Help / The Help Forum

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 8 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

EXIF Data Display Issues
Latest: 88 minutes ago
[Investigating] Unable to open Faves by others of my pics.
Latest: 7 hours ago
This happens only in Flickr. If I'm in a Folder making comments, when I hit the back key it brings me back to my photo stream.
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Investigating] Notifications
Latest: 18 hours ago
add a link to all photos
Latest: 25 hours ago
What Happened To My Flickr Page ?
Latest: 25 hours ago
Bad Gatway 502
Latest: 2 days ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Pictures from account I dont follow in my Feed
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Email Notifications not working
Not good !
Latest: 3 days ago
Topics you've posted in (Help Forum)
Latest: 3 days ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Android App: Missing notifications

G_E_R_D says:

When I click the bell in the browser (Chrome, Edge, Opera),
I see these notifications:

Flickr-web-bell-notifications

But, if I tap on the bell in the Android app at the same time, I only see these notifications (the missing ones are marked with a blue X in the first screenshot) :

Flickr-android-notifications

So it looks like the Android App fails in displaying many notifications.

Or is there any setting in the Android App, or in the new Notification Center, that ensures that all notifications are displayed in the App?

Android App Build-Version 4.16.3
Android 11
Posted at 11:57AM, 10 November 2021 PST ( permalink | reply )
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

G_E_R_D:

Thanks for flagging.

We have had additional reports from members experiencing the same issue with Android App notifications.

We have a bug report filed with our engineers. We will continue to update this thread as things progress.

Thanks!
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

jfk30001976 says:

R L Catlow:

Any further update?
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

Today a new Android App version appeared in the Google Play Store, build version 4.16.5 (40160050). With this version nothing was changed regarding the above mentioned bug. It still exists.

Staffer Melanie0426 wrote in another thread (www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157720293700805/#reply7...):

"You'll also notice that we now batch notification activity when a single member interacts with multiple photos. For example, if a person faves 5 of your photos, rather than seeing 5 separate event notifications, you'll see one notification containing the details."

Yes, we have been seeing this behavior for about 3 months now. And since these 3 months the Android app is broken, because every time a single member faved or commented on more than one photo within a short period of time, not a single one of these faves or comments is shown in the App. They are simply not displayed there. This happens every time the "batch notification activity" turns multiple faves or comments from a single member into one single notification.

Those members who are handling Flickr exclusively with the App on their Android devices have absolutely no idea that they may have gotten a lot of faves and a lot of comments because they didn't see any of them.

Many members often go to the photostreams of those members who have left faves or comments on their photos, often to fave or comment there as well. But if they have no idea regarding received faves and comments, then of course this does not happen. Maybe this is one of the reasons why there have been so many complaints that the views are so low.
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

Jeffxyz says:

i frequently get the same problem with the android app!
Posted 5 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

Once again, a new Android App version has been released in the Google Play Store: Build version 4.16.6 (40160060).

And again, with this new version, nothing at all has changed regarding this bug. It is still present.

To recap:

Every time a single member faved or commented on more than one photo within a short period of time, not a single one of these faves or comments is shown in the App. They are simply not displayed there.

Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink | reply )

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads