Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 20 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

Notifications: wrong numbers
Latest: 44 minutes ago
spam
Latest: 54 minutes ago
my photo was changed by FLICKR MODERATION BOT
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Investigating] Notifications
Latest: 4 hours ago
Organize page down?
Latest: 9 hours ago
[Resolved] Unable to open Faves by others of my pics.
Latest: 13 hours ago
App Garden
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 15 hours ago
My latest pictures aren't showing up in public search
Latest: 15 hours ago
Albums order
Latest: 19 hours ago
Email Notificatgions STOPPED
Latest: 19 hours ago
How Can I delete Old Photos So I can Add New Photos?
Latest: 20 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Photo being used in comments

DL_Dietz says:

I had someone post a comment to 4 of my photos.

In each one it looks like what some groups have where they have a comment and then a drawing or photo. In this case it says: "Great shots I honor with the group:". It doesn't say what group though.

In this case the photo is mine but I only posted it to 5 groups and I cannot see that this person is a moderator/owner of any of those groups.

I sent a flickr mail to this person to see if he just did it for my posts or is he is using it to comment on other people's photos.

If he is using it for other people's photos is there a way I can get him to stop as, like most people here, I have my photos copyrighted and specifically state to contact me if you wish to use any. I was never contacted at all.
Posted at 1:29PM, 27 November 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

DL_Dietz says:

Resolved
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

iansand says:

When you signed up to flickr you gave a licence for the use of your photos for the purposes of the site, or words of similar effect. I have no idea if this use is covered by that licence, but you may be on less firm ground than you think.

view photos

iansand says:

When you signed up to flickr you gave a licence for the use of your photos for the purposes of the site, or words of similar effect. I have no idea if this use is covered by that licence, but you may be on less firm ground than you think.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads