Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 8 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

Intermittent issue when loading picture and either Albums or Groups is not functioning
Latest: 29 minutes ago
Editor
Latest: 78 minutes ago
Flickr pro pricing survey
Latest: 83 minutes ago
Please, help! I'm not receiving any email notification about activity on my account.
Latest: 84 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 3 hours ago
search.
Latest: 4 hours ago
Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Duplicate] Pictures not showing up today?
Latest: 9 hours ago
notifactions going crazy
Latest: 10 hours ago
upload error
Cast your photos from Flickr APP on Android or iPhone to Chromecast/device
Sorting photos in albums - basic
Latest: 12 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Are we allowed to post Amazon Affiliate product links in image descriptions?

timtak says:

I searched all over the Net and in the Flickr FAQ and on this forum. If I google amazon affiliate flickr one of the first hits is "Can I put amazon affiliate links on Pinterest" with the answer (yes), but I can't find an answer regarding flickr. Please be so kind as to let me know.

I thought perhaps that since Smugmug puts ads on photos, I think, they might not want us to do the same.
Posted at 7:17PM, 8 September 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

Nionyn_ says:

I've no idea what Flickr's official policy on this is (frankly, I doubt they actually have one), but you should be aware that many groups treat such links as spam, and will ban members for such behaviour.

Personally, I have banned group members for posting this kind of thing (which I consider spam), and I know that others have done likewise.
Posted 3 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

timtak says:

Thank you Nionyn

I was not thinking of posting to a group but only to the descriptions of my own photos, which I rarely post to groups and would not in this case.

It is the Flickr policy that i am after.

Tim

view photos

mcnod says:

timtak:

As a pro member you are allowed to promote your own photography and business. I think it quite a stretch to extend that benefit to promoting the products of other people and companies (for a commission). It seems to me that you are not selling your own product or service when you are an "amazon affiliate". Staff may weigh in here (I hope they do, I imagine many would like to see their stance on the matter posted publicly). I also hope the answer given is "no". Flickr is not Pintrest, let's keep it this way.

view photos

mcnod says:

timtak:

It is the Flickr policy that i am after.

Here is one example of flickr feedback that seems to shed some light on your question, shared to the help forum by a concerned longtime member:
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157713976175041/#reply7...

It does seem that it must be your own product, not a product that you endorse for a commission.

view photos

timtak says:

Thank you.

Only links to ones own products not random affiliate linking.

I have a sort of new use for a product so perhaps an exception will be made, since it is in a sense my product, but in general I am not going to do it.

Cheers,

Tim

view photos

Coyoty says:

timtak:

If you say "in a sense" it's your product, it's not your product.

view photos

mcnod says:

timtak:

but in general I am not going to do it.

but you have added the amazon links to your video. As you wish, it will be the test case.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads