Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 3 days ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

[Investigating] Notifications
Latest: 4 hours ago
Flickr action required - Can't see pages in group from page 25 (of 41) on…
Latest: 4 hours ago
Flickr Uploader macOS Montery Not Uploading from Photos Library
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Investigating] Unable to open Faves by others of my pics.
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 16 hours ago
App Garden
Latest: 17 hours ago
EXIF Data Display Issues
Latest: 20 hours ago
Videos Don't Play
Latest: 36 hours ago
delete pictures in fav
Latest: 2 days ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Automatically Alphabetize Albums
Email Notifications not working
More...

Search the Help Forum

Personal Information

Tj & Jo says:

In my personal information under my Profile, what is the difference between the 2 PRO buttons?
Posted at 5:05AM, 3 October 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

Viejito says:

The ones with the other button have been paying from before a certain date in the past.
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

conall.. says:

Tj & Jo:

Viejito:

if you have been paying since before that date then you have a choice of having either the old classic Pro button or the modern one

view photos

Viejito says:

conall..:

then you have a choice
Right. So all the ones with the other button, and some who did not bother or who preferred the boxed button, have been paying from before a certain date in the past.

view photos

MabelAmber***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

Tj & Jo:

what is the difference between the 2 PRO buttons?

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157704759553421/#reply7...

Full (staff) quote:

"This. It's a thank you for our long-term Pro members. We released it to folks who were active Pro members a few months ago as a way for old-skool subscribers to show their pride. If you were a paying Pro when we released the badge, look at your Profile section in your account settings and you will see the option to toggle between the old-skool badge and the new."

view photos

mcnod says:

Tj & Jo:

what is the difference between the 2 PRO buttons?

One thing to keep in mind is that no matter what style button an account holder sports beside their buddy icon and screen or real name, there is in fact, no difference in the features and benefits they each receive for being a flickr "Pro" member.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Here is a timeline. Does anyone know more precise dates?

1. In the Elder Days, from the dawn of time*, pro badges looked like the word "PRO" (blue) with a pink underline. *Or perhaps I should say, from the dawn of pro accounts. Did those exist at the true dawn of time? I joined the party a year or two later.

2. Once Upon A Time, in a global Flickr site update, "they" changed the pro-badge universally to the current default monochrome "pro-in-a-box" version.

3. Once Upon Another Time (end of 2018, beginning of 2019), staff handed out the little perk quoted by Mabel just above. Members who had been continually paying for pro as of a certain date (roughly Fall of 2018) were given the option to choose their badge. Note: this new-old-skool badge is not actually identical to the one from the dawn of time; it is a modern rebuild of the same design idea. The typeface is slightly different, and IIRC maybe so are the colours (insofar as one can judge at such a small size anyway).

view photos

mcnod says:

And thank goodness the "shield" styled badge ended up only being used in a very limited number of places (the account setting page for one as I recall).

view photos

Viejito says:

mag3737:

The typeface is slightly different
Indeed: Back then it was .

view photos

mag3737 says:

Ah, yes, lowercase also, I forgot that.

Good find btw. I just wasted half an hour trying to find old screenshots with that badge, but could not find one with good resolution. I did not think about the wayback machine.

The new-old-skool badge is SVG. Here it is rendered larger. It is a mystery to me why it does not use the blue colour of Flickr's actual logo. The pink is correct.

Not the right blue

view photos

mcnod says:

mag3737:

It is a mystery to me why it does not use the blue colour of Flickr's actual logo

Well, it's white on your photostream cover, btw - have you ever thought to hover over the badge on your photostream cover?

view photos

mag3737 says:

mcnod:

have you ever thought to hover over the badge on your photostream cover?

Yes, I think I have noticed that before.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads