Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 6 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 28 minutes ago
Sorting photos in albums - basic
Latest: 2 hours ago
My Group Disappeared
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 4 hours ago
No photos in Camera Roll .
Latest: 6 hours ago
[Resolved] Stats Sources Not Showing
Latest: 9 hours ago
private photos in albums
Latest: 10 hours ago
Flickr Support?
[Resolved] 504 Bad Gateway
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Pictures from account I dont follow in my Feed
Please, help! I'm not receiving any email notification about activity on my account.
Latest: 11 hours ago
Faves
Latest: 12 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

new activity thread

Jeffxyz says:

Since the new activity thread roll out, both on my android phone and my PC, comments and faves just disappear from the "recent activity" page. They are still there on the actual images but often if someone replies to a comment it doesn't show up. It's dreadful now!
Posted at 12:01AM, 28 September 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

Latium says:

Jeffxyz:

Exactly the same for me, plus the comments appear twice when using the all comments header!
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

Jeffxyz says:

Latium:

yes, that as well!

view photos

Viejito says:

Latium:

the comments appear twice
If you choose to see all the comments, as well as the ones that mention you, it does indeed mention the latter twice.

view photos

Lincs L&P says:

Sometimes someone will post words on several images but when you hit the Recent Activity button there is nothing so then you have to spend ages looking for what they have said in case there is a need to reply to a question they may have asked. Hopeless.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

Latium:

Exactly the same for me, plus the comments appear twice when using the all comments header!

This is because you are actually seeing two different notifications. One is that someone has mentioned you by name. Two is that someone has commented on a comment after you have.

The system should be smarter and realize that when this happens there is only a need to show you the single notification, not two in a row.

Perhaps this change will be implemented in the future.

Lincs L&P:
Sometimes someone will post words on several images but when you hit the Recent Activity button there is nothing so then you have to spend ages looking for what they have said in case there is a need to reply to a question they may have asked. Hopeless.

Yes, one of the biggest disappointments is when activity is not reflected in your notifications. I suspect someone could feel slighted if they ask you a question and it feels like you are just ignoring them when they really don't realize you just never saw their comment.

One thing I've found that helps here is to filter out some activity items. For example, when I feel like I'm missing comments, group invites, whatever else I will filter out favorites in my notification setting and sometimes it seems like this missing activity shows up. Sometimes if it still doesn't show up you might try viewing only that source of activity. It's frustrating but I suspect it gets better (hopefully) in time as they keep working on it.

view photos

Latium says:

Thomas Hawk:

Frustrating?

It's a bloody shambles, and a disgrace to paying customers!

We shouldn't have to be messing about juggling between activity headings etc

The existing system worked fine.

I notice staff are conspicuous by their absence, mind you when they do get involved they tell people to email support and close the thread, thereby sweeping matters under the carpet, again.

You undoubtedly mean well, but we shouldn't even be having this discussion if Flickr was run professionally.

Rant over.

Best.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads