Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 14 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 2 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

Pictures not showing up today?
Latest: 22 minutes ago
Faves
Latest: 34 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 84 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Notifications - not showing older than 2hrs
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 4 hours ago
Inaccessible account, intimate family photos are public, I feel helpless
Can't Add Image to Album
Underscore of pronouns in Flickr Mail
Latest: 6 hours ago
Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
Latest: 6 hours ago
Flickr Support?
Latest: 8 hours ago
notifactions going crazy
Latest: 10 hours ago
upload error
Latest: 14 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

RSS Feed broken

Walwyn says:

The RSS feed for my recent activity is now showing activity from 12 years back. Feed being used is:

api.flickr.com/services/feeds/activity/all?user_id=552283...
Posted at 12:55PM, 1 September 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

Viejito says:

I have several RSS feeds, and they all look OK.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Walwyn says:

What about your recent activity feed? I'm getting an error

"No RSS feed item identified in document"

in one RSS feed reader and in another its reverted back to displaying something from 12 years ago (probably a cache). The RSS feed was working a few hours ago.

view photos

Viejito says:

Walwyn:

I always just used www.flickr.com/activity for recent activity. Of course, recent activity has been changed due to the new notifications center www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157719738061621, so that might explain why the old RSS link to it does not work.

view photos

Walwyn says:

Viejito:

Yeah I see they've got a new yada-yada page. No reason why that should cause them to break the RSS feed though.

view photos

Viejito says:

Walwyn:

Recent Activity is not part of ‘the new Flickr’. It may be discontinued. Many parts of it have changed. That is why I am not surprised that the RSS feed of that page stopped working.

view photos

Walwyn says:

Fixed now.

view photos

Viejito says:

Hurray!
(Are we the only two Flickr users who use RSS?...😎)

view photos

Walwyn says:

:( Woke up this morning and it was buggered again, still buggered.

view photos

Walwyn says:

Viejito:

Hurray!
(Are we the only two Flickr users who use RSS?

Dunno, but I run everything off RSS feeds. With all the broughahah they had over Aron Swartz you'd have thought they would have at least kept the RSS feeds going.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

Viejito:

(Are we the only two Flickr users who use RSS?...😎)

No no. Me too.
Everybody should now about RSS. Best technology on internet after email and www :-)

Btw, Flickr's RSS feed for Activity is a special RSS feed that requires authentication to read, thus it doesn't work with all feed-readers (And you cannot read other people's Activity feed).
But my activity feed (also still) works using Feedly. Not for all types of events offered by the new notification page on Flickr, but the usual commenting, faving, invites, new contacts, etc. are still there.

PS. My Flickr Fixr browser extension makes it easy to discover most of the RSS feeds offered by Flickr.

view photos

rixpix6 says:

Viejito:

I used to use it but it doesn't work anymore. I can no longer see who faved a photo of mine unless I go to the specific photo and open it. Then clicked faves to see who faved it. Totally useless. Like I'm gonna go thru a 1,000 of my own photos each day, click it, open the faves, scroll down the list to the bottom to see the latest faves. If I could remember them. Maybe they don't want people interacting with each other anymore.

view photos

Walwyn says:

Having watched the behavior for a couple of days it seems thaa the feed is still active. The feed reader I'm using is displaying the dumb message once the everything in thew feed has been read.

view photos

rixpix6 says:

Walwyn:

I get some activity but not all. My last three or four posts aren't showing any activity unless I click on the photo on the photostream where it shows 50 faves. The recent activity isn't showing anything. This is happening on a bunch of photos when it comes to faves. I tried the new activity feed which shows even less activity. I have to go look for it still. I never even got a notification of an Explored photo. I looked at the camera roll and saw something was up with the activity on an individual photo. I clicked on the photo on the photostream and saw the Flickr notice in the comments. It's been going on for weeks. I don't know how many people I haven't replied to.
rixpix6 edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

rixpix6 says:

It's still a mess. The I have four ways to check faves and none of them are showing the same faves. The only one that seems accurate is to click on a photo in the Photostream, click who faved it, then look down the list. The Recent Activities feed still works but shows the same photo on several pages with the same faves but doesn't show older photos that were faved ten hours ago. The new notifications is easier to read and respond to but is missing half the faves. To get the New Notifications page I have to be on Recent Activity page and click the bell. A new page opens but is half the activity. I'm spending too much time trying to figure out who faved what. I've noticed some unfaving of my newest photos going on Probably because I didn't repond to their fave. I have no idea who faved older photos in my Photostream. I get maybe half of those notifications.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads