major objective here is the photo itself. For that reason, "Recent Activity" is very important information source for many Pro users as they they do not use Flickr for photo storage; instead they use it for collecting faves and comments. Now, with the new notifications application focal point is being changed from the photos to the groups and commenting users.

view photos

kurtwolf303 says:

my.travels:

So true.......

view photos

Fotos4RR says:

In the settings there are quite a lot of possibilities, which is fine.
Please add a possibility to receive notifications from all or no groups. If users are in many groups, the current method (ticking every one separately) makes it very cumbersone.

Thanks!

view photos

albyn.davis says:

Kernowfile:

1) Positive:-
Groups - It is good to be notified when an image is accepted into a group pool, and even better to know when one has been rejected. As I suspected, and admitting that I have made some mistakes, most rejections are the result of pretentious and uninformative group titles, or because the requirements are unclear, inconsistently interpreted, or misleading. Group admins please choose an informative and clear group title, keep rules simple and interpret them consistently. I've deleted some groups already as a result of this change.

Definitely agree with everything said here.

view photos

Laz Rojas says:

I see some advantages to the new format, but some disadvantages as well. For example, one of my followers favorited seven of my photos and one video, but notifications says he favorited eight videos. I assume this happened because the last item he favorited was the video. Had he favorited one more photo after the video, it would say he had favorited nine photos. Had he favorited seven videos and then one photo, it would say he'd favorited eight photos.

view photos

francis_erevan says:

Excellent ! I really like it

view photos

sovcsil says:

There is no logic in the new lineup. Why change what works well?

view photos

kurtwolf303 says:

Kilrymont Ian:

Well said.

view photos

Zabou256 aussi sur Ipernity says:

Bof ! Inintéressant ! Pas de logique, pas clair, trop large (empiète trop sur les photos) ! Pourquoi changer quand quelque chose fonctionne bien ? !

Et je pense que c'est pour celà que j'ai été obligée de me reconnecter (identifiant, mot de passe).

view photos

Kilrymont Ian:

Je suis bien d'accord avec vous !
Pourquoi changer quelque chose dont nous sommes contents ?

view photos

Alfred Grupstra:

Surtout quand çà ne sert à rien ! Et là, je pense que c'est inutile.

view photos

Brunswick Forge says:

Well, it's slow and maybe a little too much info, but I'll live with it. I appreciate the efforts!

view photos

Patrick Feller says:

I have had no problems with the old system, and find nothing appealing about the new.

The change is not an improvement.

view photos

Viktor Manuel 990. says:

I do not like this. It is very Slow and Confuse.
Please get back to previous one.
Thanks.

view photos

Donkey Hot-tea says:

All those saying they think this a great move, won't be so keen when when they keep getting the spam.

I contacted Flicker when I was still getting unwanted notifications, even though I had been into settings and set: 'Comments on photos you’ve commented on' OFF.

After a day or two it settled down and I didn't get any. Now today they're back. I really don't care who has commented on a photo I commented on weeks ago. Why would I? Why would anyone want to know?

What's the point of giving us the option to switch various settings on or off when the damned thing just doesn't work.

The old RA wasn't broke and didn't need fixing. The new one IS broke and also doesn't need fixing - IT NEEDS BINNING!

Give us back what the majority want. Give us back the choice to switch back to something which most people liked. Which most people found easy to use. And which most people want (other than those who are probably only infrequent users and who haven't experienced the problems regular users are having to put up with).

Flickr - listen to your users !

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Alexis:

Hey Alexis! There's currently not a way to dismiss or a mute notifications that someone is following you because these notifications can only happen once. However, if you don't want to receive any future notifications that someone has followed you, you should be able to toggle off this notification in your notification settings. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or feedback about this.

view photos

albyn.davis says:

This thread is far too long for me to see if I'm repeating something, but I am guessing that those who bot their photos into every group (like a bus in "flowers") are going to see a lot of admin rejects in their Notifications.
albyn.davis edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Zevenaar's Pictures says:

Idont like it, i want the normal back, favs and comment and invites for photos and groups were fine this new is disgusting and confusing me a lot..

view photos

BogdanPuiu says:

Leticia Roncero:
I was really concerned of what would happen after the SmugMug acquisition and after seeing no real updates to the site for more than a year (at least on the client frontend).. I feared the worst.

The upgrade is great and I hope is a part of even bigger plans.
People will hate it as they are used to the old mechanism for many many years, and the first interaction with a new thing means conflict. It's OK, it will pass :)

Great to see updates and I hope we'll see more, especially on the feed side. I'd really like to see more pictures from the people I follow - and if I've already seen them, don't show them again - and so on. That will allow me to see and enjoy more pictures and also others to get to see mine too. :)

view photos

Basic LA says:

Why is this major disadvantage necessary, and who does it benefit? The simple, complete way worked fine. Now we have less.

view photos

Viejito says:

When in notifications we click on the title of a discussion thread that someone just replied to, it would be nice if we were then taken to the last page of the thread, not to the first.

view photos

sensuallightstudios says:

when I get multiple group invitations to the same picture, at the same time, from the same group admin, is there a button or something on the new notification page? I know if I click on the thumbnail I'll go to the photo page and see them there, which is fine. Just wondering if I've missed something new..

SLS

view photos

matt duke - thanks for 100M+ views! says:

Leticia Roncero:

Thank you for responding to my earlier comment.

I am disappointed to learn that RA will not be fixed and will be disabled. It met all my needs in an activity report. However, you asked that we take time to explore Notifications and provide input on how to improve it. In that spirit, I am providing the following constructive criticism:

In your response to my earlier comment, you said that flickr was looking into ways to show total cumulative favorite counts for each photo in the new Notifications. That's good news.

However, you did not respond to my additional feedback that notifications should be grouped by photo. Notifications by person is problematic. For example, today I have a notification that someone faved 100 of my photos.12 of the photos are pictured in Notifications - no clues about the other 88. This provides no useful information for me at all. It is hard to imagine how total fave counts can work within this format.

The current Notications format simply does not scale for accounts with a lot of activity (i.e. your long-term Pro customers). The format is unwieldy and does not provide the simple info I need - activity (including total cumulative faves) by photo. RA did this really well and I suspect that is why so many long term flickr users are not happy with Notifications.

At present, RA is broken (it just keeps repeating the same notifications in random order every time I click "Next"). I have explored Notifications and it does not meet my needs in any meaningful way.

Please understand that if I cannot get meaningful activity reports in a useful format, I will not be renewing the Pro membership I have held for 16 years.

Thank you.

view photos

my.travels says:

Leticia Roncero:

I have an idea for improvement of the Flickr. Here is the idea:

You can create a page in table format where photos of the user is listed on first column in thumbnail format; second column will have the number of views for the photo; third column will have the number of faves for the photo; fourth column will have the number of comments for the photo. The table list will be sorted in a way that last faved or commented photo will be in the first row. When the user right clicks on the thumbnail then a window pops-up and lists the last ten users who had faved or commented the photo. This will be very user friendly when it is used together with your fantastic new notifications centre.

Regards

view photos

my.travels says:

matt duke - thanks for 100M+ views!:

I agree Matt

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

my.travels:

Hello! The Stats page currently offers a lot of what you described. If you go to your Stats > Scroll to the "All Time views" section > click "All Photos and Videos" at the bottom of the table, you should see a table of photo thumbnails, with the amount of faves, views, and comments for each photo. The sorting and pop-up that you described is not currently an option (though you can sort the list by the number of faves, comments, and views), so that's great feedback for us!

Is this similar to what you were envisioning? If not, we're curious to hear what you would like to see improved.

view photos

scrapping61 says:

had no problem with the old way of doing things so probably will never visit the notifications page again

view photos

roll the dice says:

agree with SaffyH why the changes?...always have to spoil things...there should be a button to keep how it was.........

view photos

roll the dice says:

and bring back the `mute `button.....

view photos

Sal Patalano says:

for years, i have been requesting to see WHOM I FOLLOW THAT DOES NOT FOLLOW ME.....IS THAT SO DAMN HARD TO DO? GEE??????????????????????????????????????????

BTW, THIS NEW FEATURE, TO ME, IS USELESS.......

view photos

MurderWithMirrors says:

Hate the new notifications page, I want to see how many views & favorites a photo has, this page is almost useless to me. Also, why do I see so many duplicated comments on recent activity?

view photos

Ed Hurst, Spiffing Pics (1.3 million views!) says:

I love the existing Recent Activity functionality. My main use of it is to see activity on my pictures, including Comments and Favourites together (in chronological order) without seeing other things, like replies to my Comments on others' pictures. It just works and it's neat. Why change it? The new page just looks messy, doesn't give me what I need and generally feels like a retrograde step. Can't we just leave it as it is please?

view photos

decembre says:

Sal Patalano:
You can try this userscript :Flickr Non-Reciprocal Contacts Finder
By using its FIX:
Flickr Non-Reciprocal Contacts Finder (Fix) - by Kalev Lait photography

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

Loops666:

I don't want to see notifications for groups, unless it's a personalized notification

Hi! If you’re not interested in receiving group notifications, you can turn them off on your Notifications Settings page here, under "Groups".

view photos

. Quenida Quan . says:

Ridiculous and too much.

I only care about favorites and comments on my own posts. Make that easily accessible. Have a click for more option for people who want to see the other rubbish.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Leticia Roncero says:

Laz Rojas:

one of my followers favorited seven of my photos and one video, but notifications says he favorited eight videos

Thanks for this feedback! We're working to address this issue.

view photos

Rooftop Photography (Terry St.Louis) says:

Great more notifications I don't need, didn't want, and didn't ever ask for. I'm always amazed when great effort is made to make Flickr even more disappointing than it already is. Another function to turn off or disregard and a pointless change.

view photos

my.travels says:

cabb88:

Thank you for reply. I often use the stats feature you describe. However, it does not give what I want. I mean sorting the photos by time; latest faved or commented on top and earliest faved or commented on bottom and then the pop-up.

view photos

DrLensCap says:

When I go to groups, I have to individually click on all of the groups in order to get notifications to stop. I belong to a lot of groups. I do not want to get notifications every time a group administrator changes something. Well over half of the notifications I receive I am not the slightest bit interested in. I am only interested in the activity on my photos.

I also would like to see the faves & comments together, not a separate category.

I still do not see how this change benefits serious photographers such as myself. This seems more geared to the casual photographer that shoots quick photos with their phone and wants to instantly share them. There are already places to do this, such as Facebook. It seems that Flickr is moving away from serious photographers and trying to be a new Facebook. The Recent Activity gave me everything I needed at a quick glance. This new notification system is a nightmare.

view photos

hn. says:

I dislike the new notifications center, i tried it. Even after some fine-tuning, i dislike it.

Please keep the "Recent Activities" available as they were! (At this moment, they don't load.)

But the old-school "Recent Activities" should not only offer "Last hour" and "Last 8 hours" and longer time-frames, but also "Last 4 hours", "Last 2 hours" or so.

view photos

Debbie Dolittle says:

I like that Flickr is making an effort to improve the offering but ...

Items that show up in Notifications are not appearing in Recent Activities.
When in the new Notifications which shows comments exist on certain photos, all you can do from the menu here is e-mail, follow or block. Couldn't there be a reply to comment, maybe open each commented photo in a batch ...?

view photos

Charlie Wambeke Photography says:

Like the new notifications format.

view photos

philgee200 says:

Just awful - if it ain't broke don't fix it

view photos

Mobile Lynn says:

Can you please fix the current activity centre that I rely so much on. It is now very slow to load and the order of items that appear especially when moving forward page by page is all over the place. I like to see it image by image with all comments and favs on that image and in latest comment per image order. Since the change the latest comment order is all over the place. If the new notification centre does not give a view of comments, favs etc BY IMAGE IN COMMENT TIME ORDER BY IMAGE it will be unsuable for me and this is my go to method of tracking my images through their groupsand lifetime on Flickr. I live by my Custom View!!!!!! Before you could work through your images in Custom view page by page and as long as you didn't refresh you knew you were seeing all your images. Now you press next and everything refreshes so its like tracking a moving target and its not even accurate!!!!!!! Why break what isn't broken?
Mobile Lynn edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

edlp2k says:

Overall, I like the new look.

My problem areas:
No more page numbers in recent activity, just a "next" button = endless scrolling into nowhere land to find something

No mute button to to silence a 3rd party's commented picture in my photostream

No pending pictures count for the groups I moderate = extra clicks to go check.

I'm drowning in a sea of trivial Admin Blasts - a waste, I can look when I get there.

view photos

Kernowfile says:

It seems that I can only turn off all notification from a group or none. It is very useful to know when a photo has been accepted/rejected by a group admin. This is really a user/photo setting, not a group one. It should be possible to turn off notifications relating to pointless "admin blasts"(what a stupid title) whilst keeping acceptance and rejection notifications - particularly the rejections.

view photos

fryske says:

Latest fav notifications not showing for me

On the new page, can I set the filters to show x, y and z and not only x or only y

So for example, I don't care if an admin has changed the description of a group

view photos

fryske says:

Just to add -- -clicking the bell icon as mentioned at the top does not produce a drop down. It just opens the new notifications.

And it's too slow.

view photos

Avis1951 says:

Useless
My own answers done during the past five days gives the following result.
a) One comes up in the "old system" (in spite of you saying it has been changed into notifications
b) The others has not yet appeared anywhere, meaning I have to track down the photos and check if any answers have been given to me.
Stig

view photos

Kanga-Lorraine says:

I really don't like this mess, it's too slow and full of useless information
overload.

Give us back Recent Activity it wasn't broken so why try to look important by coming up with this trash.

Not happy with flickr.

view photos

GAZA62 says:

I like it

view photos

Zoom Lens says:

The new Recent Activity is totally useless. I used the former version several times a day, every day. This one is a complete waste.

view photos

caminanteK says:

¡¡Un desastre!!
Lentitud extrema.
Mal funcionamiento.
La página "Notificaciones" solo da 'algunas' notificaciones, no todas.
La página "Actividad reciente", ha dejado de funcionar.
¡¡Un desastre!!

Saludos

view photos

THR Photography says:

Painfully slow, not user friendly, please go back to how it was`!
I hate it, may leave flickr!

view photos

lexiegillmore says:

I like the new notifications I find it easier

view photos

decembre says:

By using the inspector of my browser, i notice they are a few of empty notification (at least in Bell Notification...

view photos

mmeastman says:

Horrible! This was a VERY BAD idea. TOO MUCH information. Stop it!

view photos

GeorgeM757 says:

My recent activity shows nothing now...what??? Everyday its something different, jumping all over......what's going on?????????

view photos

♥Infinity♥ says:

I don't like it at all, sorry :(

view photos

Jacek Magryta says:

The new "Notyfications" is not what I need.
"Recent Activity" was what I needed - it showed the activity in a set period according to my photos. I am demanding that it be overturned because it is currently suffering from valgus.
If I wasn't on Flickr for a week, for example, I could easily see the comment in my photos. Now it is not possible.

Jacek Magryta

view photos

whistle.and.run says:

Leticia Roncero:

I find the new changes very frustrating. The notifications are now full of group-related minor things I don't care about, and the only way to change this is to go through a list of all my groups and individually click on every single one that I no longer want to receive notifications for?? This is going to take hours.

Ridiculous that there is no clear option to turn off notifications for all group-related things, like admins changing descriptions or my photos being accepted.

view photos

tootdood says:

A load of rubbish, revert back to how it was please.

view photos

my.travels says:

Leticia Roncero:

If you please check past logs of Pro users, you would find out that RA page was the most visited page. Then, you can have your decision to turn it off or not.

view photos

rockwolf says:

Recent activity is very erratic, with some comments or faves sometimes missing, or not in chronological order... tad frustrating!

view photos

caminanteK says:

my.travels:
Entièrement d'accord.
Avec les nouvelles règles, je n'ai pas accès à mon activité récente. De ce fait, Flickr perd de son attractivité, et il est pratiquement impossible de suivre la vie de ses contacts.

Modifications jugés très négatives !

view photos

caminanteK says:

my.travels:

Comment cela "Then, you can have your decision to turn it off or not." ?

view photos

Maria-H says:

Please don't get rid of the of Recent Activity page - it is and always has been my go to, default Flickr page. I really do not like the new Notification page. Have an alternative view, by all means for those that want it - but why remove something that obviously many of us prefer?

view photos

my.travels says:

caminanteK:

Si Flickr peut voir que l'activité récente est la page la plus visitée, il annulera sa décision de mettre fin à la page d'activité récente. C'est ce que je veux dire.

view photos

Wilhelmus15 says:

I was certainly more at easy with the old system. I do not think that these changes are necessary or convenient. That said, I will keep supporting Flickr and posting photos onto it.-

view photos

I'mDKB says:

Don't be too proud to realise you have made a major booboo!
Recent Activity was THE page that all users go to.
It wasn't broke. It didn't need fixing.
Please revert back to it and feel the collective calmness all around. :0)

view photos

johngpt says:

Please, please, please keep the Recent Activity page and restore the mute notification button at the upper right corner.

Having yet a third mechanism to go to the photo's page to comment makes no sense.
One can click on the icon, one can click on the title and now one can click on that new comment button.

Please, keep Recent Activity and restore the mute button to the upper right corner.

view photos

Carla@ says:

THR Photography:

johngpt:

Totally agree.

view photos

TQTran says:

The new notifications page SUCKS! Unlike, the old page, t always lists the notifications out of order and, at times, it doesn't the latest notifications at all. And, it's way TOO SLOW also!

Please restore the old Recent Activity page!

Flickr just made another horrible update removing the old Recent Activity page!!!
TQTran edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

albyn.davis says:

Of course, the bewildering diversity of Flickr use and users makes it impossible to please everyone.
I've been supportive of the new Notifications, but have come to agree that the announcements of group "blasts" take up space unnecessarily (even for those of us who use groups). And the sequencing of events seems a bit unusual at times.

I do most work on a PC with a large screen, and it is easy to move the mouse to different sections to find the information that I "need."
Except for occasional glitches, the speed of operation is fast enough for me (and I think speed depends on other factors).

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

johngpt:

I hope more RA users can speak up!!!

view photos

Clement Tang * says:

Maria-H:

Agree totally!!

view photos

my.travels says:

johngpt:

I agree

view photos

my.travels says:

Something should be done
my.travels edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Claude@Munich says:

Can it be true that I have to individually deselect every group in which I am a member if I do not want to receive any messages from them?

Like this it is of no use to me.

So please add the functionality to deselect all groups of a special type on the level administer, moderate, member!

view photos

ShellyS says:

I'mDKB:

Don't be too proud to realise you have made a major booboo!
Recent Activity was THE page that all users go to.

RA was my landing page. Now it's the new Notifications page, which I've customized for my preferences, which includes turning off all group notifications. I'm very happy with the results. Not all of us are unhappy with the changes.

view photos

Baker_1000 says:

Think it would be better if it split notifications into two sections, one for photos/follows and one for groups. Just came on to 7 notifications and it was all people creating new threads in World Photography Day 2021. Rather only have notification alerts for my photos and follows. But I guess I'll have to customise it.

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
(401 to 500 of 1320 replies in New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.)
Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads