Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 2 days ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 5 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

panda........
Latest: 38 seconds ago
ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ
Latest: 35 minutes ago
Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 84 minutes ago
Going to "end" in Faves
Latest: 2 hours ago
[BUG] Our Favorites: The last pages are empty (working before)
The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
Resume writing service in Canada
Latest: 3 hours ago
"You have no public photos."
Latest: 5 hours ago
Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 5 hours ago
New Notification Center IS NOT AVAILABLE TO ALL MEMBERS
Latest: 6 hours ago
Flickr not working on Samsung smart TV web browser.
Latest: 10 hours ago
Notifications -- why do I see several copies of the same comment
Latest: 14 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Android Flickr app

Latium says:

The ''improved'' notifications seems to have a knock on effect on the app on my Android mobile.

Am not getting updated notifications, have checked all settings, and they are correct.

Anyone else having this problem with notifications?

topic edited by Flickr staff
Posted at 7:45AM, 12 September 2021 PDT ( permalink )
Melanie0426 (staff) edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Nobby knipst says:

Latium:

I'm not getting updated notifications anymore too, I've to end and restart the App everytime, sometimes twice or more. flickr is a pitty!
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

albyn.davis says:

Latium:

I have not noticed much change on my Android phone, but I don't use it much for photography. Use it mainly to check into Flickr for the basics.
Certainly Flickr looks and behaves differently among my phone, tablet, and PCs. Screen size seems to cause variations.
Or, it's just my imagination.
albyn.davis edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

Latium says:

Nobby knipst:

I have stopped the app and restarted it several times with no success, and have even uninstalled the app and reloaded it, but to no avail.

Let's hope Flickr respond, but thanks for offering your experiences..

view photos

Latium says:

albyn.davis:

It does behave odd, your right, but this lack of notifications is a new oddness :-)

Thanks for responding.

view photos

JessicaMarrone says:

Latium:

I'm having the same problem. Ever since the improved notifications, I get none in the app on my Android phone.
😭

view photos

Latium says:

JessicaMarrone:

Frustrating isn't it, but Staff are not responding so...

Thanks for your response anyway.

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Latium:

Nobby knipst:

JessicaMarrone:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do not currently have a report on missing notifications for Android devices. I will be emailing you all to gather more information and get examples of the notifications that are not being received.

Just as a note, the forum is for member to member assistance. If you need assistance from the support team, we ask that you contact us directly here:
help.flickr.com/contact

view photos

Coyoty says:

I'm getting notifications, but not entirely grouped. All faves or comments for a photo were grouped in single notifications before, but now I'll get several separate notifications.

view photos

Latium says:

Melanie0426:

Today I had a notification of one comment, the first for four days, BUT, I see on my laptop there are many others!

Chaos or what!

view photos

Flickr Staff

Melanie0426 says:

Thanks everyone for the examples and providing additional information.

We are looking into this further, in the meantime, may I have everyone double check that they have set their preferences in the new notification center on a web browser on your mobile device or desktop.

This will ensure the notifications will reflect correctly in the app here:
www.flickr.com/account/email

I will report back here with any updates.

view photos

fs999 says:

Flickr Schedulr can't retrieve account informations (timeout) since a week between 19:00 UTC+2 and 20:50 UTC+2 !

WHAT HAPPENS TO FLICKR `?!

WHY AM I PAYING FOR SUCH A MESS ?
fs999 edited this topic 6 weeks ago.

view photos

mag3737 says:

fs999:

Flickr Schedulr can't retrieve account informations (timeout) since a week between 19:00 UTC+2 and 20:30 UTC+2 !

Sounds like you are using a third-party application ("Flickr Schedulr") to interact with Flickr. This is not usually something that Flickr staff can help with directly. You might get lucky and find fellow users here who can help. But most likely you will need to contact developers of that application to get the best help with this problem.

view photos

fs999 says:

mag3737:

Sounds like you are using a third-party application ("Flickr Schedulr") to interact with Flickr. This is not usually something that Flickr staff can help with directly. You might get lucky and find fellow users here who can help. But most likely you will need to contact developers of that application to get the best help with this problem.

Since june 2019 it is not working correctly, but the application hasn't changed since 2017. The problem can only be on flickr's side...

view photos

mag3737 says:

fs999:

Since june 2019 it is not working correctly, but the application hasn't changed since 2017. The problem can only be on flickr's side...

Even if technically true, unfortunately that's not really a realistic/accurate way to describe the situation. The change might certainly be on Flickr's side, but the reality of application development is that when an app developer (such as Flickr) provides APIs for third parties to use, the app developer sometimes has to make changes to those APIs. But then (again, being realistic, not idealistic) it must be up to the third party developers to perform the necessary updates/maintenance of their own applications to keep things in working order.

view photos

fs999 says:

Then they have lost a client.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Your profile page says that you are a programmer. I'm frankly surprised that you would have such intolerance of this relatively universal fact of the industry.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads