Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 61 minutes ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

Adding ones own photos to a gallery
Latest: 73 minutes ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Feed page vs. People page
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Investigating] Notifications
Latest: 5 hours ago
My latest pictures aren't showing up in public search
Latest: 8 hours ago
Missing cameras in Camera Finder
Latest: 12 hours ago
Billing mistake (Yours)
Latest: 12 hours ago
Option to gift Flickr Pro on photo pages
Latest: 13 hours ago
Flickr action required - Can't see pages in group from page 25 (of 41) on…
Latest: 14 hours ago
Albums order
Latest: 15 hours ago
my photo was changed by FLICKR MODERATION BOT
Latest: 16 hours ago
Trending
Latest: 17 hours ago
Notifications: wrong numbers
Latest: 22 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Free Pics from Internet. Not Old, but in Public Domains or under any Free Licence

Striderv says:

I have discovered, thanks to the Pro perk of Pixsy, that one of my images with all rights reserved has not only been shared on another Flickr users photo stream it is in an album with the title "Free Pics from Internet. Not Old, but in Public Domains or under any Free Licence".

My image used is not in the public domain nor free to use and share. This user even had the audacity to license it to Creative Commons so other sites have used it believing it was OK to. Yes I have reported the image to both Flickr and Creative Commons. Flickr needs to start policing its members better and perhaps with every upload make the up loader tick off a box that they are the owner of the copyright or have permission with a reminder of the penalties for sharing other peoples copyrighted images.

This stealing of images and the lack of proactive policing of photo theft is why I no longer have 75,000 images on Flickr and those I do have are almost all only now available for family and friends.
Posted at 10:57AM, 4 October 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

MabelAmber***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

Striderv:

perhaps with every upload make the up loader tick off a box that they are the owner of the copyright or have permission with a reminder of the penalties for sharing other peoples copyrighted images.

Good idea.

This is the thread where staff are looking for suggestions, so best to add it there:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157714720744427/page11/
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mcnod says:

Striderv:

or have permission

By the letter of the documents, there is no provision for "permission" in the TOS and guidelines, the material must be that of the account holder.
Posted 4 months ago. ( permalink )

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads