Help / The Help Forum

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Hot Topics

[Official Thread] Have an idea for Flickr? Share it here.
Latest: 14 hours ago
New Flickr Notifications Center and Settings available to all members.
Latest: 4 months ago
[Updated April 26, 2021] Flickr is moving payments to Stripe
Latest: 14 months ago
Welcome to the Flickr Help Forum! Click here to get started and to read our Forum Guidelines.
Latest: 20 months ago

Current Discussion

spam
Latest: 73 minutes ago
Organize page down?
Latest: 2 hours ago
[Resolved] Unable to open Faves by others of my pics.
Latest: 7 hours ago
App Garden
Latest: 7 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Recent Activity & Notifications - Very slow loading!
Latest: 8 hours ago
My latest pictures aren't showing up in public search
Latest: 9 hours ago
Albums order
Latest: 12 hours ago
Email Notificatgions STOPPED
Latest: 12 hours ago
How Can I delete Old Photos So I can Add New Photos?
Latest: 13 hours ago
[Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves
Latest: 15 hours ago
? instead of a picture in notification mail
Latest: 16 hours ago
Flickr Uploader macOS Montery Not Uploading from Photos Library
Latest: 20 hours ago
More...

Search the Help Forum

[Duplicate] Pictures not showing up today?

Apple Roses says:

I've noticed that no one seems to see what I tried to post today. Is there an issue at this time?... it's super frustrating.
Posted at 11:32AM, 29 November 2021 PST ( permalink )
R L Catlow (staff) edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

mag3737 says:

Removing a photo because you think people might not be seeing it seems counterintuitive and counterproductive to me. Couldn't it just be that there is a temporary problem on Flickr that will be resolved, and then people would see your item? Why not just leave it there rather than start completely over again later?
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

view photos

conall.. says:

mag3737:

OP didnt actually say she was removing the photos.

...unless that was before she edited her post

view photos

MabelAmber***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest says:

conall..:

OP didnt actually say she was removing the photos.

...unless that was before she edited her post

She did say that... ("I pulled the photo"), editing it out some time after mag3737 had posted his comment.

view photos

Apple Roses says:

Honestly, what difference does me taking the photo out make? It's about Flickr not working isn't it? Your missing the point.

view photos

conall.. says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest: makes sense now

Apple Roses:

true! Sorry if it annoyed you but I only commented because the narrative didnt make sense as it stood. I was not saying removing the picture was a bad thing - it is your flickr page and for you to add and remove pictures as you wish.

I dont have anything useful to say about the underlying problem of people not being able to see what you post

view photos

mag3737 says:

I don't know anything about how buggy Flickr is these days either.

I just wanted to say that I'm puzzled when, faced with the apparent problem "people can't see my photo", one of the actions taken is to remove the photo from Flickr -- which will obviously make it 100% certain that no one will see the photo. In the interest of understanding how other people use Flickr, I'd like to know if there is a practical reason for this action. E.g. does it somehow matter when you post your photo? So it really is "better" somehow to physically remove your photo and re-add it another time?

view photos

John Frattura says:

mag3737:

I just wanted to say that I'm puzzled when, faced with the apparent problem "people can't see my photo", one of the actions taken is to remove the photo from Flickr -- which will obviously make it 100% certain that no one will see the photo. In the interest of understanding how other people use Flickr, I'd like to know if there is a practical reason for this action.
I think the logic is maybe something went wrong when the image was first uploaded, and maybe there won't be a problem if it's re-uploaded.

The "People can't see my photo" thing probably comes from two different reasons. If the image doesn't have as many faves, views, or comments as it "should" have, that must mean that people can't see the image. Pretty iffy reason, I'd say. Another reason would be if a user posted an image, and then asked someone that follows them, if it shows in their feed, and the answer is "no".

view photos

mag3737 says:

John Frattura:

Another reason would be if a user posted an image, and then asked someone that follows them, if it shows in their feed, and the answer is "no".

And there have been too many credible reports of this here lately.

view photos

conall..:

Not sure why you should include my icon in a reply strictly meant for OP, who actually was *responding to mag3737*.

Nothing in your reply to her can be meant for me, quote:

<
true! Sorry if it annoyed you but I only commented because the narrative didnt make sense as it stood. I was not saying removing the picture was a bad thing - it is your flickr page and for you to add and remove pictures as you wish.

I dont have anything useful to say about the underlying problem of people not being able to see what you post>

We just confirmed a piece of context which she had edited out. I regret doing that now.<

Edited to include quote

EDIT
I missed out on a crucial line in conall's post, the bit "Makes sense now".

Follow up:

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157720199918012/#reply7...

www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157720199918012/#reply7...
MabelAmber***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest edited this topic 2 months ago.

view photos

Loverdag - unedited - says:

There is long-term ongoing issue that some pictures are never shown for some followers in heir Feed and only way how they can see the pictures is via groups or to visit Photostreams directly.

Recently the issue went worse wich led to this thread
www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157720026321229/
Its not new either, it was created in October, but if you ask me, the issue is there much longer.

What varies is how badly it hits, it does not affect all pictures or all accounts in same measure every day.

view photos

conall.. says:

MabelAmber️***Pluto5339***MysteryGuest:

Not sure why you should include my icon in a reply strictly meant for OP

i was replying to you! look above that bit of text you quoted, I said "makes sense now"

this was in response to you saying that OP had deleted a comment saying that she had removed the picture.

view photos

Apple Roses says:

Thank you Loverdag - unedited for your support. You get it, and I appreciate your comment.

view photos

conall..:

i was replying to you! look above that bit of text you quoted, I said "makes sense now"

Whoops, I missed out on the bit "makes sense now"- perhaps posting in a forum is not the best idea immediately after you've discovered the rain is coming in where it shouldn't ===> cloudy outlook....

My apologies.

view photos

Ethan Lane Jaymes says:

Apple Roses:

Hi Apple,

I am currently having the same issue and it's quite clear it is a feeds issue. In the most recent photo, hardly any views are coming from feeds (1%)(checking stats on the affected picture).only mobile or direct photostream.

I compare this to my last pic which has (30-50%) views from feeds.

I have also emailed the flickr team for resolution, using the same screen shots of stats for direct comparison.

view photos

Flickr Staff

R L Catlow says:

Apple Roses:

Hi there,

It does sound like you might be possibly experiencing the same issue which referenced.

Shooting over an email now to gather some more details.

I am now closing this thread as it is a duplicate of [Acknowledged by Flickr Staff] Extremely low views and faves.

Thanks!

This thread has been closed by Flickr Staff.

Subscribe to a feed of stuff on this page... Feed – Subscribe to help discussion threads