Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 8 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 2 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 2 hours ago
Problems adding images directly into Groups and Galleries
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 10 hours ago
Cant share multiple days from camera roll?
Latest: 10 hours ago
Is notifications a complete mess or am I missinng something?
Latest: 11 hours ago
Will there be any Pro offers for Black Friday?
Latest: 12 hours ago
Permission to buy prints
Latest: 13 hours ago
Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 15 hours ago
Any updates on total faves in Notifications?
Latest: 16 hours ago
Can't Add Image to Album
Latest: 18 hours ago
Photo being used in comments
Latest: 35 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

How do I delete one account but not my other account?

Ken James Photo Gallery says:

I somehow have 2 different Flickr accounts but they seem connected. One will open on sign-in, then if I click on Photostream it sometimes stays on the same account or sometimes opens the other account! Then I can't get back to the first account no matter what I try without logging out and logging back in again. How can I delete this second account without losing my first account?
Posted at 7:11AM, 20 August 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

ernstkers says:

ballaratdragons:

How can I delete this second account without losing my first account?

You must be sure that you are signed in to the account you want to delete. Then you can delete it.

If you are not able anymore to sign into the account you want to delete, then contact support: help.flickr.com/contact

Connected accounts" don't exist. You can sign in from any page on Flickr to your account, it doesn't need to be your own account. As soon as you are signed in to the account you want to sign in, then you'll return to the page where you were when you started the sign in process. That's not necessary the account you signed into.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )
ernstkers edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

I must correct you, as I do have connected accounts somehow. I open one, and when I click on the Photostream tab sometimes it opens the 223 photos in my account 'Ken James' with the text in the header saying 'joined 2014', but most times clicking on the Photostream tab opens the other account 'ballaratdragons' with the text in the header saying 'Joined 2013' and both accounts have different graphics in the header. If I am in the 'Ken James'' account and go up to 'You' in the Menu and click on ;Photostream' it always opens the 'ballaratdragons' account and I can't get back to the 'Ken James' account. So I don't know how you can say connected accounts don't exist when I actually have one.

view photos

ernstkers says:

ballaratdragons:

If I am in the 'Ken James'' account and go up to 'You' in the Menu and click on ;Photostream' it always opens the 'ballaratdragons' account

That's because you are signed into the ballaratdragons account. (It's also the account you use to post here, so you are signed into it)

ballaratdragons:
I can't get back to the 'Ken James' account.

That's because you are signed into the ballaratdragons account.

ballaratdragons:
I must correct you, as I do have connected accounts somehow.

The fact that you believe accounts can be connected doesn't mean they can. If you sign out and then go the the photostream of somebody else and then sign in while you're on tha page of somebody else, look what occurs. Does that mean that the account of somebody else is connected to your account you sign into?

view photos

Both of these accounts are mine. No matter what I try I cannot get back to my 'Ken James' account after I end up in my 'ballaratdragon' account'. The 'Ken James' account is the one I want to use but if I upload an image to it, the photo goes to my other account and then I can't get back to 'Ken James' without logging out, and back in again. Which seems pointless anyway because the photo I want to see in the ;Ken James' account is now in the other account I don't want. Weird!

view photos

ernstkers says:

ballaratdragons:

The 'Ken James' account is the one I want to use but if I upload an image to it, the photo goes to my other account

That's because you only can upload to the account you are signed into. So if you are on a page of the Ken James account and click the upload button, then the photo will be uploaded to the account you are signed into, which apparently is the ballaratdragons account.

It seems you are not able anymore to sign into your other account, so best is to contact support and ask them to guide you to the process of sign-in to the correct account: help.flickr.com/contact

view photos

I don't have any option to sign into different accounts. It only gives me one sign in option. Whenever I sign in it opens the Ken James account but whatever tab I click on it often opens my other account. Thank you, I will contact support.

view photos

Viejito says:

ballaratdragons:

Make sure you tell them exactly which Ken James account is yours, because there are dozens...

This one? www.flickr.com/photos/ken_james

view photos

Viejito:

Yes, that's mine. I included a link to my page in the email to support crew. Thanks.

view photos

forbirdz says:

I have the very same problem. very frustrated!

view photos

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

forbirdz:

I have the very same problem. very frustrated!

Have you read all replies above your post, telling OP (and you) how to get the issue fixed?

view photos

call2jamespaul says:

First, you delete browsing data, clear the history, cookies, and cache of your browser. Then log in with the account you want to delete and delete the account.
Go to flickr.com/account
Here you will see the delete option in Personal Information tab.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads