17.3K Followers•14.3K Following
Drag to set position!
For strictly personal/non-commercial use of these flower images (NOT PEOPLE IMAGES) you can copy and paste them as long as the following message:
©Bahman Farzad / lotusflowerimages.com
appears where used.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions:
email@example.com or use the flickr mail.
* BSME, (Mechanical Engineering) Queen Mary College - University of London 1968
* MSME, (Mechanical Engineering) King's College - University of London 1969
* CDP, (Certified Data Processor) 1978
* MSCS, (Computer Science, University Of Alabama At Birmingham) 1979
Software Engineer: Photography Instructor: Author: Freelance Photographer:
* SunGard Data, Birmingham, Alabama
* University of Alabama at Birmingham (Special Studies - 1987 to 2003), Birmingham School of Photography teaching Light Measurement, Introduction to 35mm Photography, Introduction to light measurement, Paint With Your Camera, Mathematics of photography for people who hate math, Advanced Zone System, How to win photo contests, How to get published, and so on.
More than 66 regional, statewide, national and international awards in photography and graphic design (partial list):
* American Photo International Competition, First place, Humor and Imagination, 1996. (One of six top winners from 41000 entries)
* Bluff Park Art Association $1000 purchase award, 1991. The only photograph in the 34-year history of this national show to compete with 21 other mediums such as oil painting, watercolor and sculpture to capture the show's highest honor.
* Studio Magazine, (1988) Toronto, Canada, Annual International Graphic Design and Photo Contest, merit award
* Popular Photography, (August 1988), First Place
* Birmingham Advertising Club (Graphic Design), 4 Gold awards
* Red Mountain Museum Contest, National, 3 First place wins
* Greater Birmingham Arts Alliance (multiple)
* Alabama Zoological Society -- 6 First place wins
* Alabama Press Photographers Association (multiple)
* Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques, 1990 (Studio Photography Techniques)
* Petersen's Photographic (two articles), May 1993 (Abstracts with Corrugated Aluminum Foil and Ten Tips on Backlighting)
* Pentax Life, 1991 (How to Photograph Flower Petals)
* Camera and Darkroom, 1992 (Neutral Density Filters -- Sunglasses for Your Camera)
* Pentax Family (Japan), 1992 (Aluminum Foil Techniques)
* Teach Yourself Simplified Zone System of Light Measurement (Textbook on Photographic Exposure) -- 1996 -- Images Media, NY <a (Textbook on Photographic Exposure) -- 1999 to 2007 -- Confused Photographer's Guide Books, Birmingham, AL )
* The Confused Photographer's Guide to on-camera Spotmetering.
* The Confused Photographer's Guide to Photographic Exposure and the Simplified Zone System.
Published in (partial):
* Hallmark cards (5 Postcards)
* Automotive Executive, Two Cover Photographs
* Sierra Club Calendars
* More than 50 brochures, corporate publications, and annual reports
* A series of award winning posters for the Birmingham Zoo.
* Poster designs for Jay Maisel, Galen Rowell and John Shaw.
- JoinedDecember 2007
- OccupationSystems Engineer, Photographer, Author, Graphic Designer, Photography Instructor
- Current cityBirmingham, Alabama
Most popular photos
Photos of Bahman Farzad
TestimonialsWrite a testimonial
"Hello, just stopping by to write you a testimonial ! I enjoyed your page a lot, Keep it up and you will go far. check out my work if you have time! www.facebook.com/... and here's my twitter page www.twitter.com/p... Thank you ! -PhotographAC"
Buongiorno, sono rimasta incantata dalla grazie ed eleganza che traspare dalle sue foto. C'è ricerca e tecnica , certo, ma soprattutto una capacità del cuore che trasforma e ricrea quello su cui posa l'occhio. Grazie per aver condiviso questa "grazia" con me . Maryateresa - Italia Good morning, I was enchanted by t… Read more
Buongiorno, sono rimasta incantata dalla grazie ed eleganza che traspare dalle sue foto. C'è ricerca e tecnica , certo, ma soprattutto una capacità del cuore che trasforma e ricrea quello su cui posa l'occhio. Grazie per aver condiviso questa "grazia" con me . Maryateresa - Italia Good morning, I was enchanted by the grace and elegance that shines through his photos. There is research and technical expertise, certainly, but above all a capacity of the heart that transforms and recreates the one that poses the eye. Thank you for sharing this "grace" with me. Maryateresa - ItalyRead less
Wonderful Work!!!!! Thank you! "J'aime ce qui n'a que des rêves J'ai un jardin tout de fleurs qui n'existe pas Je suis résolument triangulaire" Pablo Neruda
Hey this photographer is good.... you can learn from him by stopping by ....