Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 27 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 3 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 12 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 18 months ago

Current Discussion

upload error
Latest: 10 minutes ago
Cast your photos from Flickr APP on Android or iPhone to Chromecast/device
Latest: 15 minutes ago
Structural Underreporting in Bell Icon
Latest: 2 hours ago
Sorting photos in albums - basic
Latest: 2 hours ago
Cookie consent form frozen
Latest: 10 hours ago
To staff: Re: submitting a report under contact button - original goes missing
Latest: 13 hours ago
Faves
Latest: 16 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent activity - Can we have it back? Please???
Latest: 17 hours ago
Flickr Support?
Latest: 18 hours ago
Favourite lists
Latest: 18 hours ago
What will happen to my photos if something goes wrong on the day of the renewed subscription
Latest: 20 hours ago
Pictures not showing up today?
Latest: 20 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Notifications -- why do I see several copies of the same comment

swanq says:

When I look at my notifications, I often see more than one copy of the same comment on a photo I have commented on (not a photo of my own). This is really annoying because it slows down load time and means i have to scroll down further to find different comments.

Is there a way to organize notifications by photo rather than chronologically and include only one entry for a photo with a comment thread I am participating in? Recent Activity is much more efficient for that.
Posted at 11:21AM, 23 October 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

swanq:

I often see more than one

Do you see more than two?

Two is "working as designed" in cases where the person who wrote a reply also tagged you with @yourname in the reply. Flickr is showing one notification for the fact that there was a reply, and another notification for the fact that you were tagged.

Many people have previously complained that they do not like this design.
Posted 6 weeks ago. ( permalink )

view photos

swanq says:

mag3737:

I just checked. I see two together if I'm tagged. If I see more than two, they are different comments on the same picture.

view photos

Thomas Hawk says:

swanq:

This is really annoying

Flickr wants to make sure you know that a comment was made on a photo you previously commented on AND that someone replied to you specifically, hence the confusing duplicated notification.

It's very clunky, unnecessary and I'm surprised has made it into the product. In the year 2021 Flickr should be smart enough to know that when someone mentions you and replies one in the same that only one notification is probably needed here.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads