Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 9 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

Intermittent issue when loading picture and either Albums or Groups is not functioning
Latest: 39 minutes ago
Editor
Latest: 89 minutes ago
Flickr pro pricing survey
Latest: 2 hours ago
Please, help! I'm not receiving any email notification about activity on my account.
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 3 hours ago
search.
Latest: 4 hours ago
Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
[Duplicate] Pictures not showing up today?
notifactions going crazy
Latest: 10 hours ago
upload error
Latest: 11 hours ago
Cast your photos from Flickr APP on Android or iPhone to Chromecast/device
Latest: 11 hours ago
Sorting photos in albums - basic
Latest: 13 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Comments not appearing in Recent Activity

amazingstoker says:

In the last 24hrs or so I've commented and faved a number of images, none of which are appearing in my 'Recent Activity'.

Recent Activity is updating on older images I've commented/faved, but not the recent ones.

Anyone else noticed this?

MTIA

Posted at 1:15AM, 3 September 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

Yes.

Based on this statement from staff, I would not expect Flickr to be spending any time diagnosing or fixing any problems with Recent Activity from here on out.

We are keeping Recent Activity while everyone gets used to the new notifications center, but our plan is to eventually remove this page and focus on making notifications the go-to experience for keeping up with your activity on Flickr.
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157719738061621/
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

erwan 2949 says:

yes, I noticed it
I use "custom views" through RA
and I made just few activities in order to understand if it works and how it works
I have to look to my STATS to see if there is activity and on which picture
and I see that some activity doesn't appear for a picture in the group DSLR 4 and 5, for instance
and however, I checked, I didn't disactivitate this group

how possible ?

view photos

amazingstoker says:

mag3737:

erwan 2949

Thanks both, I hadn't: noticed the comment that RA was being deprecated, and thanks too for the confirmation of my RA observation.

view photos

Ironmonger says:

amazingstoker:

yes, also pausing activity on a photo you commented on has gone

view photos

mag3737 says:

Ironmonger:

yes, also pausing activity on a photo you commented on has gone

This is also discussed in the link I mentioned above. Look for information about "muting" in the header topic there.

view photos

dajavous says:

Recent activity has just been the irritating panda screen for me for several days now. This happened only two days after any notification of the new set up. Shouldn’t there be some sort of statement on that page. RA is my landing page and I just thought Flickr was down completely. I am not liking the replacement at all.

view photos

Pink-Kat (Kate) says:

Not sure how to mute under new format?
Pink-Kat (Kate) edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

Pink-Kat (Kate) says:

amazingstoker:

Yes, same here!

view photos

mag3737 says:

Pink-Kat (Kate):

Not sure how to mute under new format?

As I mentioned just 2 comments before yours, it is explained in the link I gave higher above in this thread.

view photos

Pink-Kat (Kate) says:

mag3737:Thanks, I found it before your note! How cumbersome! - Kate

view photos

rixpix6 says:

Notifications on my photos has been missing for over a week. I'm not getting them. I have to got to each individual photo and open who faved it or the 100 others. I have to do this with each photo. I'm not going over 1000's of photos and checking who faved each one. If someone faves one from a month ago they won't get a response from me. In fact if it more than the last few I won't be responding. I'm not sure who was in charge of this debacle but it sucks. I went from 40 faves to three to five a day.

view photos

rixpix6 says:

amazingstoker:

It's been going on for over a week with me. I get very few notifications now. I have to go to each individual photo and open who faved it to respond. If you have 1000's of photos you can't keep up. I get notifications from some old and some new posts but I'm missing a bunch or they're buried in older posts. I'd have to go to each photo in my photostream and check who faved it. Even then I had to write down the last person who faved it to remember where it left off. For example: My last photo has five more faves since my last login. They aren't mentioned in recent activity or the notifications drop down. The only was I found them was to open the photo on my Photostream and click who faved it. It started with the last update I guess.
rixpix6 edited this topic 3 months ago.

view photos

andreytalalov says:

Your new 'Recent Activity' do not work on iOS 9
"Thank you very very"

view photos

Flickr Staff

katie_ko says:

At this time we we are not going to focus on improvements or fixes to the Recent Activity page and eventually, this page will be removed (& replaced with the new Notification Center).

We would like to encourage everyone to explore the new Notifications Center and share any questions or feedback with us, so we can keep improving the new experience.

In efforts to keep all feedback around this update in one place, we ask that the conversation continues in the official thread:

Ramping New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings to all members.

Thanks for understanding!

If you find your issue falls outside the expected behavior outlined in the thread above, please feel free to get in touch with staff directly!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads