Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 30 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 6 weeks ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 11 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 17 months ago

Current Discussion

4K Apple TV - Flickr App not working
Latest: 33 minutes ago
No New Notifications
Latest: 3 hours ago
Gallery - What's this view of it ?
Latest: 3 hours ago
How to see the see the most recent posts from all the people I follow
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Monitoring Fix] panda........
Latest: 5 hours ago
Why.
Latest: 5 hours ago
Sudden drop in overall views.
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] The "Your Inbox Appears Empty" bug strikes again
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 7 hours ago
Albums not always showing in uploader
Latest: 12 hours ago
Flickr not working on Samsung smart TV web browser.
Latest: 15 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

"Let us know what you think."

Lincs L&P says:

The words "Let us know what you think" appears when I keep getting to see what others have posted on the shots I have posted. Click on the link that we are lead to in the Help Forum, but you don't want to know what people think as you have closed the thread down.

I click on the recent activity button and there is hardly any recent activity. as I know that someone has left words on 8 images but they no longer appear for me to read as they used to. This isn't working as it now takes an age to keep searching each individual shot. The one thing this isn't is progress, and has been badly thought out. If you want to drive people away you are doing a wonderful job.

No doubt I will be told I have it totally wrong and you will put me right.
Posted at 10:47PM, 22 September 2021 PDT ( permalink )

view photos

Rick2E says:

Lincs L&P:

Fully agree. All changes for changes sake.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

rixpix6 says:

Lincs L&P:

It's a total mess. I've four ways to check to see who faved a photo and none of them show the same activity. The only one that shows all of the faves is to click the photo in the Photostream, click who faved it and then look down the list. Then move to the next photo and do the same routine. Can you image doing that to 1,000 photos. Sometimes I get a comment from someone. I click on the photo in my own photostream, click who faved it and there they are. I check their faves and it's there but I've no notiification.

view photos

rixpix6 says:

I do this for fun and you're taking the fun out of it!!!!
I don't mind sharing photos. Giving and getting comments is what makes it fun. If it becomes a hassle people won't do it anymore.

view photos

Lincs L&P says:

rixpix6:

I've just done that and found that some photos had been faved, but no notification. So do I both searching now or hope I might be lucky to spot it.

view photos

my.travels says:

I guess the aim is here to reduce the number of images in the system.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

Lincs L&P:

The words "Let us know what you think" appears when I keep getting to see what others have posted on the shots I have posted. Click on the link that we are lead to in the Help Forum, but you don't want to know what people think as you have closed the thread down.

Agree, this looks sloppy and unprofessional. Flickr should remove the "let us know wha t you think" banner on the recent activity page if it is simply going to direct users to a locked thread in the help forum.

view photos

Flickr Staff

cabb88 says:

Hey, folks. We're sorry for the banner and we're working on updating it.
To ensure that we address everyone's feedback, please write to our Support Heroes team if you have anything that you'd like to share. Our goal here is to make sure that we're addressing everyone that has feedback and to help anyone that has questions about using the new Notifications Center and Settings.

rixpix6: We are revisiting the fave notification to see if and how we can surface more thumbnails when an individual faves more than 12 of your photos. If you're referring to something else, please write to us to let us know.

Thank you,
Carol

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads