Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 25 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
Latest: 20 minutes ago
Sorting photos in albums - basic
Latest: 33 minutes ago
Cast your photos from Flickr APP on Android or iPhone to Chromecast/device
Latest: 3 hours ago
Cookie consent form frozen
Latest: 8 hours ago
To staff: Re: submitting a report under contact button - original goes missing
Latest: 11 hours ago
Faves
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 15 hours ago
Flickr Support?
Latest: 16 hours ago
Favourite lists
Latest: 16 hours ago
What will happen to my photos if something goes wrong on the day of the renewed subscription
Latest: 18 hours ago
Pictures not showing up today?
Latest: 18 hours ago
Underscore of pronouns in Flickr Mail
Latest: 35 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Cannot Download Photos from Web Browser on iPhone

resterphotography says:

This problem has been bugging me for a couple of years now. When viewing flickr on my iPhone through the Safari web browser, I cannot download an individual photo. When clicking on a photo in an album, it goes to a new page with the photo. Below the photo is a star icon, comment icon, and the share arrow icon. You can press and hold the image and pop up comes up with open, open in background, download linked file, add to reading list, copy, and share options. Unfortunately these options are for the html page containing the photo and not the actual photo. There used to be a download arrow icon below the photo, but that disappeared a couple of years ago. The download arrow icon is still there when viewing albums and photos on a computer and on an iPad. I still have a download album icon when first clicking on the album on my phone, but I cannot download an individual photo. Permissions allow downloads.

I am trying to send out photos to others so they can view and download the photos via a web browser on their phone. I do not want them to have to download an app and sign up just to download the photos. Can anyone provide any help?
Posted at 1:40PM, 21 October 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

Outside of the Flickr app, I have only been able to download photos on a mobile phone using the Chrome browser. But i have to click on the three dots menu on the top right side next to the address bar and tell it to show me the desktop version of the site. Then I get the download arrow appearing under photos and I can download whatever size I want.

I am not familiar with Safari but maybe there is some kind of similar thing where you can tell it to show you the desktop version of Flickr and then it will give you the download arrow.
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

resterphotography says:

Midnight-Blue:
Searching for the desktop version worked. There is an “aA” icon available in the top corner positioned before the address bar. It opens the website view menu. From there you can choose the “Request Desktop Website” option that now shows the download arrow. Thanks for the idea.

view photos

Midnight-Blue says:

resterphotography

Yay!

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads