Bailey Theatre collection
This collection features lobby cards for silent films that were exhibited at the Bailey Theatre in Camrose, Alberta during the 1910s and 1920s.

The Bailey Theatre was opened in 1911 in Camrose, AB as the David Theatre, named after its original owner, Camille David. In its original incarnation, the theatre hosted live theatre and vaudeville performances, film screenings, meetings, and boxing matches. In 1919, David sold the theatre to Stan Bailey, who re-named the theatre after himself and focused more on film screenings while still offering live performances. The theatre became a film theatre exclusively sometime after the Second World War and remained as such until the 1990s, when competition from a local multiplex theatre forced the venue to close.

In 1998, Landmark Cinemas donated the building to the Bailey Theatre Society, a non-profit organization devoted to restoring the theatre and once again providing a venue for live performances and film screenings in downtown Camrose. After several years of fundraising and restoration work, the Bailey Theatre re-opened in 2011 and is managed by the Bailey Theatre Society.
13 photos · 144 views