Help / The Help Forum

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 14 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

spam
Latest: 2 hours ago
Organize page down?
Latest: 3 hours ago
[Resolved] Unable to open Faves by others of my pics.
Latest: 7 hours ago
App Garden
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 9 hours ago
My latest pictures aren't showing up in public search
Latest: 9 hours ago
Albums order
Latest: 13 hours ago
Email Notificatgions STOPPED
Latest: 13 hours ago
How Can I delete Old Photos So I can Add New Photos?
Latest: 14 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 16 hours ago
? instead of a picture in notification mail
Latest: 16 hours ago
Flickr Uploader macOS Montery Not Uploading from Photos Library
Latest: 20 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

Is notifications a complete mess or am I missinng something?

amazingstoker says:

There seems to be all manner of faves and comments missing from Notifications. Please fix it before you switch off 'recent activity', even better restore 'Recent Activity' to how it worked perfectly before.

Posted at 2:33PM, 27 November 2021 PST ( permalink )

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

I get four types of notifications:

1) in the web browser (Chrome, Edge, Opera) after clicking on the bell icon,
2) in the Flickr app on my Android smartphone after tapping the bell icon,
3) emails,
4) the new Notifications Center.

Each of these four notification types shows other notifications than the other three.
None of them show all comments and faves.
In each of these four notification types, different notifications about comments and faves are missing.

Yes, it is a complete mess.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

mag3737 says:

G_E_R_D:

I have never noticed a discrepancy between your (1) and (4). Can you show an example?

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

mag3737:

I'll be happy to show an example as soon as I notice it again.

view photos

Stig Nygaard says:

I haven't checked all the channels mentioned by G_E_R_D. But I have just noticed I get notifications in my Activity RSS-feed(*), which I don't get from bell or new Notification Center.

(*) They are also on the old Activity page.

EDIT [80min later]: Notification Center is up-to-date again now.
Stig Nygaard edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

BlueVoter - thanks for 3.3M views says:

Thumbs way up for amazingstoker's post. I absolutely hate the pending switch from Recent Activity to Notifications. Most of the "notifications" I am getting now are about updates to group descriptions or admin blasts. When someone favors more than one of my photos, they are all grouped together in tiny little mini-thumbnails so that I can't even see which pictures were selected. And it's downhill from there.

On the Recent Activity page, I could see the favored image, as well as the number of total views and faves. That is *much* more useful than what is presented in the Notifications page.

We saw last month that Apple implicitly admitted to some of its recent design flaws by restoring the HDMI port, the SD card slot, and the magnetic power cord. If might Apple can do that, then Flickr can admit that they have made a mistake with this planned change, and leave the Recent Activity tab alone.

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

mag3737:

Here is the example you asked for:

Flickr bell icon

Flickr notifications

You see, five faves from JEAN TOUSSAINT TOSI are missing under the bell symbol. He left these faves four hours ago.

One fave from Marc Stalcup, which he left only 16 minutes ago, is there under both the bell and notifications.
G_E_R_D edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

John Frattura says:

G_E_R_D:

He left these faves four hours ago.
They seem to be gone from his faves. I might have missed them though.

view photos

monkeyc.net says:

click on alert get blank drop down. every time. yes its a mess yet another badly implemented flickr feature. I glad im not paying for this. ohh wait i am

view photos

G_E_R_D says:

John Frattura:

They seem to be gone from his faves. I might have missed them though.

No, they are there.
I found them on page 12 of his favorites.

view photos

Helena de Riquer says:

Hello, friends:

When 'Recent Activity' disappears permanently and in 'Notifications' I see Miss Mandarina and 5 others marked any photo as a favorite, how will I know who the 5 others are? ...

This is a nightmare.

view photos

Jan 130 says:

BlueVoter - thanks for 3.3M views:

Absolutely agree with you. I have had to switch back to Recent Acitiity today as I couldn't follow what's going on with a recent upload. Notifications is full of stuff we really don't need to know about, sorry to say.
Said it before ... it seems it's a 'fait accompli' though.

view photos

Suziecd/tv says:

Agree with those above, Notifications is a disaster, if flickr wants to introduce something useful give us the option to get rid of it and other stuff besides

view photos

my.travels says:

G_E_R_D:

I have been experiencing the same problem. I sent an email to staff and now waiting for a solution.

view photos

njk1951 says:

I totally agree with everything that BlueVoter says...I am copying his post below. Please leave Recent Activity as it is now!

BlueVoter - thanks for 3.3M views says:
Thumbs way up for amazingstoker's post. I absolutely hate the pending switch from Recent Activity to Notifications. Most of the "notifications" I am getting now are about updates to group descriptions or admin blasts. When someone favors more than one of my photos, they are all grouped together in tiny little mini-thumbnails so that I can't even see which pictures were selected. And it's downhill from there.

On the Recent Activity page, I could see the favored image, as well as the number of total views and faves. That is *much* more useful than what is presented in the Notifications page.

We saw last month that Apple implicitly admitted to some of its recent design flaws by restoring the HDMI port, the SD card slot, and the magnetic power cord. If might Apple can do that, then Flickr can admit that they have made a mistake with this planned change, and leave the Recent Activity tab alone.

view photos

Mr_Tronics says:

I fully agree with the hit and miss situation with notifications, between my Android, email, and browser notifications they dont all tie up. sometimes i get 2 of the 3.
This afternoon my Phone went off at 16:09 to inform me of someone favouriting 2 of my photos, this showed up on my Stats at 16:09 and got the email at 16:29 (checked every 5 mins), but now gone 19:16 and still no bell notification in browser for that activity, however another favourite notification has come through on all systems.

posted this and the missing notification came through and shows 3 hours old.

This thread was closed automatically due to a lack of responses over the last month.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads