Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 15 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

spam
Latest: 20 minutes ago
Organize page down?
Latest: 4 hours ago
[Resolved] Unable to open Faves by others of my pics.
Latest: 8 hours ago
App Garden
Latest: 8 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 9 hours ago
My latest pictures aren't showing up in public search
Latest: 10 hours ago
Albums order
Latest: 13 hours ago
Email Notificatgions STOPPED
Latest: 14 hours ago
How Can I delete Old Photos So I can Add New Photos?
Latest: 15 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 17 hours ago
? instead of a picture in notification mail
Latest: 17 hours ago
Flickr Uploader macOS Montery Not Uploading from Photos Library
Latest: 21 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Problems adding images directly into Groups and Galleries

birdcloud1 says:

Over the last few days and today, I've been unable to add an image on my photostream to a Group directly from the image page. When I click "add" I am taken to the group page instead.

Likewise with trying to add someone else's image to one of my Galleries, instead of being able to do it directly from their image page, I've been taken directly to my Gallery. Once it worked directly as it's supposed to... but after that, on subsequent images, it reverted to taking me to my Gallery.

I'm in New Zealand, using Safari.

I hope this makes sense...

Thanks for all the work you do behind the scenes!
Posted at 12:29PM, 21 November 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

AJ8MH-Radio says:

I reported a like issue two weeks ago. Melanie from Flickr Support was trying to help, but she couldn't duplicate. I have the problem with the latest FireFox and Chrome on a desktop and a laptop. Yes, two computers.

If I click on an image from Photostream and try and add that image to one of my Albums, it just takes me to the Album and the photo is not added. The only way I am able to add to an Album is to drag-and-drop from within "Edit in Organizer". Trying to add to Album from Camera Roll just takes me to the Album, also...
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

birdcloud1 says:

Thank you AJ8MH-Radio:

I'm still have difficulties adding an image to a Gallery. I click ADD to a gallery... and it takes me straight to the gallery. The image is not added. It worked once... but many tries do not.

Any help appreciated flickr!

view photos

InnAtElmwood says:

I’ve had this same issue in the past several days, too. I found that by clicking or touching (tablet) farther to the right on the selected group or gallery, the photo would be added correctly. I know it sounds weird.

view photos

decembre says:

It seems that i have not this problem with Waterfox, my principal browser (a Firefox fork).

For the"Add to Pool" / "Add to Gallery" / "Add to Album".

In Photo page i can add a shot directly (without leaving the photo page) and work without problem
with the links provide in it.
A Modal open in it with my Pools / Galleries / Album choice.

Same in different pages where a "+" it shown at the bottom of each shots..
Note:
don't use the "add to Pool" function very often.
;-)

view photos

birdcloud1 says:

InnAtElmwood:

Thank you so much for this response!!!!

I tried clicking to the right of the Gallery icon in the white space... IT WORKS!!!

It now seems clicking onto the Gallery icon is a direct link to the Gallery... it doesn't work for me as a way to add the image.

I'd like to give some feedback to flickr design/technical staff...
I think it would be more intuitive to have the icon itself as the link to place the chosen image into the Gallery.

But I'm really happy to have found a solution for now.

Thanks again!

view photos

mag3737 says:

May I ask on what page/link you are all doing this clicking? I want to see/try these links for my own curiosity.

The reason I'm asking is: It's pretty standard functionality on the web that if you click on a representation of a thing (an icon or a name for example), it means "go to that thing". I'm just wondering if there are other visual cues on this page that suggest it should be otherwise in this situation.

view photos

birdcloud1 says:

mag3737:

Sure. if I want to add someone's image to a Gallery I'm adding it in the 'add to gallery' box on the their image page.

I then have to choose which of my Galleries I want the image to be in.
I click on the Gallery in the list.
It shows up and I instinctively want to click on the Gallery icon.
If I do this it takes me straight to the Gallery itself.
From what you write I can see you expect that to happen.

Of course now I've found out that's not how it works... that I need to click either the words or to the right in the blank space.

But I didn't expect it... and it still feels to me as if, in that context, the intuitive thing would be to click the icon for the image to be included in that Gallery.

view photos

mag3737 says:

birdcloud1:

I can understand how it feels that way. The whole purpose of that dialog is about adding to a gallery, so it feels like the whole entry for each gallery -- icon+name+whitespace -- should be a gigantic button. If I were to second-guess the design team, I'd guess they want to have some area set aside as a way to view the gallery (e.g., suppose in mid-operation you want to take a peek at your gallery, to be really sure it is the gallery you intended), and maybe the icon (being set to one side of the area) seemed best.

Btw, if you ever actually do want to peek at the gallery like, I'd suggest you do it by right-clicking on the icon ("open in new tab") so that it does not interrupt your add-to-gallery action.

view photos

AJ8MH-Radio says:

Yes, yes, yes... Clicking on the icon of the Album just takes you to the Album, but clicking to the right on the name of the Album adds the photo. Good catch...

view photos

birdcloud1 says:

mag3737:

Thanks. You describe it well.

Right clicking is a great suggestion... and one I already use a lot.
Especially on the new notifications...
much faster than going in and out repeatedly :-)

AJ8MH-Radio:

It didn't seem obvious... but I'm glad to know it now :-)

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads